Helicopter Pig Hunt Video: . . .

I bet it doesnt take long to get the population back in check once more people start doing this. Normaly you get one and have to go looking for the rest. This way you pretty much get the whole group all at once. Im curious to see how this works out.

There are millions of these things roaming Texas alone. They breed like rats.
Chopper harvesting is expensive and can only control relatively small areas.
Even if you got a thousand a day, it would be a losing process in the great scheme of things.

I'm no expert at all, but I've seen what these buggers can do. These are not javelina, they are feral hogs. Mean, dangerous, fast and smart

There was a show on History or maybe Discovery about how much of a problem these pigs are causing. I think it was called "Pig Bomb" or something to that effect. I can't remember the exact numbers but they were saying that they can breed at very young ages and have rather size-able litters so the population is exploding (hence the show's title). I would agree the helicopter method is not very sporting, but they aren't out for sport.

There's also a group in Georgia that employs thermal optics and .308 AR's to hunt large quantities of these pigs as well, Jager Pro, they've got a channel on youtube with some of their videos.

Here is the solution:

1. Introduce huge quantities of wolves to run off the pigs;
2. When the wolf population gets out of control, introduce lions to run off the wolves;
3. When the lion population gets out of control, introduce elephants to run off the lions;
4. When the elephant population gets out of control, introduce mice to run off the elephants;
5. When the mice population gets out of control, introduce cats to run off the mice;
6. When the cat population gets out of control, introduce dogs to run off the cats; and
7. When the dog population gets out of control, introduce pigs to run off the dogs.

That should control the pig population for a while. Seems like this is a children's book as well.

In any case, I think feral hogs are so established that at best the population can be kept in check but not really reduced that much. Maybe efforts at capturing them, sterilizing them and then releasing the sterile ones to mitigate the number of future births would help. But that is TX, and killing is way cooler!!!

"Git some! Git some! Git some, yeah, yeah, yeah! Anyone who runs, is a VC. Anyone who stands still, is a well-disciplined VC"

I choose the door mounted 50 [smile]

Last edited:
Use a 50 cal on them pigs and there would be nothing left. Check out the youtube video "50 cal on goats". WOW.[shocked]

Use a 50 cal on them pigs and there would be nothing left.

So???? [smile]

Maybe even twins. [smile]

428px-Twin_M2HB_machine_gun.jpg

This isn't hunting, it's vermin extermination and should be viewed in the same light as spraying fields to kill insects, or baiting to kill rats.

If anyone looked at this from the perspective of the owner of the fields/crops, they wouldn't view it as an example of a horrific hunting technique or a black mark on the shooting community.

My only point would be that it doesn't look to be terribly efficient (lots of misses) and appears to be expensive (fuel, flight costs). There are groups that shoot feral hogs from the ground using night scopes and long range shots, that seem a lot more efficient in their kill rates.

Back
Top Bottom