• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help with High Standard Hard Slide

Hello All,

Sorry if this isn't the correct placxe to post this question and if it isn't can someone please guide me as I am new here.

I have a used High Standard Supermatic Trophy. When the firearm the slide is in battery, no round in it, and stored, I have to use a lot of strength just to pull the slide back to load a full clip when beginning a match. If the slide is closed it is difficult to draw back or open the action whether there is a magazine inserted or not.

Have other owners experienced this and maybe have a fix or what I'm doing wrong? My Ruger doesn't have this problem and in all my years of shooting, I never encountered this before.

Thanks for any help.

Frank

HS's have a heavy spring when cocking, if the pistol has been dry fired (on an empty round) the slide will not open easy. If it remains "cocked it is easier to open the slide.

Hi Frank. The fellas have pretty much nailed it. I'd just like to gently suggest that the term "clip" is not correct. You are loading a Magazine into that HS. Just thought I'd make that minor correction.

HS are excellent shooters. Make sure it's also lubed up correctly.

Rome

So noted and thank you...yes magazine, not clip....lube did the job......fired a 98 in gallery time fire and 96 in gallery rapid fire.......here's what it shot in slow fire. No0 complaints except that I had two 'out' [laugh]

slow...(photo attched) IMG-20130226-00136.jpg

Back
Top Bottom