Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to watch that press conference even though it made me sick.

The best was the head of the Chiefs of Police Association he was delayed on his last purchase and his FFL did the right thing even though he knew him and who he was. Still got the cop discount though.

Well he can still go buy a gun tomorrow and be delayed again, we can't. Touchhole.

His association calls looking for donations tell them to pound sand for supporting a tyrant Attorney General.

Hit them in the wallet and with votes it's the only thing they understand.

How many left their paying jobs today to go buy/try to buy one of these maligned rifles?

4 at my place of work. All scored!

I'm not so sure about that either. Yes the guidance does talk about transferring rifles owned prior to today, but it doesn't say to whom said transfers would be considered legal. In fact the only talk about transfers in the guidance involves turning them into a "buy back" or selling out of state.

So yeah, you can transfer them....to the MA State Police for subsequent destruction or to an out of state dealer who probably won't pay much for a used pin and welded rifle with a fixed stock. After today does anyone really think that's such a huge logical leap?

In any case I don't think it's clear just how F-ed we are at this point, only that it's going to hurt.

Anything could happen after today. I'm still in shock

Where can I find a link to her press conference?

please please please, can anyone help?

I am trying to find the complete press conference with Q&A. Periscope only got the conference with special victim bullshit, not what came after wards.

the reason it's important is that she explicitly said that all gun owners were retroactively felons if they simply possessed said rifles. Her press release bullshit doesn't go that far.

is a rifle purchased today transferable via private sale? Or is it too soon to know what the specifics are?

Is today "prior to July 20, 2016?" (No, it's not.)

Application of this Enforcement Notice (individual gun owners):

The Guidance will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer of an Assault weapon obtained prior to July 20, 2016.

The AGO reserves the right to alter or amend this guidance.

I am trying to find the complete press conference with Q&A. Periscope only got the conference with special victim bullshit, not what came after wards.

the reason it's important is that she explicitly said that all gun owners were retroactively felons if they simply possessed said rifles. Her press release bullshit doesn't go that far.

Would the written guidance distributed by her office trump that?

Well we ARE ****ed.

Not because of the possibility for this, the likelihood of that or the nuisance of complying with the other thing, but because HER illegal, overreaching actions make it quite unlikely that you will be ABLE to (should you want to) purchase an AR platform rifle tomorrow.

Never mind the dealers throughout the state that now have to eat 10's of thousand$ if they're unable to return or unload neutered rifles though out of state sales.

IMHO the fat lady hasn't sung yet on this ordeal, and yes, even just going through an interval of bullshit is painful to all involved, I don't dispute that this bullshit has caused irreparable harm- that even if she gets throat punched by the courts or legislature, that relief will not come fast enough, and people will not be compensated for the harm experienced. My comments were mostly about the existing base of semiauto rifle owners in MA.

-Mike

Is today "prior to July 20, 2016?" (No, it's not.)

Application of this Enforcement Notice (individual gun owners):

The Guidance will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer of an Assault weapon obtained prior to July 20, 2016.

The AGO reserves the right to alter or amend this guidance.

Good point but I'm confused over why gun stores have until end of day today to make legal sales?

Yeah, I'm looking for the Full Presser too. If found I will post it.

Exactly. You can buy a rifle out of state and bring it home. Come down here and I can sell you all my ARs. Without so much as a bill of sale, since it is not required by SC law. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure you can own/possess that item in you home state, not mine. There is really nothing to stop people from buying from a private party out of state and bringing it back with them. Sure you're "required" to fa10 it within a week or however many days it is. But that's your problem/choice. No skin off the sellers back.

Even the force of 10,000 suns imploding at the same time could not contain the vast amounts of derp in your post,congratulations !!!

The letter sent out clearly states those of us who already own one are fine.

Would the written guidance distributed by her office trump that?

who the **** knows, seriously, she said that MGL were basically misinterpreted so anything can be misinterpreted. I'm pretty positive that everyone I know is a felon many times over though.

HOME ADDRESS

Maura Healey
40 Winthrop Street
Charlestown, MA 02129

I am going to try to get to Boston tomorrow for 5PM - but we can get another date and time to make nuisances of ourselves.

uh no. Big difference between "being fine" and what the AG said in her letter.

It says that possession is a crime and that the AG is exercising "discretion" right now to not prosecute people who already own them. Immediately afterwards the final line says that the AG can modify the contents of the decision whenever she wants.

read between the lines and tell me what that means.

again, read first comments posted as we watched this shit show this morning. She clearly, in no uncertain terms said that we are felons by she is not going after us "at this time"

Good point but I'm confused over why gun stores have until end of day today to make legal sales?

My opinion? It's a great way to trap a whole bunch of people in a technicality.

Or maybe it was just an inadvertent oversight....

Someone want to help me dig up the bones of Revere, Dawes, Prescott, Warren, Adams, Whittemore and drag them across state lines. They shouldn't have to tolerate this State anymore..

You won't be able to get your hands on them, they're spinning too fast.

Well, I didn't get to reading all 1937 (1954 now) posts since this morning (that's a ton for less than a day, holy crap!), but reading her letter, it is clear. She is a Tyrant. Straight up. I'm not sure how else to describe what he is saying she has the authority to do.

How else do you explain the position that her emotional agenda driven "directive" which she claims is to "enforce state law" will only become effective Wednesday (today)?

Since when does she get to decide on the date in which a law becomes effective? The answer, of course, is she doesn't, and has no legal authority to do so. But she is doing so anyways, ergo, she's a tyrant.

This. Not only is she a tyrant but the more I think about this incident, the more it seems like it is some kind of cooked up political stunt by antis- and that she was put up to this; because thinking logically, she could attempt to do this, and even if it ends up being a completely failure, is she going to take any political fallout or otherwise for it? no.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom