Helicopter Pig Hunt Video: . . .

TX just made this legal to try and control the hog population. I don't think they care about hunting ethics - they want to greatly reduce the number of hogs any way they can. They cause massive property damage and are not a native species.

As anyone who has lived in rural Texas will tell you, those things are a scourge upon the earth. It's economic survival for the farmers. Feral hogs can destroy huge sections of cropland in just hours.It is extermination, not sport. Just like we exterminate rats in Southie

Idiots like this that give hunters a bad name.

This is now being encouraged to reduce property damage. I wouldn't put it under the "hunting"" category. More like, you kill them and we pay you for the number that you kill.

The animals are retrieved and used for meat. So, nothing is wasted.

This is now being encouraged to reduce property damage. I wouldn't put it under the "hunting"" category. More like, you kill them and we pay you for the number that you kill.

The animals are retrieved and used for meat. So, nothing is wasted.

There are hunters that would pay them to go their and hunt their land the right way. That is not hunting and if you do this don't put it on youtube!

There are hunters that would pay them to go their and hunt their land the right way. That is not hunting and if you do this don't put it on youtube!

You are 100% right. I would pay to go there and hunt. I think for the farmers it is simply faster to pay hired guns to perform these mass killings than it is to take a more conventional route.

As anyone who has lived in rural Texas will tell you, those things are a scourge upon the earth. It's economic survival for the farmers. Feral hogs can destroy huge sections of cropland in just hours.It is extermination, not sport. Just like we exterminate rats in Southie

This is exactly right.. What they are doing is not "hunting" the way the typical person would harvest an animal. If the most effective way to go about ridding farm land of these hogs is a helicopter and an AR, then more power too em.

You can't get upset about this if you view it from News Shooters Perspective. Thats for PETA to cry about.

Wow... the damage the 5.56 round does to those pigs is pretty impressive. I didn't expect it.

And I'm pretty sure they shot a cow at 2.21 into it [wink]

The plains of Texas can be incredibly cold in the winter. The wind is a killer. It goes right through you.

As a side note, I was on the Executive Board of the Austin BSA. Every spring we would got out to the ranch and kill as many of the bastards as we could before the boys started arriving for camp. They are not only destructive, they are dangerous.

The meat would up going to food banks.

That looks like a blast!

I don't think this reflects poorly on hunters. Anyone who has seen the destructive capabilities of these invasive animals knows there is no bad way to kill them. Not to mention you can't kill enough of them, no matter what tactics are employed, there numbers and range increase across the country annually.

They used to hunt the pigs with dogs. The pigs would stand their ground, and it gave you time to find them and shoot them. Unfortunately, due to selective attrition, those pigs are gone! THe pigs that are left are a lot more skittish, and run away from the dogs. Hence, it is very hard to find them and shoot them. May not be sporting, but if they can get them with choppers, that is what they have to do.

I bet it doesnt take long to get the population back in check once more people start doing this. Normaly you get one and have to go looking for the rest. This way you pretty much get the whole group all at once. Im curious to see how this works out.

Back
Top Bottom