Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. The Glocks are not new to the roster. They've been on it a while - at least since the 2010 version I've got archived. Like W.E.C. says, it's the secret "other" list (the one where dealers find out only in the negative) that doesn't let dealers sell Glocks to mere peons.
Ok, let's read ALL of the approved roster wording.
the queens super seceret list paragraph is STILL IN THERE .
So no glocks, it's for your saftey, the AG doesn't care about police saftey.she allows them to carry unsafe pistols. If a cop does an n.d

,I see a lawsuit against glock and the AG , it's the guns fault.
but I digress, the wording is here

Massachusetts licensed firearms dealers should note that the transfers of handguns are alsosubject to the Attorney General’s Handgun Sales Regulations, 940 CMR 16.00, et seq. Firearmson this Approved Firearms Roster do not necessarily comply with the requirements of theAttorney General’s Handgun Sales Regulations. Information about those regulations, as well asthe Enforcement Notice may be obtained from the Office of the Attorney General and may beaccessed on the website of the Attorney General (www.ago.state.ma.us).”

Right. The Glocks are not new to the roster. They've been on it a while - at least since the 2010 version I've got archived. Like W.E.C. says, it's the secret "other" list (the one where dealers find out only in the negative) that doesn't let dealers sell Glocks to mere peons.
I don't see any leftist Dem AG ever giving up the secret list. It's too powerful a tool of control and intimidation against us peasants.

I don't see any leftist Dem AG ever giving up the secret list. It's too powerful a tool of control and intimidation against us peasants.

You're missing the core concept of the regulation: it's criteria, not a list. If Jim Wallace became AG tomorrow, he would be unable to tell us what's on this list that has never existed.

You're missing the core concept of the regulation: it's criteria, not a list. If Jim Wallace became AG tomorrow, he would be unable to tell us what's on this list that has never existed.
Oh, we all know it's a criteria (as you put it) and not an actual "double top secret" list, printed in invisible ink, that she keeps in her top center combination-locked fancy underwear drawer.

But you don't think that Jim Wallace could do a better job of letting us know which guns on the EOPSS list he/she likes or doesn't like? [thinking] Please give Jim Wallace more credit than that! [laugh]

"Any handgun on the current version of the state’s Approved Firearms Roster" Freedom has died in this state

What's stopping them from having a truck/car state approved list.

I'll one up you: what's to stop the AG from requiring that all cars (on the list) have an "effective collision avoidance system" or an "effective injury mitigation system" in place in order to be sold?

Two things - the car industry has more money to fight it, and it would negatively impact more consumers. Because on its face, it's no different than the way the current regime regulates firearms.

Just heard from a dealer who transferred a preban Colt AR15 6 days ago. The AG's office called him asking for verification that the gun was indeed preban.

They are watching and waiting to bust someone.

Just heard from a dealer who transferred a preban Colt AR15 6 days ago. The AG's office called him asking for verification that the gun was indeed preban.

They have the serial number.

Should have told them to call Colt or check online for verification.

Wow. I thought police investigated crimes and made arrests...I guess not anymore. AGO is one stop shopping! So in these cases, what's the correct response? Refer the AG to your lawyer? I don't see how direct cooperation is constructive if you're doing something legal, I'd make them waste their time. This is harassment.

That's cute that CJIS is allowing the AG seemingly unfettered access to their system.

It used to be they would tell the AG's office to go screw, and that the AG's office had to have very specific requests WRT data from MIRCS/EFA10. Apparently someone relented and gave them carte blanche
access... that gives me the warm fuzzies. [rolleyes] I wonder if CJIS is giving them this data with the buyer info redacted, or wholly intact?

-Mike

Last edited:
Wow. I thought police investigated crimes and made arrests...I guess not anymore. AGO is one stop shopping! So in these cases, what's the correct response? Refer the AG to your lawyer? I don't see how direct cooperation is constructive if you're doing something legal, I'd make them waste their time. This is harassment.

Lawyer up, do NOT talk to their office for any reason.

I will leave this here as well just to show how incompetent the AGO is:

[h=1].22 caliber[/h]From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 5.6 mm caliber or .22 caliber, is a small, extremely common size of ammunition, fitted to firearms with a bore diameter of 5.6 mm (0.22 in). It is the most common bore for rimfire ammunition.
5.6 mm caliber rimfire variations include:

• .22 Long Rifle (LR), the most common cartridge type of this caliber, often referred to simply as ".22 caliber"
  • .22 BB (Bulleted Breech Cap)
  • .22 CB (Conical Ball Cap)
  • .22 CB cap, an American rimfire cartridge
  • .22 Long, same length, but lighter bullet than .22 LR
  • .22 Extra Long, an American rimfire rifle and handgun cartridge
  • .22 Short, used mostly in pocket pistols and mini-revolvers
  • .22 Winchester Rimfire, an American rimfire rifle cartridge
  • .22 WMR, (Winchester Magnum Rimfire) a cartridge that is longer and more powerful than a .22 LR
  • .22 Winchester Automatic, an American rimfire rifle cartridge
5.6 mm centerfire cartridges include:

• 5.56×45mm NATO, an intermediate cartridge widely used in modern sporting rifles
  • .22 Accelerator, a special loading of the .30-30, .308, and .30-06 cartridges that is manufactured by Remington
  • .22 Eargesplitten Loudenboomer, a cartridge for a rifle
  • .22 Hornet, a powerful variation, also known as 5.6×35R mm 5.728mm
  • .22 Remington Jet, an American centerfire revolver and rifle cartridge
  • .22 BR Remington, a wildcat cartridge commonly used in varmint hunting and benchrest shooting
  • .22 Savage HP, aka 5.6×52R, .22 Savage Hi-power, .22 Imp, a cartridge similar to the 22 Hornet introduced by Savage in 1912
  • .22 Spitfire, an American rifle cartridge
  • .22 PPC, a firearm cartridge used primarily in benchrest shooting
  • .22 TCM (AKA .22 Micro-Mag), a 9mm diameter case necked to a .22 caliber bullet and designed to load into standard 9mm magazines; currently proprietary of Rock Island Armory and accommodating of that companies pistols and carbines also sold with 9mm barrel swap kits.

Unreal. Does an FFL have an obligation to furnish such information to the AG's office?

Why bother calling? The answer will likely be vague and more contradictory, you know, lawyer speak.

I will leave this here as well just to show how incompetent the AGO is:

.22 caliber

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spot on of course, but I'd rather not educate these village idiots at the AG's office, I'd rather watch them hump a door knob. Prepare for another webpage legislative revision!

One would guess they could have figured out it was a pre-ban fairly easily if they wanted to but maybe I give the AG's office scum too much credit.

Sounds to me more like another dealer fear & intimidation effort designed to get the word out that the Queen is watching. [thinking]

At least that answers the question positively that transfer of prebans is not affected.

They have already passed on prosecuting two individuals. She must be looking for a shop to make an example.

Bob

That's cute that CJIS is allowing the AG seemingly unfettered access to their system.

It used to be they would tell the AG's office to go screw, and that the AG's office had to have very specific requests WRT data from MIRCS/EFA10. Apparently someone relented and gave them carte blanche
access... that gives me the warm fuzzies. [rolleyes] I wonder if CJIS is giving them this data with the buyer info redacted, or wholly intact?

-Mike
I have reasons to believe this is a shop covering their ass... If you work your brain noodle you'll probably guess quickly where it was.

I have reasons to believe this is a shop covering their ass... If you work your brain noodle you'll probably guess quickly where it was.

So another words you think this shop lied to Mike about this?

If it was "The Rat" I don't think that Mike would have posted that without a disclaimer. There are a few others I can imagine doing this, but I'm not going to make WAGs.

-Mike

-Mike

Just spoke to Michaela about this, she confirmed that the AG's office has authority to view unedited MIRCS records as they are a LE agency of the Commonwealth.

Unless there's a subpoena I'd say no.

This is the correct response. Just be aware that ANYONE can write a Subpoena. It is up to the person served to contest it in front of a judge ($$).

Per MGL, Constables can write Subpoenas and I've been requested to do so a few times. As a matter of principle, I refuse to do them as I consider them "practicing law" and I don't have a license to do that, so let the lawyers write their own Subpoenas. Given that, the AG's office is rife with lawyers so they indeed can issue them for a witch-hunt. I'm sure if challenged in court, the judges would side with the AG even if no evidence of a possible crime was presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom