Help me pick out a concealed carry gun for my wife

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Thank you.[mg]

The best advice anyone can give you is to involve her in the decision and let her make the choice after she has had a chance to handle and shoot as many different handguns as possible.

The biggest mistake many husbands make (other than the obvious!) is to try to choose a gun for their wife. If she is going to carry it, she should make the choice.

Sorry, I was being too subtle

The best advice anyone can give you is to involve her in the decision and let her make the choice after she has had a chance to handle and shoot as many different handguns as possible.

The biggest mistake many husbands make (other than the obvious!) is to try to choose a gun for their wife. If she is going to carry it, she should make the choice.

I was making fun of threads on other boards that constantly ask this stupid question to which you gave the absolutely correct answer to.
I don't even have a wife but if I did I would no more buy her a gun without her involvement than I would a dress...for her[wink]

Look for a post by Mike Nastek (sp?) of NEShooters. It might be in the training forum. He wrote up a great piece on this.

Yup Dave. Way too subtle.

The people that ask that question might as well ask, "Help me pick out shoes for my wife."

Can't go wrong with any one of the S&W .38 +P Airweights. 638, 637, 642 will all do the job well, are very light and very concealable.

Or perhaps an M&P 9.

Here is the link to the article I wrote. It is as real as it can get regarding the topic. I think I'm still paying the loan off for Denise's guns.

Best suggestion take her to the range with people who have a variety of firearms and let here shoot them all and make her own choice.

You cannot try on a pair of shoes for someone else and expect them to fit them like they do you. Would you buy a pair of shoes for your lady?

http://www.neshooters.com/buying a fire arm for the woman in your life.pdf

Is anyone else confused by this thread in light of his other thread... what am I missing?

Are you still in the long miserable marriage and want to buy her a gun so she can shoot you for taking the hot 53yo to the range?

Easy to use, reliable, and will hurt no matter what, go with a J-Frame. Of course bring he to S&W and have her try some of them out first. 38, 32 or even 22 Mag will make someone stop what they are doing.

I was making fun of threads on other boards that constantly ask this stupid question to which you gave the absolutely correct answer to.
I don't even have a wife but if I did I would no more buy her a gun without her involvement than I would a dress...for her[wink]

I think most of you missed Dave uber-subtle sense of humor (that he clarified in the quoted post above). HE'S MAKING FUN OF THREADS THAT ASK THIS QUESTION!

Think about it. The premise itself - that a bunch of anonymous forum denizens could ever pick out a gun for anybody's wife - is quite ridiculous, yet it seems to come up about once per day.

Last edited:
I think most of you missed Dave uber-subtle sense of humor (that he clarified in the quoted post above). HE'S MAKING FUN OF THREADS THAT ASK THIS QUESTION!

Think about it. The premise itself - that a bunch of anonymous forum denizens could ever pick out a gun for anybody's wife - is quite ridiculous, yet it seems to come up about once per day.

ahhh.... yes... missed that!

Back
Top Bottom