• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just utterly sad. Many law abiding citizens woke up yesterday morning to find out they were in fact felons. Will our protest have media coverage like BLM. Maybe we should just block traffic on 90 or 95

lol

13667801_1073802212669535_5726059480513605463_o.jpg

Also it should be crystal clear that "preban" no longer exists unless you personally owned the firearm before the AWB and can prove it. If you bought it after, its illegal according to her period.

Really?

Full disclosure: I haven't had the stomach to read her actual directive. Some day I will, but I'm not there yet.

Based on the wording would this new enforcement restrict the ability to legally ship a firearm out-of-state via a FFL? I'm asking because I'm considering shipping mine to my girlfriend in Arizona where she can legally own and possess it, before I head out there next year away from this $(#%astic state.

This is just utterly sad. Many law abiding citizens woke up yesterday morning to find out they were in fact felons. Will our protest have media coverage like BLM. Maybe we should just block traffic on 90 or 95

you are not BLM, not a protected class. Leadership will be swiftly dealt with (easy us being felons) the rest will keep silent and disorganized.

why hasnt a lawsuit been immediately filed to prevent her from doing this? An 'immediate stay' I beleive is what you would seek which would allow things to carry on as usual until the lawsuit was heard.

NRA has responded (not sifting this thread to see if its been posted):

Yesterday, Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey announced that she wants to further restrict the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Massachusetts citizens by arbitrarily changing the way her office enforces the state’s existing “assault weapons” ban. Massachusetts state law currently prohibits the possession of “assault weapons” and large capacity feeding devices (defined as devices capable of holding certain amounts of ammunition) and “copies or duplicates of the weapons.” This law mirrors the federal “assault weapons” ban that expired in 2004.

Attorney General Healey claims that gun manufacturers across the state have been selling firearms to citizens that they claim are compliant with the law, but that she says would be considered “copies or duplicates” of the “assault weapons” prohibited for possession under Massachusetts law.

By doing so, Attorney General Healey has over stepped her boundaries as Attorney General and created a new definition outside of the statute that currently regulates so-called “assault weapons” in Massachusetts. This new definition could lead to a total ban of all semi-automatic firearms in the state.

Your NRA-ILA will be working tirelessly to protect the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners in Massachusetts by looking into the legal options available to fight this egregious attack. Please stay tuned to your email inbox and www.nraila.org for further updates on this issue.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...l-healey-attacks-your-second-amendment-rights

So I guess this means that if you own one now, you are ok but no more buying them in Mass? I mean for god sakes my friggin turkey and duck shotguns are semiautomatic, how the FCK are those in violation?

The notice makes clear that the guidance will not be enforced against gun owners who bought or sold these weapons prior to July 20, 2016.

Just left a message with Charlie Bakers aid "Bob".
Told him this was a blatant abuse of power, that she just make a felon out of thousands of law abiding MA residents, and that I expect him to take a stand against this tyranny.

And "Bob" sits there sipping his latte' thinking "be gone peasant!"....click.

you are not BLM, not a protected class. Leadership will be swiftly dealt with (easy us being felons) the rest will keep silent and disorganized.

I would love to see a black gun owner in MA start raising hell about all of this from a racial/BLM standpoint.

Called my senator and rep to voice my displeasure,called Baker's office and they said the AG is interpeting the law correctly.
OFCOURSE they said that, don't expect any one of them to think any different, truth is most of them probably never gave it a second thought and fake applauded her for this groundbreaking BS just to play the role. Trust me they don't give a shit what anyone of us say or think nor do they give a rats ass about GOAL, NRA or the 2A. Their agenda has been met and going forward they will try to push harder for more stupid restrictions until they outlaw freaking knives. It's a joke and a very bad situation, I truly feel terrible for my fellow gun brothers in MASS, I been telling co workers for months on end to get their AR that they been " Thinking" about getting, now it's too late for them and they are pissed off at themselves for not listening to me.

I've been saying this all morning. If a protest don't cause pain, no one gives a **** about it. Cops are afriad/worried now, but crooked politicians are still sipping wine.

From the Herald today...

According to FBI statistics, rifles of any variety were used in just two of the Bay State’s 779 murders in the past five years, which were mainly carried out with handguns. In that same period, hands and feet were cited as the murder weapon 35 times.

Maybe we should flood the politicians office with phone calls about Reebok and Nike and their assault sneakers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I guess this means that if you own one now, you are ok but no more buying them in Mass? I mean for god sakes my friggin turkey and duck shotguns are semiautomatic, how the FCK are those in violation?

The notice makes clear that the guidance will not be enforced against gun owners who bought or sold these weapons prior to July 20, 2016.

no, it makes VERY clear that she will not pursue charges TODAY.
but if she feels like it tomorrow, then **** you, get in the prison...

NRA caught wind...

[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Message body

ila_logo.jpg
Massachusetts: Attorney General Healey Attacks Your Second Amendment Rights!
remote.axd
Yesterday, Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey announced that she wants to further restrict the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Massachusetts citizens by arbitrarily changing the way her office enforces the state’s existing “assault weapons” ban. Massachusetts state law currently prohibits the possession of “assault weapons” and large capacity feeding devices (defined as devices capable of holding certain amounts of ammunition) and “copies or duplicates of the weapons.” This law mirrors the federal “assault weapons” ban that expired in 2004.
Attorney General Healey claims that gun manufacturers across the state have been selling firearms to citizens that they claim are compliant with the law, but that she says would be considered “copies or duplicates” of the “assault weapons” prohibited for possession under Massachusetts law.
By doing so, Attorney General Healey has over stepped her boundaries as Attorney General and created a new definition outside of the statute that currently regulates so-called “assault weapons” in Massachusetts. This new definition could lead to a total ban of all semi-automatic firearms in the state.
Your NRA-ILA will be working tirelessly to protect the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners in Massachusetts by looking into the legal options available to fight this egregious attack. Please stay tuned to your email inbox and www.nraila.org for further updates on this issue.​

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

i think the answer will be: riiiiight: whats a form 1?
An interesting scenario presented by the NFA regs is that it is possible for someone to have a gun they have fully paid for in state, but cannot take possession of for a number of months after the Healyban.

From the Herald today...

According to FBI statistics, rifles of any variety were used in just two of the Bay State’s 779 murders in the past five years, which were mainly carried out with handguns. In that same period, hands and feet were cited as the murder weapon 35 times.

Maybe we should flood the politicians office with phone calls about Reebok and Nike and their assault sneakers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we need to sight nothing, logical arguments will win nothing. Baker should resign, Mora should resign.

no, it makes VERY clear that she will not pursue charges TODAY.
but if she feels like it tomorrow, then **** you, get in the prison...

Yup. Don't worry. Once she's sure this isn't going to be overturned, she'll take it as a green light to go further.

- - - Updated - - -

its going to be cheaper to buy a machinegun soon

I don't believe you're going to be able to buy MGs or Prebans any more. She considers any transfer after the ban illegal.

If you seriously think she just banned all ARs, AKs, etc, but it still going to let you buy a MG, YOU ARE DELUSIONAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom