Help school me on pocket pistols

DickWanner

Banned
So I'm now in the market for a couple of pocket pistols. I'm looking for something in 9mm similar to a Kel-Tec P-11 or PF-9 and a snubbie .357mag similar to a S&W Airweight. Any suggestions other than what I have already mentioned? Probably going to be buying used.

I don't believe the Kel-tec is sold in MA. I've been thinking about the same issue, but I don't know what good inexpensive models are available.

My fave pocket carry is the SP101. In the summer, I carry one in each pocket of my shorts

Most pocket semi auto's are not on the list, but they are still some around to be had. I think someone on the board was selling a P-11 just recently. I picked up a Kahr PM9 and pocket carry it almost every day. I also have a S&W 642, but mostly stick with the PM9. If you keep your eye out for what you want, you will find it sooner or later. If it's not on the list just resign yourself to the fact that it will be used. Not a big problem as far as I'm concerned.

I'll give a big thumbs up to the S&W 442 (.38SPL +P).

I had a Ruger SP101 that I loved, but it was too heavy for my work pants.

S&W makes a 2 3/4" 500.

But, then again, my pockets are a little bigger than yours. LOL.

Seriously, pocket guns are a very personal item. If possible, shoot s many different ones as you can. Then make your decision.

I have an M&P 340 and its my most carried gun. If you'd like to meet at No. Leominster to try it some afternoon with some ammo ranging from .38 SPL target loads to full-house 158 grain .357's let me know.

M&P.jpg

I picked up a NAA Gaurdian .32 intending it to be a pocket carry. I found it a little too bulky with a pockey holster. I put a Covert Carry on it and now it's tucked in my belt at all times.

Personally, I can't think of a better option for pocket carry than a Smith And Wesson 642CT in a Mika pocket holster. I love the M&P 340 as well, but found that the 642CT suits my needs perfectly. I don't need the extra features of the 340, (i.e. sights) and found full power .357's to be fun but uncomfortable and unnecessary for my needs. With Speer Gold Dot 135gr +Ps I feel more than adequately gunned. Shooting is believing and you're welcome to put as many rounds downrange as you wish at the next members shoot, or if you wander out into Western Massachusetts.

I find that a K frame like my 2-1/2" Model 66 fits my hand much better than the J frames, even though I don't have large hands.

Ken

I love my sp101 and it loves 158 gr anythings but that might not be what you like to shoot [wink]

I tend to favor revolvers but that's my personal preference. That being qualified, I'd suggest an sp101, S&W 340, or even a S&W 642 with speer 135 gr + P's.

As for semi's; I'd take a 1911, officer or commander, inside my waistband over any other make in my pocket.

YMMV

I believe it was Goose selling the Kel Tec. Don't know if it was sold or not. There were a few sold in MA before the ban so if you really want one look around, you never know what you might find on the used market.

Just to clear up some confusion I'm looking for both a 9mm and .357mag. For the 9mm I'm looking for towards the Kel-Tec PF-9 or Taurus PT111 if I can find them. I'm liking the S&W 340, but I'm not sure I want a hammerless revolver.

I have an M&P 340 and its my most carried gun. If you'd like to meet at No. Leominster to try it some afternoon with some ammo ranging from .38 SPL target loads to full-house 158 grain .357's let me know.

M&P.jpg

Most definitely. I'm in CA right now on AT, but I'll be back on the 26th and then I should be done with school crap by the end of the second week in May. I'll also be at the NES shoots on 5/17, 6/1, and 7/4.

Back
Top Bottom