Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in a nutshell...

One misguided politician here (our Attorney General) has just said that for the last 18 years all of law enforcement, the legislature, the court system (1000s of legal & political professionals) have been doing it wrong. Further, as the Massachusetts law is based on and directly references a US Federal law of 1994, this individual has stated that the entire United States of America did it wrong from 1994 to 2004. That'd be 10s if not 100s of 1000s of law enforcement, legal and political professionals (including a lot of Judges) that this one person is saying have not been doing it right for over 20 years at this point.

Does that about sum it up?

Yes. The legality of copy cats under MA law (which is the same as the old fed AWB), is well established and vetted by the ATF.

Yes. The legality of copy cats under MA law (which is the same as the old fed AWB), is well established and vetted by the ATF.

Sometimes re-stating the obvious in the simplest of terms is helpful when presenting an argument or rebuttal to our legislators.

Pass it on.

It's funny, I bought a car last Tuesday and I was thinking of selling my AR and M1A "'cause I can always buy more guns" to pay for it. Glad I didn't.

I notice this morning the national news is touting new polls claiming increasing support for gun control specific to ARs. It's obvious the DNC pimps are telling their pressitutes to ramp up turning tricks. Watch Healey show up at the national convention.

Laws are not made from poll results. Dopes.

eta:we are a nation of established laws.
not passing fads, trends, or polls that change with the tide.

Last edited:
Mitt extended the 98 ban past the Federal sunset in 2004.

The 1998 law didn't have a sunset but Mitt & co. Passed an extension to forestall moonbats going into pant shitting hysterics over the slightest possibility that it would leave the MA AWB vulnerable....

It's funny, I bought a car last Tuesday and I was thinking of selling my AR and M1A "'cause I can always buy more guns" to pay for it. Glad I didn't.

If anything, we should be getting our hands on what we want while its still available to do so. This stunt that MH pulled the other day. Talk about getting blindsided.

This should go without saying, but give those reps supporting us a pat on the back. Especially the dems, as they are really making themselves a pariah in their party in standing by what is right. And we need them behind us arguably more given how the numbers hash out.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/07/senator_don_humason_files_bill.html[FONT=&amp]

Humason's office provided a copy of the language in his bill:[/FONT]
SECTION 1. Section 2 of Chapter 93A of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2008 Official Edition, is hereby amended by inserting, in line 11, after the word "chapter" the following words: provided that such rules and regulations shall not govern, limit, or otherwise relate to weapons as defined in Section 121 of Chapter 140, the manufacture of weapons or the sale of weapons. Further, that any such rule or regulations having previously being promulgated are hereby repealed."

Looks like he's submitted legislation to remove AG firearm sales authority. Wonder how far this will go.

We NES folks see this as a pure gun and rights issue. the legislature may see it as a power issue. If they view it as the AG usurping power from them, then this might just get some steam.

this is a slippery slope for the legislature as well. if AG Healey can just "re-interpret" laws such that she is essentially rewriting them, then she could do the same in many other areas, not just firearms and 2A areas. The legislature may not so much care for that approach.

it all gets back to "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". but if the legislature does put some effort behind removing power from the AG, I would not interpret that as them being pro-2A

We see this as a gun issue. the legislature may see it as a power issue. If they view it as the AG usurping power from them, then this might just get some steam.

Exactly, and I think this is the angle we all need to take when fighting this. Don't make it about firearms, make it about absolute overreach of authority and bypassing legislative process.

i've been in this thread since the start, and while i suppose it's possible that i glanced over a few posts too quickly, i don't recall anyone mentioning that there may be a LOT more to what happened this week.

i believe this may very well be an active attempt to purge the voter rolls in Massachusetts and be a test case for a national culling of the anti-liberal voting block.

felon = loss of voting rights...

i've been in this thread since the start, and while i suppose it's possible that i glanced over a few posts too quickly, i don't recall anyone mentioning that there may be a LOT more to what happened this week.

i believe this may very well be an active attempt to purge the voter rolls in Massachusetts and be a test case for a national culling of the anti-liberal voting block.

felon = loss of voting rights...
Have to prosecute to make that happen. That would take a whole lot of dollars.

Exactly, and I think this is the angle we all need to take when fighting this. Don't make it about firearms, make it about absolute overreach of authority and bypassing legislative process.

Hit the Democrats where it hurts... play the angle that women who had abortions could be brought up on charges years after the fact by a rouge AG who redefines what murder is. That will certainly make some buttholes pucker.

We NES folks see this as a pure gun and rights issue. the legislature may see it as a power issue. If they view it as the AG usurping power from them, then this might just get some steam.

this is a slippery slope for the legislature as well. if AG Healey can just "re-interpret" laws such that she is essentially rewriting them, then she could do the same in many other areas, not just firearms and 2A areas. The legislature may not so much care for that approach.

it all gets back to "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". but if the legislature does put some effort behind removing power from the AG, I would not interpret that as them being pro-2A

I don't see this (the AG actions) as a pure gun rights issue. This is a fundamental break of the rule of law - it just so happens to be focused against our civil rights.

Is it better strategically for the country if we leave this reinterpretation as banning all semi auto firearms in place until it can be fought via the courts? Am I incorrect in describing this as the best opportunity ever to eliminate future assault weapon bans?

Is it better strategically for the country if we leave this reinterpretation as banning all semi auto firearms in place until it can be fought via the courts? Am I incorrect in describing this as the best opportunity to eliminate future assault weapon bans?

Unfortunately, yes... at least IMHO.

Is it better strategically for the country if we leave this reinterpretation as banning all semi auto firearms in place until it can be fought via the courts? Am I incorrect in describing this as the best opportunity to eliminate future assault weapon bans?

The courts are no guarantee. Look at the LCI issue that we lost recently. And even prior to the death of Justice Scalia, the Supreme Court declined to hear AWB cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom