Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
i mean at least when they round us all up and stick us in a camp, we'll be with like minded individuals.............right?

even in death camps some choose to serve their executioners, I can see no different how some are rolling over AG's bullshit.

A petition is going to do nothing but add your name to another list of targets. Baker doesn't give a shit about the overreach and worse he agrees with it. This is here to stay. The only question is how it will be enforced and when.

I knew somebody would throw absurd back in my face. [smile]

What I meant is that it would be absurd for them to try to press criminal charges when the guidance - which is the law for all intents and purposes at this point - clearly states that it doesn't apply to rifles obtained pre-yesterday. As mentioned before, I think that was an intentional move to avoid ex post facto issues. She could change her guidance in the future, but the way things stand today it would be absurd for a prosecutor to try to use this guidance to prosecute someone with a rifle obtained prior to the 20th.

And I do think she misspoke - or at least overstepped yesterday when she said that the guns sold post-94 were sold illegally. I didn't hear her say it, but when did that come up? It's not quite in line with her written directive, unless I'm missing something.

God bless and keep the czar, far away from us!

This has been the last little push I need to start looking for property in NH.

Come on in......the water's fine.....................................................................................for now.

lol someone just called about defense bills for indigent people's representation claiming it's a constitutional right and was so angry...meanwhile, our 2A rights are getting butt rammed and that's no big deal.

NH here I come.

That's nice - but doesn't even address the major issue - and that is that she RETROACTIVELY decided what was legal and what was not - and then pinky-swore not to go after us *at this time*.

Compared to that - being worried about the shooting sports is nonsense.

realistically they are only going to look at it and determine if it is for or against. I figure the 1st line is about all they'll see.

This is so beyond ****ed up. She has the authority to send the letter, but how the **** does she have the authority to just unilaterally change the interpretation of an 18 year-old law which references a definition that is at this point 22 years old?

Draper v Healey

Do people seriously worry this much about this crap?

You are giving the cops in this state way too much credit. They don't know crap about guns and they dont really care. If you think a cop on duty is running around looking to do research on whether or not a firearm is illegal you are out of your mind. Off duty at the range? You have got to be kidding! They dont run around their entire lives looking to hem up Joe Shmo at the range anymore than you are looking to attend to the duties of your job while out having fun.

I shoot whatever the hell I want at the range and about 1/50th of my collection is "Mass Compliant". At some point you have to stop letting these morons run your life, Healey does not care about us, why would I care if I do something she does not like?

Great Post

Yeah lets sign more petitions, that'l fix it!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Thing is, its in the AWB and was from the beginning. Part A was just ignored from the get-go. What we need is the legislature to remove part A from the AWB and we are back to the prior interpretation.[/FONT]

it shows that peons are restless, takes a sec of time, not a panacea but a snail step in the right direction.

And I do think she misspoke - or at least overstepped yesterday when she said that the guns sold post-94 were sold illegally. I didn't hear her say it, but when did that come up? It's not quite in line with her written directive, unless I'm missing something.

Question and answer period: Someone asked if she thought the gun shops had consulted attorneys and attempted to comply with the AWB, should they have been selling them the whole time.

The Q&A period after the press conference had good stuff that I wish we had a recording of.

Question and answer period: Someone asked if she thought the gun shops had consulted attorneys and attempted to comply with the AWB, should they have been selling them the whole time.

The Q&A period after the press conference had good stuff that I wish we had a recording of.

me too, does anyone know which station was this presented to?

That's what I figured: She was speaking off the cuff.

Makes you wonder if the recording is being suppressed because of the content.

Tell the screener you are calling about something else, health insurance, potholes, whatever...

THIS - we need more talk of this. You need to hammer on not the gun point but the following.

* circumventing the legislative process is alarming. Removing one right today can be freedom of religion tomorrow.
* it removes the power from out legislators and the Governor
* If he goes into legality of it, no where in MGL is there any mention of a "Similarity test". The definition and features of an assault weapon are clear cut and to change it can only be done by our legislature.
* If it goes south and they cut people off - this is discrimination against black people because of the BLM and the recent shooting.

Wife and I have already spoken about NH or SC, I think this is the proverbial straw on the camel's back. Now to figure out commutes and employment (my company has 65,000 people and offices everywhere).

My neighbor's palatial house in S. Central NH is up for sale. Gun-friendly and dog-friendly neighbors. 4ac abutting conservation land. Come on over, guys. Keep NH free. **** like your AG just pulled is why a lot of us here either moved back or to NH from states where we felt continuously in retreat.

Wife and I have already spoken about NH or SC, I think this is the proverbial straw on the camel's back. Now to figure out commutes and employment (my company has 65,000 people and offices everywhere).

I wish I could move to SC, but my children are in North central MA. I may look at finishing renovating my home and putting it up for sale.

Interesting. I stand corrected. Yet she dictates policy to the Judicial? Who does she report to? The voters? [rofl]
She's executive. She enforces the law. Judicial determines if it was enforced correctly. Per the state Constitution, yes she reports to the voters. She's a more or less independent part of the executive - which is pure bullshit. So if you're arrested and she decides to prosecute the judiciary decides if the arrest and interpretation of the law was valid. Good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom