HELP! Nowhere to shoot my M16 in MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGnoob

NES Life Member
NES Member
Greetings,
I've been in active process to get my M16 (RDIAS) for 2.5 years.. i received it about 3 months ago. In that time i have not had the opportunity to flip the switch and cycle to forbidden 2 rounds with 1 pull of the trigger.I have found out what we all know shooting range board members are like little league baseball coaches/parents.......your either in the club or your not and there are written and unwritten rules that don't apply to everyone equally.i have wasted much time driving around and submitting application to ranges that say they allow it, then i pay join or go to the interview to be told....get a hair cut.no not really but they just tell me no i can't join, or no you can't shoot that here. Even though it clearly states in the rules it's allowed.....but i guess i am just not in the "Club". I would buy my own land (more than what i currently own) to shoot on , but why do i want to pay taxes on something when the city is going to just come and tell me i can't shoot on my property for whatever reason, then being stuck with land and expenses when i will be denied "best use" of my land.

I am looking for other true believers in the second amendment that will allow me the opportunity to shoot on there land.I feel terrible asking because no one wants trouble or the government in there life which will inevitably happen, but i am running out of options.I would love the opportunity to come out and shoot just once if that's all you can stomach, or shoot until there is a problem, then move on..I have no other choice but to go this route because atleast once there is trouble i can move on to another spot...if it where my land i would go to court and fight it, i am not asking anyone to do that...it's a losing battle i've seen more then 1 range that had been in for familys for generation get dragged through the mud, win in court and have cities change rules/laws just to drag them into court again...these people still use there ranges just infrequently and without guests now.

i've tried 5 ranges and while some tried to be nice about it, other where outright rude. i though about trying to stack boards in my favor and some where close, but join a club, studying the bylaws , and trying to remove people who love what they do from there position, isn't very nice, and definatly won't make you any friends when it blows up in your face. Any of the members/board member who agree with me and spoke up when these clubs changed there rules, are discusted about how this is going for me.

Anyone out there with a suitable location will to let me shoot a single 20 round mag, might pull me out of my depression.. anyone willing to let me use a 120 drum might make me not wish i never bothered to go though all the legal barriers, spend all the time and money.to have a $20 piece of steel i can't even use anywhere?

In-case your curious i have many uppers lengths and caliber options (.22,9mm,.223) i've never gotten to use any of them..I want a Shrike 556 beltfed upper, i already have a pile of pre 1994 linked ammo, it's current configurations is a colt green label preban lower, a 7.5" gas piston sig 516 upper, reduced weight BCG for higher cycle speed, sig stoplite forgrip,the new nightvision compatible EOtech w/g33 flip to side magnifier, and a tactical brass recover brass catcher.It's a pretty cool paperweight at this point, i have shot it in semi and am suprised how quite and accurate the 7.5" upper is.

i've been a lurker here for awhile, sorry for the crybaby first post, i finally joined here after a member at the only other forum i got to "castboolits" Thank you!

*EDIT* i am in western MA Springfield area

Last edited:
The only solution I see is to give it to me. I'll see if I have any better luck. Let me know when you want to meet up. [smile]

Harvard Sportsmen's Club and Hanson are both MG friendly. Harvard even has an MG/NFA range and an SMG range. There are also several clubs in NH that openly allow it.

-Mike

i'll have to look into hanson.....harvard was the next 1 i was going to try.
I should have mentioned i am in the Springfield area, harvard is far but i think they have the longest rang in MA which would be a plus, one of the clubs i tried was like 15min from NH, i would have to file paperwork with the atf everytime i want to cross state line which i may do at some point

Gator, while funny your not the first person to suggest that, i'll put you in -line

i'll have to look into hanson.....harvard was the next 1 i was going to try.
I should have mentioned i am in the Springfield area, harvard is far but i think they have the longest rang in MA which would be a plus, one of the clubs i tried was like 15min from NH,

Westfield used to allow MGs but I'm not sure what the deal is there after the "kid with the rental uzi" incident. From what I heard the club went full retard on gay rules after that happened.

i would have to file paperwork with the atf everytime i want to cross state line which i may do at some point

It's not every time, it's once a year per state. Most MG owners file 5320s every year to cover the whole year for anywhere they might go.

-Mike

i thought you had to give a location and a time frame...and 2014 or 2015 wasn't specific enough.

all of these clubs don't allow it because of westfield and noise complain by the same people who make it so you can't have a supressor.
Westfield was brought up in the interview... i said so if one of our junior has an incident with a starter pistol or .22lr are we not going to shoot those anymore either?
there is nothing wrong with children shooting MGs, turret mounted or laying on the ground with a rifle...i just don't see what any of that has to do with me.

Last edited:
You have a full auto and can't shoot it? Sweet justice!

just kidding.

Maybe.

The irony is too much for me.....i'm not even 30 you should see the butt-hurt look i get from almost everyone, it's pathetic. I didn't tell them to have a bunch of kids and get married and divorced.
and i find it unjust some people are more free then others..someone who has a wife and 4 daughter and puts them through college should be able to buy one for $20, me who spent time and money should be able to shoot. "It's for the children" is a pretty weak reason to steal these childrens rights away before there old enough to dao anything like what happend in 1986 to me. the government came for my machine guns when i was 1 year old

Maybe it's my bad English, but that last post doesn't make much sense.

I think OP doesn't like kids. Or maybe kids don't like him. I can't quite tell.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah, Harvard Sportsmens Club has two dedicated ranges for full auto - one for rifle, one for carbine.

53667327.jpg

I know that WPRC allows it when you get prior permission, and notify the local PD the day you shoot... I'll have to check bylaws.

my typing, spelling, grammar are pretty bad, also a sticky keyboard and barely graduating high-school doesn't help either.

It's not that i don't like kids, i just dislike having to pay for and be responsible for people kids that they shouldn't have had in the first place.

Update, i have started the application process at another range. This will be my 5th attempt not counting the ones on the phone/email that just told me no

also i recieved a PM from someone very close to my location. I think we will be shooting FA together before i find out if i will be able to shoot at this new range.

If you think this spelling puncation is bad you should check out my Thread here about how i copper plate my own projectiles they are basically frangible amuntion.. only way i'll be able to afford to feed the beast it's got decent picture towards the end with my new set-up

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?236015-Plating-better-easier-than-coating

Last edited:
I'm a little confused. You have an m16........and according to you post you have yet to switch the selector and fire 2 rounds per pull of the trigger? Wtf

Last edited:
I'm a little confused. You have an m16........and according to you post you have yet to switch the selector and for 2 rounds per pull of the trigger? Wtf

What's confusing about it, it's MA. i haven't shot my machine gun full-auto.

What's confusing about it, it's MA. i haven't shot my machine gun full-auto.

Thought you were saying it fired a two round burst. Jesus.......you need to be a bit more succinct when you communicate. I hope your m16 fires more than two rounds when you put the selector lever on auto. :)

We r all gun owners here and understand your pain........for example your first post instead of rambling on could have said "I got my mg license and have an m16......need a place to shoot it.....I'll bring ammo and buy beers after.......any takers?". ;)

oh, i see the confusion.. it's safe/semi/full.. i just haven't selected full and fired it.although i do believe it will work first time.
I also have a 4-way select kit, a safe/semi/burst and what appears to be a cam for 2 shot burst..why anyone would install a 2 shot burst is beyond me, but it is done.

i'll probibly never use any burst i hate that if the whole burst isn't fired you'll only have whats left on the next trigger pull....so 2 shot burst would be even more stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

We r all gun owners here and understand your pain........for example your first post instead of rambling on could have said "I got my mg license and have an m16......need a place to shoot it.....I'll bring ammo and buy beers after.......any takers?". ;)

While very true, that could be construed as illegal in ma like everything else, i don't want to argue legalities though it's a waste of time.Thank you guys for all the help i'll try to type better.

oh, i see the confusion.. it's safe/semi/full.. i just haven't selected full and fired it.although i do believe it will work first time.
I also have a 4-way select kit, a safe/semi/burst and what appears to be a cam for 2 shot burst..why anyone would install a 2 shot burst is beyond me, but it is done.

i'll probibly never use any burst i hate that if the whole burst isn't fired you'll only have whats left on the next trigger pull....so 2 shot burst would be even more stupid.
um there is a reason the us military went from auto to 3 round burst.......you'll understand the first time you shoot that m16 on auto.......after 3 or 4 rounds come out of it you ain't anywhere near where you sighted that rifle........waste of ammo.

That's originally why i got the other components. I am very curious to experience it first hand, although i have shot full auto a couple times. also my receiver wouldn't need the selector stops ground off, so it only take a moment to change out the fire control group. i also have different buffer weight and carriers to adjust cycle speed.

I didn't even plan to set up a target the first time, just shoot a berm/backstop

BS on what?? 2 shot burst or the entire thread?

warwickben will take you under his wig.

[rofl]

yes. I spelled it wig.

Lol ...

Dias drool ....

Please tell me you looked up how to check the timing on it. If it's not right you'll have hammer follow which can go bad..... Should post pics of the setup you have I've seen a few different types. Depending on the style there's a few ways to adjust it with out needing a new auto sear made(the part with out the serial number) which is legal to make btw the holder is the part you can't make a replacement.

I've never heard of 2 shot shot burst trigger .

If I could afford a rdias I might be tempted to get the semi /burst/full tigger for it but would be more then happy with just semi /full trigger.

If I ever get my FFl first thing I'm making is a dias for my ar. There so simple to make its pretty sad.

i had bought gauge pins instead of drill shanks like recomended on quartbore's site.. atleast i think it's called that.

When i got it it came with a .050 plastic shim.. acordding to all my research it is timed late, but honestly i don't care what i read on the internet it functions in dry fire perfectly.
here's a photo.http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/MGnoob/media/photo2_zpsb7cdf805.jpg.html?sort=3&o=65

it's also featured on M60 joes website (hint it's the only one with the small tapped hole on the back.

once i test fire each upper i have plastic shims and super glue to attach the shim to th lug becasue it'd be easy to loose the little guy.

as far as 2 shot burst IDK i've got what looks like a 3 shot burst cam but with less "lobes" on it

as far as all your BS comments believe what you want, look at the thread i posted about copper plating on cast boolits, and when this other NES member and i go shoot it he can confirm or deny it.
As always's your free to believe whatever you like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom