• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I contacted AWR Hawkins at Breitbart about this. He hasn't replied or written anything that I have seen yet.

I sent that dude at least 3 emails with links and everything yesterday and nothing. Crickets. Every right wing outlet is too busy with the Convention right now.

You think that this is something that the Repubs and Trump can point to and say "See, they ARE coming for your guns"!!

Not necessarily good to go. From the guidance doc:

"A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate if its internal functional components are substantially similar in construction and configuration to those of an Enumerated Weapon. Under this test, a weapon is a Copy or Duplicate, for example, if the operating system and firing mechanism of the weapon are based on or otherwise substantially similar to one of the Enumerated Weapons.

So it would appear to depend on what "substantially similar" means to the gun grabbers who hate you and don't want to you own guns.

That means every single semi-automatic rifle is now banned for sale or am I missing something.

So it's time to upgrade all my ar's and ak's with all the fun stuff because it's all illegal now anyways? As Hillary would say, What difference does it make now?

Did I understand that correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen guys from mass with free state AR's at the range, not caring they have a scary flash hider or adjustable stock. Do it up I say, they are all good now from what it seems.

NH is only few generations away from becoming full retard MA. Our moonbats are moving, soon, they'll have majority with FSA on their side. Don't abandon us comrades, we bleed for all of us. MA today, NH tomorrow.

Also, bigger implications: anyone who bought semiauto during Fed ban ... is also a felon, that includes you NH mother****ers. If Mora gets a pass, it will happen nationally.

So it's time to upgrade all my ar's and ak's with all the fun stuff because it's all illegal now anyways? As Hillary would say, What difference does it make now?

Did I understand that correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is actually an interesting question that I haven't seen answered here (although I must admit I am working and can't read every single thread)

Does this mean flash hiders, bayonet lugs, etc. are now legal?

Man baker needs to come out and say something, it's getting ridiculous at this point. If he's in favor i'm going to lose it, prepping myself because I know he's going to fold like a pretzel. RHINO dbag

Do you disagree that all you guys becoming neighbors with us up here would solidify a great base of liberty minded pro 2a supporters? I'm not saying this to piss you guys off, just saying that it's an option for some.
We have plenty to worry about up here, but it's not game over yet. We need strong patriots willing to relocate and help out on the front.
Mass needs surrounding neighbors like you to help us also in this fight. Mass folks have plenty to worry about on our turf also.

Instead of packing up at least try to fight. We need strong patriots willing to stand up for our rights in Mass.

I know someday you guys in NH will be in the same boat. Your fellow neighbors in surrounding states will lend you a hand in the fight.

That is actually an interesting question that I haven't seen answered here (although I must admit I am working and can't read every single thread)

Who the **** knows.

Yes, they are legal except they have to be attached to an illegal firearm.

No. But she's saying your rifle is illegal already, so who the **** cares if you put a FH or collapsible stock now? NOBODY, because with or without it the gun is illegal.

Man baker needs to come out and say something, it's getting ridiculous at this point. If he's in favor i'm going to lose it, prepping myself because I know he's going to fold like a pretzel. RHINO dbag

This was in a new globe article this morning. "“Governor Baker supports the Commonwealth’s assault weapons ban, believes our comprehensive state gun laws work well in protecting the people of Massachusetts, and believes that the attorney general has the authority to enforce the law to crack down on the sale of guns that skirt the assault weapons ban,” said Billy Pitman, the governor’s press secretary."

In dissent on Monday, Justice Clarence Thomas, joined by Justice Antonin Scalia, accused the court of abdicating its responsibility to enforce the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. (Justice Scalia wrote the majority opinion in the Heller case, which was decided by a 5 to 4 vote.)

“Roughly five million Americans own AR-style semiautomatic rifles,” Justice Thomas wrote, referring, he said, to “modern sporting rifles.”

" in common use "

I don't see how this " ban " would stand as Constitutional considering that. She's directly infringing on people's Second Amendment rights. It will be years before they sort this out so we have to suffer in the mean time.

And handguns, too.

sadly, only a matter of time. it's time to move, or at least have a few toys buried or secured out of state. I thought I heard in Healy's press conference that current owners of AR/AKs aren't in violation of this new edict by the dear leader. and no, again sadly, don't count on Baker for help.

Like I said. Call and ask. You're not going to like the answer.

Again, the "illegal" guns are loophole guns (post '94 modified for MA compliance). Pre-94 rifles (assembled before the ban in AW configure etc) have nothing to do with this loophole and are a separate issue. This maybe addressed later, but for now, they aren't affected.

Personally, I'm becoming more concerned about semi handguns as it seems likely they are now illegal too :(

That means every single semi-automatic rifle is now banned for sale or am I missing something.

yea and handguns
A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate and is therefore a prohibited Assault weapon if it meets one or both of the following tests and is 1) a semiautomatic rifle or handgun that was manufactured or subsequently configured with an ability to accept a detachable magazine,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom