• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help identify this key

jayhitek

NES Member
Just found these keys in my gun safe. No idea what they go to. Anyone have similar keys?
For it to be in there with the other keys.. Has to be gun/safe related.

Doesn't go to my micro vault. That's the smaller silver key on the right.
There's no over ride key on any of the other safes.

Attachments

• 20180120_144535.jpg
    20180120_144535.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 431
It looks like the circular keys I use on my storage containers. I have three different brands and they all use the same style key.

added: It looks identical to the key I use for my Kobalt cabinet

reminds me of keys for locking a computer. I also had a home alarm years ago that had a key like this.

Yes, I remember the car alarm keys.

Looks exactly like my stack on cabinet key. Including the gold color and triangle cutout. Is your safe electronic? Is there a piece of plastic thst pops off to reveal a keyhole?

I was going to post the video of the chastity belt / key scene from Robin Hood Men In Tights.
That would have probably been better. I need eye bleach now that I've Googled "chastity belt" images...

Just found these keys in my gun safe. No idea what they go to. Anyone have similar keys?
For it to be in there with the other keys.. Has to be gun/safe related.

Doesn't go to my micro vault. That's the smaller silver key on the right.
There's no over ride key on any of the other safes.
Have you tried it in your Hillary hole? /s

reminds me of keys for locking a computer. I also had a home alarm years ago that had a key like this.

Yes, I remember the car alarm keys.

I was wondering if it was to a wok server. But I can't imagine I'd bring that home and hide it with the other keys.

My lockable cabinets from Lowe’s and Home Depot (different brands) both use a key that looks exactly like that as does one of my small gun cases as a backup to the electronic lock.

One of my gun safes w an electronic combination has a key like that as a backup, the keyhole is behind a piece of plastic on the front of the unit that needs to be removed to access it.

8FCBCAFE-967E-43DD-BE7A-96B14A1930E4.jpeg 0DD2CF5A-7C2D-4DD5-A190-DCFB27E9685A.jpeg

Last edited:
common, cheap, cylinder lock, could be anything.
my money is on it being a server key.

If it's an ACE 137 or clone, it can be opened with a HPT TLP-C, Model B, pick. Or, in many cases, a stick style bic pen.

These used to be considered high security until several companies (HPC, Pickmasters, etc.) came out with a tubular pick. The BIC pen trick killed off use of this lock type on Kryptonite bike locks.

Looks like the key to my gunvault electronic pistol safe.

I actually had to use that this morning as the damn lock would not disengage thanks to something wedged in there.

Back
Top Bottom