Help me decide which rifle I should put my new scope on...please.

OK - Sorry if this is a noob type question, but I know almost nothing about optics. I just bought a Sight Mark triple duty 1-6X24 riflescope. SM13021CDX

From the Sight Mark website:

Features

• precision accuracy
• adjustment lock
• circle dot duplex reticle
• wide field of view
• precision multi-coated optics
• internal lit reticle
• 1/2” locking moa
• easy focusing knob
• side diopter adjustment
• lightweight
• waterproof
• shockproof

URL: Triple Duty M4 1-6x24 CDX (SM13021CDX) | Sightmark

I have a 187 series Ruger Mini-14 with the factory folding stock I would like to utilize this on, but not sure if this scope will take the pounding, or even if it is the right choice for tactical SHTF type of work.

Or...I could mount it on my Ruger 10/22 - I thought this might be the best option.

I bought it because I got a great price on it and hoped it would fit the needs of one of these rifles, not because I thought it was the best scope brand available.

TIA in advance for any advise as to its proper use.

Rob

x6 power scope for 22lr? a bit high for 100yard round, don't you think? yeah i know it can be adjusted to x1 but do you REALLY need a magnification scope for 100yard max defective range round/rifle? Unless it's for 'long-range' squirrel hunting or punching quarters? inexpensive red dot would fit that application better i think.

as for the scope which is pretty good scope from what i see, i'd say put it on more serious rifle that shoots bigger and accurate round at longer ranges, like .223 for instance

IMHO

Last edited:
^^^ Thank you...that is some elaboration I was hoping to get. However, by .223 I assume you don't mean the Mini-14? I'm thinking the range on the scope and low field of view would not be conductive to folding Mini-14 type use. ie. tactical zombie stuff. I also appreciate the input on the quality of the scope itself.

Looks like I need to buy another rifle or sell this and get a 10/22 type scope of which I've seen many good recommendations.

mini-14 is in .223 so you can use your scope on it. many people use similar scopes on their AR-15s etc. don't need to sell it. even if you won't use it on your mini-14, some day you'll buy a gun which it would suite perfectly.
i was generally speaking of the round to scope relations w/o going in particularities of the specific rifle.

for 10/22 (which is a plinker for most people) simple red-dot or cheap holographic sight will be more than adequate for an average plinker. you've already got descent magnified optics, now you can get a CQB sight which is nice thing to have anyways. you can then swap them back and forth and see what you like the best.

also buy a good quick detach mount for your optics. it's much more convenient then ye-olde scope rings.

may i suggest that you go on goggle and read-up on types of scopes, variations, applications etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom