Help me with a radio I found (Motorola CP100)

jeffC

NES Member
I'm not sure if this radio ties in with what goes on in this section (to be honest, this is the first time I've ever been to this part of NES) but I found a radio in the woods and figured someone here may be a able to help. I found this motorola CP100 while hiking a little while back in the woods. It couldnt have been there for TOO long, as I frequent this spot once a week and would have noticed it before. I want to know, what kind of capabilities does it have? Could I use it as a police scanner? Or is it just a walkie talkie type? Second, is there anyone here who may be willing to try and fix it? I assume it may need a charge. Im not going to buy a charger unless I know it works, so I thought Id come here and see if anyone knows anything about these. Might be cool to have running! Currently cannot get it to turn on. Might be broken, weather damaged, or just need a charge....not sure

View attachment 63310

If the radio works, it can be reprogrammed for frequencies in VHF (151-159 MHz) or UHF (461-470 MHz). You should be able to substitute 4 AA batteries for the dead rechargeable, but first you might want to stick it in a Ziploc with a big desiccant packet for a week, just to take out any internal moisture.

Depending on your model, you might be able to program the CP100 to transmit and receive on one of the MURS or GMRS frequencies, in case you have a friend who owns a transceiver in those bands.

Or you could post a note on a tree close to where you found it with a phone number/e-mail, or whatever you can think of, on it saying you found a radio and if they can describe it you will gladly return it.

You know I see people in here bitch and moan about people taking things that arn't theirs when you forget or drop something at the range, what about everyplace else? Hummmmmm?

Or you could post a note on a tree close to where you found it with a phone number/e-mail, or whatever you can think of, on it saying you found a radio and if they can describe it you will gladly return it.

You know I see people in here bitch and moan about people taking things that arn't theirs when you forget or drop something at the range, what about everyplace else? Hummmmmm?

Found it in a field, over the winter. Like I said I spend a lot of time in these woods, and know the other people who walk this area. If someone frequented this area and lost it, I'd know about it. Theres a lot of illegal hunting that happens in these woods, and chances are it came from one of them, so **** them..... try pushing without a radio.

Back
Top Bottom