• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can one buy a lower if they intend to make it a bolt action?

8446060293_6bdeaaec39_z.jpg

I asked before but is this a blanket semi auto ban now? No more preban rifles or other semi autos such as the M1 Carbine, SKS, M14 and Garands?
Does it share a fire control component? I'm not certain if a pin or spring would qualify as a component.
Does it operate in a similar manner? AR is made in both direct impingement and piston so unless it's bolt action it might be expensive to prove otherwise.

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

It is my understanding that comm2a said in an early post that, strictly speaking, Maura Healy's interpretation bans all semiautos.

http://www.mass.gov/ago/public-safety/assault-weapons-guidance.pdf

the term assault weapon shall not include:(i) any of the weapons, or replicas or duplicates of such weapons, specified inappendix A to 18 U.S.C. section 922 as appearing in such appendix on September 13, 1994, as such weapons were manufactured on October 1,1993;(ii) any weapon that is operated by manual bolt, pump, lever or slide action;(iii) any weapon that has been rendered permanently inoperable or otherwiserendered permanently unable to be designated a semiautomatic assaultweapon;(iv) any weapon that was manufactured prior to the year 1899;(v) any weapon that is an antique or relic, theatrical prop or other weapon thatis not capable of firing a projectile and which is not intended for use as afunctional weapon and cannot be readily modified through a combinationof available parts into an operable assault weapon;(vi) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine thatholds more than five rounds of ammunition; or(vii) any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than five rounds ofammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine

I'm going to have to say, you're a ****ing retard.
Why are you messing with a guy who legit takes care of his customers, and doesn't want to lose a job that feeds his family. Yes he probably he a decent amount of cash, but he also doesn't price gouge us. (Boston paintball)

Please don't show up to any hearings or protest. You're gonna be that trailer trash guy that ****s it over for us all.

Yeah that guy was the keyboard commando but would be doing the same thing if it was his business

Sent from behind enemy lines using carrier pigeons

http://www.mass.gov/ago/public-safety/assault-weapons-guidance.pdf

the term assault weapon shall not include:(i) any of the weapons, or replicas or duplicates of such weapons, specified inappendix A to 18 U.S.C. section 922 as appearing in such appendix on12September 13, 1994, as such weapons were manufactured on October 1,1993;(ii) any weapon that is operated by manual bolt, pump, lever or slide action;(iii) any weapon that has been rendered permanently inoperable or otherwiserendered permanently unable to be designated a semiautomatic assaultweapon;(iv) any weapon that was manufactured prior to the year 1899;(v) any weapon that is an antique or relic, theatrical prop or other weapon thatis not capable of firing a projectile and which is not intended for use as afunctional weapon and cannot be readily modified through a combinationof available parts into an operable assault weapon;(vi) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine thatholds more than five rounds of ammunition; or(vii) any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than five rounds ofammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine

blah blah blah ... dude, we had same bullshit for 18 years and it turns out that we are retroactively felons all these years, we just didn't know.

This is bigger than moving out of state at this point.
If you ever purchased or owned one of the "banned rifles" in MA since 1998, you are now a felon by the new AG interpretation. You can't escape that simply by leaving MA

That is unfortunate if it turns out the be the case.

I am thankful I sold every MA firearm I had before I made the move and bought all new in TX. I doubt they will have the bandwidth to pursue...for me or anyone else for that matter.

... The only way this would become less than a Tinfoiler phantasm it currently is if the legislature decides to completely **** gun owners and fund a bill that demands confiscation or something like that. This AG stuff is an annoyance; but if the legislature voted for this we would be genuinely ****ed.

Well we ARE ****ed.

Not because of the possibility for this, the likelihood of that or the nuisance of complying with the other thing, but because HER illegal, overreaching actions make it quite unlikely that you will be ABLE to (should you want to) purchase an AR platform rifle tomorrow.

Never mind the dealers throughout the state that now have to eat 10's of thousand$ if they're unable to return or unload neutered rifles though out of state sales.

I must be missing something. Where in the description of Attorney General does it state that laws can be created on a whim and attack our 2nd amendment rights?

The Massachusetts Attorney General is an elected constitutionally defined executive officer of the Massachusetts Government. The officeholder is the chief lawyer and law enforcement officer of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The officeholder also acts as an advocate and resource for the Commonwealth and its residents in many areas, including consumer protection, combating fraud and corruption, protecting civil rights, and promoting meaningful economic recovery.

Even if we fight this and win.
Even if the Governor cans her.

AR prices won't ever be the same for a LONG time.

[angry2][angry2][angry2]

I'll bet anything AR prices are jumping in surrounding states already.

No - but as I read the enforcement letter, I take it to read that if someone in MA owns an AR before today, they should be able to transfer it to you FTF without a violation (YMMV)

I'm not so sure about that either. Yes the guidance does talk about transferring rifles owned prior to today, but it doesn't say to whom said transfers would be considered legal. In fact the only talk about transfers in the guidance involves turning them into a "buy back" or selling out of state.

So yeah, you can transfer them....to the MA State Police for subsequent destruction or to an out of state dealer who probably won't pay much for a used pin and welded rifle with a fixed stock. After today does anyone really think that's such a huge logical leap?

In any case I don't think it's clear just how F-ed we are at this point, only that it's going to hurt.

How does this work relative to the governors office? Is this something that Baker has been aware of? Just curious.

You bet your ass. I bet there is a circle jerk with the butcher (Moulton), the Baker, and the candlestick maker (Linsky).

WTS: World's loudest whistle

Live in MA? Guns R BAD! Use this whistle instead! Also try peeing yourself!

storm-safety-whistle-2.jpg

Note: Large Capcity LTW (License to Whistle) required.

Someone want to help me dig up the bones of Revere, Dawes, Prescott, Warren, Adams, Whittemore and drag them across state lines. They shouldn't have to tolerate this State anymore...

don-troiani-minutemen.png

Last edited:
If you want to take it the range, register it. If you don't want it confiscated, then........

Then you have already lost.

If you register ANYTHING in this state - you are open to future interpretations and an AG who will no longer use 'prosecutorial discretion'. Follow Federal - NICS and done.

BUY AMMO - wait until she gets ahold of the EPA lead deal.

Well we ARE ****ed.

Never mind the dealers throughout the state that now have to eat 10's of thousand$ if they're unable to return or unload neutered rifles though out of state sales.

Basically, this **** highhandedly in 30 min has caused ... I'd say over 6 figures losses for all gun shops in this state, untold pain and mental anguish to every lawful citizen here. This bitch needs to be tarred, feathered and just kicked the **** out without any possibility to hold any office in the rest of her shitty life. That would be an ideal scenario, however, it won't happen as long as patients are running the asylum.

How did we get here? Rational people thought that patients were equal to them in their mental capacity and gave up control, gave up this country.

Basically, this **** highhandedly in 30 min has caused ... I'd say over 6 figures losses for all gun shops in this state, untold pain and mental anguish to every lawful citizen here. This bitch needs to be tarred, feathered and just kicked the **** out without any possibility to hold any office in the rest of her shitty life. That would be an ideal scenario, however, it won't happen as long as patients are running the asylum.

How did we get here? Rational people thought that patients were equal to them in their mental capacity and gave up control, gave up this country.

Tar and feathering can be fatal.

Not saying that's a bad thing.

Well, I didn't get to reading all 1937 (1954 now) posts since this morning (that's a ton for less than a day, holy crap!), but reading her letter, it is clear. She is a Tyrant. Straight up. I'm not sure how else to describe what he is saying she has the authority to do.

How else do you explain the position that her emotional agenda driven "directive" which she claims is to "enforce state law" will only become effective Wednesday (today)?

Since when does she get to decide on the date in which a law becomes effective? The answer, of course, is she doesn't, and has no legal authority to do so. But she is doing so anyways, ergo, she's a tyrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom