Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit they did something,but I do think she is going to wipe her ass with the letter.

Guys, if we are going to make it about guns we will contribute to an existing hysteria. We know from our phone calls and emails that our representatives were surprised by such single minded decision. Let's play their game. Do we want such a dictator in our leadership team? Do we want to support such unprofessional behavior? At the time when we should be all united in our war on terror we have a bad apple here and this bad apple is making criminals from all of us without a trial. She has lost our trust. She can't interpret constitution and she can't set us up for jail. We do not appreciate another Erdogan bringing Turkey's mess to MASS.

We must look professional and show our concern about broken communication and dictatorial behavior. No crime was committed and what is she doing is punishing dealers for their successful business.

This is not the time to display our weapons. That would work against us on television.

+1

I wish they wouldn't do that. It means next to nothing to me and I'd rather they used the money to go after the bad laws in this state..

I agree 100%. Perhpas they could have an option during donation to opt out of any mailings. I too want all my donated $ in their bank account not a dime wasted back on me. But at the same time they may have it automated so I cut them slack on it.

I agree 100%. Perhpas they could have an option during donation to opt out of any mailings...

Not all mailings. I still want the letter for tax purposes.
So if it's easier to always include the coin and decal, rather than only include it for some people, I can live with it.

ugh i read Boston Globe comments, why why why why

I picked the negative comments for us in order to prepare us for the next time around:

ts300007/23/16 07:48 PM
That "COME AND TAKE IT" flag says a lot. One thing about these gun enthusiasts is that they like to be provocative. They want to open carry in public so when you look at them they can say "what are you looking at? My AR15? Got a problem with it?"
These are very insecure people who feel threatened by everything. Scary, unstable people.

mom650107/23/16 01:56 PM
These people need a life-their rights are not being taken away. AG doing her job. It is about guns not rights here. So reasonable what she is doing. Rescheduling a family trip to rally on this? Seriously get a life.

WFC4907/23/16 02:06 PM
Give everyone a small nuke. MAD.. Mutually Assured Destruction. We'll all feel better for it. This is where we are headed and I'm fine with it. You can't stop progress. What the he77?

DirtyWaterLover07/23/16 02:42 PM
Hundreds they say. Too bad. The vast majority of Mass residents do not want these weapons to be sold in Massachusetts. That was the intent of the law. If the gun nuts think she over stepped then take her to court.

garymichael07/23/16 03:12 PM
the 2nd amendment is open to interpretation depending on the make up of the courts. someday saner people will say look you don't need to own a gun that could conceivable kill hundreds of innocent people in a single event. you'll just have to be content with one the can be reliable enough to defend civilians against attack such as a handgun, a shotgun or a hunting rifle.

RiseOfSquashzilla07/23/16 04:29 PM
So there has been a lot of discussion about 2nd amendment rights and if the right is absolute. The usual argument about absolute rights is the example of free speech and yelling fire in a theater. The argument goes well we restrict yelling fire in a theater so why does that not apply to 2nd amendment rights and restrictions.
There is no law the restricts you yelling fire in a theater. The law that prohibits yelling fire is actually a law that restricts speech that promotes an imminent lawless act. You are free to say whatever you like until you incite violence or imminent harm. Basically you need intent to do harm before the speech is banned.
So you could take the argument further regarding the 2nd amendment. Should you be allowed to carry any weapon you choose? I should be able to carry a machine gun or even hand grenades if i want as long as i do not intend to cause harm. A machine gun by itself does not cause harm. It is the intent of the person who causes the harm. So on a constitutional bases I should be able to own and carry an automatic weapon.
So is it okay to ban speech that incites violence or cause imminent harm? If not than you have to agree that the constitution does not grant absolute rights. Your rights are granted with reasonable expectations. Why is this so hard to understand

Southcoastgrump07/23/16 06:07 PM
I can see having guns to use for hunting, and within reason, for self defense (though that can be overdone). But no way on earth does it make any sense whatever to have military style weapons, whose only purpose is to kill, kill, kill, available to the general populace. Unless, of course, the real reason is to be able to, say, overthrow a government. But all of our constitution loving, flag waving populace wouldn't have that in mind, would they?

ts300007/23/16 07:48 PM
That "COME AND TAKE IT" flag says a lot. One thing about these gun enthusiasts is that they like to be provocative. They want to open carry in public so when you look at them they can say "what are you looking at? My AR15? Got a problem with it?"
These are very insecure people who feel threatened by everything. Scary, unstable people.

MAKEPEACENOW07/23/16 10:36 PM
Funny how the gun nuts constantly suggest we do not need more laws, we need to enforce the ones we have. Yet when those laws are enforced, such as this one, then they insist their rights are on the line.

Not funny, really. Ignorant, deceitful, and disingenuous, but not really very funny.
·
Doverham07/24/16 12:54 AM
Healey is not enforcing the existing statute - she fabricated a whole new definition of "assault weapon" that is wholly unrelated to the definition that has been on the books for nearly two decades.
·
dirigo182007/24/16 01:13 AM
No, she didn't, Doverham. She developed an interpretation of the law that is different from the interpretation manufacturers have developed in order to sell copies of their guns that should have been prohibited (and now are with this new guidance).

I thought long and hard last night about what we accomplished by showing up outside the State House yesterday.

There were 2500 guns sold on this past Wednesday and we didn't even get that many people to show up to protect their birth right!

To the patriots of whom I shook their hand and called them my brother with tears welling up in my eyes when I arrived at the state house steps around 9:00am.
I commend each and everyone of you that recognizes what our forefathers and minutemen laid down their lives for.

Yesterday was the Boston Tea Party in terms of what we did.

People who call themselves American Patriots that own firearms and couldn't even get out of bed to show their support.
They had nothing to loose only time.

When I left my house my wife said "Don't do anything stupid and get arrested.".
She knew how angry I was that they made so many of us felons overnight.

I sat in my car driving to the greatest city of the best nation in the world.
Thinking to myself what did Paul Revere's wife say to him when he left for his famous ride?
I bet it was "ride like hell is coming, honey!".

The colonist were 5 percent of the population that won our freedom.
All that was asked of each and every firearm owner was to show support at the state house steps.
We got less that than 1 percent of them to do even that.

I went inside the state house and saw where such laws were made and saw the picture of our forefathers arresting a mayor for treason.
They all had that same look of anger on their faces as I had in my heart yesterday!

Patriots unarmed were shot at the Boston Massacre throwing rocks and some words at the British soldiers.

You cowards would not even show up to a peaceful "Rally".

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.".

To the real and true patriots that showed up to support their brothers and sisters in arms.
I have the greatest admiration for your fortitude and conviction.
See you again my Brothers and Sisters!

To the ones that did not show up to the rally.
When they come to your doors and take away your means to protect yourself and your families freedoms.
Make sure you don't drop those weapons when you smile and hand them over!
People greater than yourself will be needing them to restore their kids and future generations rights.
Don't come crying about it to us. We will do nothing for you as Ben had said on November 11, 1755.

No manufacturer showed up to support firearm owners. No official police organization showed support.

The Navy Seals say the easiest day was yesterday.

And all you had to do was show up!

Last edited:
Rest of the world passed this stage + many similar stages already. America and few small islands of resistance in former Eastern Europe are the only one left for globalism to conquer.

It is very convenient to be government dependent. Majority loves it. That is the real issue here.
I'm sure the majority is loving it in Venezuela. Unfortunately opinion polling is a bit difficult right now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thanks. F 'em all

You can't just ignore them. This is a current state of MA. We can all say that it will not change. We can all just move out of here (temporary fix) or change it. I would like to change it.

There concerns are:
I do not want somebody else to have a weapon.
I do not want "these type of guys" to have any weapons. Period.
I am fine if only .gov has access to weapons.

We play to these concerns by displaying what they expect. So, this only underlines their understanding.

We need to change the playing field without changing our goal. It is all about proper marketing and positioning. I will give you an example: After Vietnam war "public" was spitting on soldiers because public was controlled by lies from liberal media. Look around today, even more liberal media treats EVERYBODY who went to Iraq or Afghanistan as heroes or veterans. There was an event at Fenway while we were at the State House. It was for veterans. What has changed? We have even more liberal media and do you think Iraq mission is less dangerous than Vietnam was? We bombed hospitals by mistakes.....Crickets........This is what I mean when I talk about changing "playing field". This has to be done.

We can continue what we are doing and we will become dying out minority of gun enthusiasts. After we die no more rights. Bananas in holsters forever! I do not want that. I want us to become heroes who took this country seriously and did something for it. That is what I want.

I'm sure the majority is loving it in Venezuela. Unfortunately opinion polling is a bit difficult right now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Venezuela to MA is like Somalia to U.S. Who cares? It will not happen here. This is the public opinion. You can't stand up and say:"Look at Venezuela." Majority does not know what they are looking at. So what? Do you think gun rights would save Venezuela? No way. Do you think Americans want to see Venezuelans walking around with legal weapons while stores are looted in the background?

What citizens want is the end of terror attacks on our soil. That is interesting topic for them.
Citizens do not want to see NEW black or white panthers showing off their technology they were told is dangerous. How to make them go away is interesting for them.

Ask yourself: Why we did not get all 400,000 yesterday?
My answer is: Because majority of them are already in the underground and they want to remain there.

That we need to change.

Gun manufactures, gun dealers are used to marketing which is targeted towards us. This type of marketing gives them immediate results but it also irritates Mr. Public who follows liberal media.

World is becoming a very unsafe place. People know that information here is being scrubbed and altered. One way to address it is to start educating Mr. Public without any BS. Soft marketing intended to support our position. Show .gov in a proper light.

I believe we can talk to gun manufacturers and come up with a plan how to stop insanity not only in MA but also in USA.

I thought long and hard last night about what we accomplished by showing up outside the State House yesterday.

There were 2500 guns sold on this past Wednesday and we didn't even get that many people to show up to protect their birth right!

To the patriots of whom I shook their hand and called them my brother with tears welling up in my eyes when I arrived at the state house steps around 9:00am.
I commend each and everyone of you that recognizes what our forefather laid down their lives for.

Yesterday was the Boston Tea Party in terms of what we did.

People who call themselves American Patriots that own firearms couldn't even get out of bed to show support.
They had nothing to loose only time.

When I left my house my wife said "Don't do anything stupid and get arrested.".
She knew how angry I was that they made so many of us felons overnight.

I sat in my car driving to the greatest city of the best nation the world.
Thinking to myself what did Paul Revere's wife say to him when he left for his famous ride?
I bet is was ride like hell is coming, honey!

The colonist were 5 percent of the population that won our freedom.
All that was asked of each and every firearm owner was to show support at the state house steps.
We got less that than 1 percent of them to do even that.

I went inside the state house and saw where such laws were made and saw the picture of our forefathers arresting a mayor for treason.
They all had that same look of anger on their faces as I had in my heart yesterday!

Patriots unarmed were shot at the Boston Massacre throwing rocks and some words at the British soldiers.

You cowards would not even show up to a peaceful "Rally".

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.".

To the real and true patriots that showed up to support their brothers in arms.
I have the greatest admiration for your fortitude and conviction.
See you again my Brothers!

To the ones that did not show up to the rally.
When they come to your doors and take away your means to protect yourself and your families freedoms.
Make sure you don't drop those weapons when you smile and hand them over!
People greater than yourself will be needing them to restore their kids and future generations rights.
Don't come crying about it to us. We will do nothing for you as Ben had said on November 11, 1755.

No manufacturer showed up to support firearm owners. No official police organization showed support.

The Navy Seals say the easiest day was yesterday.

And all you had to do was show up!

Thank you very much for this post. I will print it out and keep it.

Let me share real life story from 90's in former Yugoslavia. Nothing was wrong with Yugoslavia. It was the best country in the communist world. It was a real paradise on Earth. Few very strong politicians decided to raise ethnic tension there to the point that war arrived in ONE YEAR!

It arrived in the same manner you have described in your great post. People became extremely tired and they did not show up. The war did not arrive overnight. First, one tank passed by the village and that was it. Villagers said: Let's not provoke them. Let's ignore them and they will not drive here anymore. Then another tank showed up but from a different army. Villagers said:"Now the other side will think we support these and not them". They decided to be quiet. They did nothing.

Today, 25 years later, this village is still standing there. Trees are growing in chimneys and windows are covered with bushes.

Yesterday, some people did not show up for multiple reasons but the biggest reason was this: I WILL PRETEND THAT I DO NOT EXIST AND THEY WILL LEAVE ME ALONE.

So her intent was to disallow the sale of the firearms immediately upon issuing her notice, instead we went out and purchased 2600+- of them in one day. Her response was to go back and change her tune and say she meant after the 20th. It would seem to me that the best course of action in terms of beating this is massive civil disobedience, continue on business as usual and keep buying the rifles that have been deemed legal to purchase here since 1994. It would take the national guard to round up all the people who she deems violated her decree.

In all seriousness, I really can't believe what is becoming of this state/country. I have serious worries for my 2 year old son and second on the way, that they may never know what it feels like to be free to do things with out gov't intervention. I don't understand why so many people fear freedom and liberty. This is way more than just gun rights here, this will spread to other rights, it will be small incremental bites, unfortunately there are not enough of us who understand what is going on to combat this and it seems like most people want this.

The mood of the general populace seems to have shifted from people who enjoyed being free and being able to do the things they want to do, to people that only want to do what other people tell them they should do or can do. I am not sure how you fix that........

Let's not forget Smith and Wesson is a publicly traded company with a market cap of over $1.5B.....they're not moving anywhere

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What makes you think they are not on her " To do " list ?
She apparently can act unilaterally in this state.
What's to stop her from suing the shit out of them for making banned weapons?
Talk about making brownie points with the national commies.
You know , public safety and all.

Its what Democrat's do well take jobs away. S&W should pick up and move out of the State.....We can Ram job lose right up Charlie's fat ass! At the end of the day the Commie Lesbian cares not for us but for her own political gain.....

Correct. Remember that in her eyes we are all felons... the owners, the dealers and the manufacturers. She says we all should have known they were/are illegal and we are all criminals for having made and bought these illegal weapons of war. She just isn't quite ready yet to prosecute us. [thinking]

Even if we got rid of them all today, we are still criminals... felons to be exact. We broke the law according to her and that's that. Can't turn back the clock and undo our dastardly criminal deeds. [thinking]

So her intent was to disallow the sale of the firearms immediately upon issuing her notice, instead we went out and purchased 2600+- of them in one day. Her response was to go back and change her tune and say she meant after the 20th. It would seem to me that the best course of action in terms of beating this is massive civil disobedience, continue on business as usual and keep buying the rifles that have been deemed legal to purchase here since 1994. It would take the national guard to round up all the people who she deems violated her decree.

In all seriousness, I really can't believe what is becoming of this state/country. I have serious worries for my 2 year old son and second on the way, that they may never know what it feels like to be free to do things with out gov't intervention. I don't understand why so many people fear freedom and liberty. This is way more than just gun rights here, this will spread to other rights, it will be small incremental bites, unfortunately there are not enough of us who understand what is going on to combat this and it seems like most people want this.

The mood of the general populace seems to have shifted from people who enjoyed being free and being able to do the things they want to do, to people that only want to do what other people tell them they should do or can do. I am not sure how you fix that........

In order to continue buying them they need to become available again. Dealers were first to comply with a new completely non-sense order. Do you know why? Because they would shut them down. Buy it somewhere else, not register it. You are braking few laws potentially.

Like I said here many times before: Nobody will be knocking on your door to collect your weapons. YOU will be bringing your weapons to them. Why? Because you have mortgage to pay, school loans, jobs to go to. With current AG such order will be given to you and you will have 24 hours to comply. Based on our yesterday's experience maybe 5,000 people will not do it and 395,000 will. You will become "lone wolf", dangerous to law abiding citizens.

I don't understand why so many people fear freedom and liberty. This is way more than just gun rights here, this will spread to other rights, it will be small incremental bites, unfortunately there are not enough of us who understand what is going on to combat this and it seems like most people want this.

People do not want responsibility which comes with freedom and liberty. That is all. When I came to this country with $20 in my pocket I would die in couple of days without government support. I did not speak the language, I was not used to living in projects and had no job lined up. Mind you, I was not unemployable. I was just idiotic enough to come unprepared like this. If you would tell me about my freedom back then I would think you are a nut. MILLIONS KEEP COMING JUST LIKE ME. That is one issue.

Second issue is runaway governments. Nobody paid any attention to them. They became "businesses" on their own. For 8 years already they were working against us. That is a decade.
It takes at least 30 years to recover from 10 bad ones.

Recovery will not come from Killary. It may also not come from Trump unless we stop ignoring the obvious and get involved on many levels. That "involvement" is not optional.

We are like educated patient in the dentist chair. We did not see the dentist for 10 years because we had something else to do. We had different priorities. Now dentist is telling us that we will require a root canal, post and crown. Thousands of dollars on co-pay only. We are in tremendous pain but we still think about what else we could buy for that money We refused to invest into our own well being. That needs to change.

Correct. Remember that in her eyes we are all felons... the owners, the dealers and the manufacturers. She says we all should have known they were/are illegal and we are all criminals for having made and bought these illegal weapons of war. She just isn't quite ready yet to prosecute us. [thinking]

Even if we got rid of them all today, we are still criminals... felons to be exact. We broke the law according to her and that's that. Can't turn back the clock and undo our dastardly criminal deeds. [thinking]

Fighting legally illegal action of the dictator in a dictatorship state is very expensive. You rather quietly settle. That is a smart business decision and absolutely bad moral decision. They are in business not in religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom