• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help please

So im new to the forum but not new to the BS that is CT gun laws i recently purchased a Rock River Arms Operator stock. and now i have to have it pinned or im a felon (as im sure you know) i was wondering if anyone has already done this or has tips and pictures on how they pinned there RRA operator stock any and all help are appreciated thanks.

A cursory glance round my other forums did not yield any wisdom. I'll keep checking though.

I have not had one in hand but I viwed the few pics they have on thier website. It looks like you would need to come in from below. Otherwise with a std side attack,the pin hole would pierce the h2o proof storage compartments.

Did you contact RRA and ask if they have thought of this yet? Maybe jojo's in southington could help. They are worth the call.

You have 3 choices.

1) pin the stock
2) purchase a pre-ban lower for about $600. In which case you can put any combination of stocks, bayonet mounts, and/or threaded bbls/flash suppressors on your gun that your heart desires

3) ***best choice if you don't want to spend the $$ on a preban***Get yourself a nice Vltor rifle stock. Look, why would you want a non-collapsing collapsable stock?? Its stupid. Just get a fixed stock.

I know the answer - because you want it to look cool. I understand. The Vltor is a great stock, and it looks cool. Its also designed to be fixed and works great.

I hate collapsable stocks, so I have rifle stocks even on my pre-ban gun. Here is a photo.

IMG_3836.jpg

As time passes we learn what we like. I like rifle stocks. I like short light guns. I like shooting open sights.
So for me, its a rifle stocked gun with a short barrel, light weight hand guards (no rails)

I also like shooting suppressed with both .223 rifle ammo and .22LR ammo. So a threaded bbl is what I have. This gun with a .22 kit and a YHM Mite on the bbl is a great way to introduce people to shooting. Light weight, very quiet so instructing is easy, and effectively no recoil.

Last edited:
[grin][grin][grin]That pic just made my day! I seriously did not know that Vltor made a fixed rifle length stock, let alone in a club foot. I have a Stag lower that i want to build up and i really don't want a standard A2 or a pinned stock. I looked at an Ace UL and ARFX, but that Vltor comes in that brown so I think I am gonna go that route. Quick questions.......weight when compared to an A2 stock and does it attach to the bufferlike an A2? Awesome stuff.[grin][grin][grin]

Its a little heavier than the A2 stock. But it has battery compartments !!(??)
(I realize that to the men playing in the desert this could be a big deal, but to us boys and our toys, its not really of much use)

The compartments actually remove if you want to lighten up the stock.

It does attach to the buffer. I don't remember exactly how, but it comes with the parts to use either an A2 buffer or a carbine buffer.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Don
p.s. for the ultimate short, light toy, you could get a 10.5" light contour Noveske barrel and a clark custom carbon fiber float tube complete with an aluminum nut. Very light and would be very accurate.

Back
Top Bottom