Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Sergeant Joe Friday used to say, just the facts. So don't get all pissy with the messenger. Your State government is completely corrupt. You as gun owners are in the minority and greatly outnumbered. You always will be. They, the government (not your government anymore) don't give a fark what you think. They have made themselves your rulers. They will only relinquish power when there are real consequences to their actions. There are not enough people really PO'ed and willing to step up and do something real about it. Standing in front of the dome at 5pm on a sunny 90 degree Thursday in July will not be considered realconsequences to the rulers. They will peer out the windows of their plush offices and chuckle at you as you roast under the sum. They are all ready to leave for their weekend getaways. Read your history and the answers will come to you. Your state is no longer a government of the people by the people. It is a government of self-appointed elites who are enemies of the US Constitution. Their oaths of office mean nothing to them. Laws no longer apply to them only you and I. They are bolstered by the sheep whom have been conditioned to think as they wish them too. You are fighting a lost cause in a state that has long ago fallen to the liberal progressive thought process. They wish to jail you or drive you out. Please my friends GTFO and go live a life where you can focus on something besides how corrupt your self appointed rulers have been ALLOWED to become. The sheep around you are not your friends and in the end will not help you. I made the choice myself 4 years and 4 days ago to come and live in NH. Yes I was driven out. If I did what I would have liked to do I would have been jailed or killed. I would have stood alone and labled as just another gun nut and become a story in a three day news cycle. It was the best gift I ever gave to my wife and I. YMMV

This is true regarding real consequences. Ironically, I have been wondering for weeks when the BLM/new BPP crowd will realize how much more effective their violent actions wound be if they became more targeted in their criminal activity. They are mad at "racist" cops for a certain acts but retaliate with random acts of violence against apparently good cops and even minority cops sometimes in others cities, even. What will happen, when they start to hunt down the actual cause for the alleged grievance? During interview's they comment that the whole system is rigged, from the often Democrat Mayors, DAs and down through the police.

I think shit is about to get very real and very scary. Our pols are so stupid/evil that they just make things worse.

If you need an example, look at Charlie Hebdo and other atrocities committed in the name of Islam. I haven't noticed any "draw Muhammed" contests recently.

He apparently interprets her stated intent not to prosecute as meaning that there is nothing to prosecute.

From the AG's site:

ENFORCEMENT NOTICE

PROHIBITED ASSAULT WEAPONS

The Office of the Attorney General (AGO) is issuing this Enforcement Notice to provide a framework to gun sellers and others for understanding the definition of “Assault weapon” contained in G.L. c. 140, § 121 (“Section 121”). In particular, this notice provides guidance on the identification of weapons that are “copies” or “duplicates” of the enumerated Assault weapons that are banned under Massachusetts law.

This guidance will be applied to future transfers of “Assault weapons,” as that term is defined in Section 121. This may include, without limitation, the AGO’s enforcement of criminal laws such as G.L. c. 140, §§ 128 and 131M, and civil laws such as G.L. c. 93A.

Applied to future transfers, not possession.

Application of this Enforcement Notice (individual gun owners):

The Guidance will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer of an Assault weapon obtained prior to July 20, 2016.

The AGO reserves the right to alter or amend this guidance.

It sure sounds like pre-yesterday stuff isn't impacted. They also don't explain "obtained" - obtained by whom?

“That the Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe on the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent ‘the people’ of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms… ” Samuel Adams in arguing for a Bill of Rights, from the book “Massachusetts,” Pierce & Hale, 1850 pg. 86-87

From the AG's site:

From the Q and A:

Q: What if I already own a gun that is a copy or duplicate?

• If a weapon is a copy or duplicate of one of the models enumerated in the law, it is an Assault weapon. But, as a matter of her discretion as a prosecutor, the Attorney General will not enforce the assault weapons ban against those who possess or transfer a copy or duplicate of a listed Assault weapon, if the weapon was obtained prior to July 20, 2016, when she issued the guidance.

If it is an "assault weapon," it is illegal. She is merely saying that she won't prosecute you for it if it was bought before yesterday.

From the AG's site:

It sure sounds like pre-yesterday stuff isn't impacted. They also don't explain "obtained" - obtained by whom?

Blah, blah, blah. The end result will be that no one can own a firearm.

From the AG's site:

Reading that it appears that would mean zero new sales or builds, but anything possessed pre-yesterday is okay to possess, own, or transfer. To me, it would read it the weapon was obtained prior to yesterday in the state of MA by anyone then it's okay. Yes, the caveat being this is subject to change.

From the AG's site:

From the Q and A:

• If a weapon is a copy or duplicate of one of the models enumerated in the law, it is an Assault weapon. But, as a matter of her discretion as a prosecutor, the Attorney General will not enforce the assault weapons ban against those who possess or transfer a copy or duplicate of a listed Assault weapon, if the weapon was obtained prior to July 20, 2016, when she issued the guidance.

If it is an "assault weapon," it is illegal. She is merely saying that she won't prosecute you for it if it was bought before yesterday.

I suppose we should bow down, put on a short and tattered wig with awkward earrings and give her a tongue lashing for her discretion.

Basically what the law is defining about firearms obtained before 7/20/16 being "Legal" to transfer is all our Rifles that we had before this BS have essentially tripled in value if you chose to gouge unfortunate people who failed to stock up on rifles as opposed to mags and ammo. You watch, by next month those same AR's that people bitched about being overpriced will seem like great deals.

From the AG's site:

From the Q and A:

So we're living indefinitely under prosecutorial discretion. There's a lot of that going on is America right now, and it's also a sign we're living in tyranny.

Last edited:
Healy "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

This will create a niche black market in rifles/lowers. Better start a sticky of S/Ns and corresponding manufacture dates so we can optimally manage our way through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just spoke to a legislative aid who told me that he can't say with any certainty, but this is something he expects to see debated on the floor, and that house members aren't happy about it. What that means, who knows.

Mike

Could this be a test? Testing the waters if the Democrats gain the white House. Or a test for other states to follow if the Mass. AG gets away with this, opening the door for more AG 's in other states to copy.

Basically what the law is defining about firearms obtained before 7/20/16 being "Legal" to transfer is all our Rifles that we had before this BS have essentially tripled in value if you chose to gouge unfortunate people who failed to stock up on rifles as opposed to mags and ammo. You watch, by next month those same AR's that people bitched about being overpriced will seem like great deals.

This remains unclear. It is illegal to possess or transfer an assault weapon. From the AG: Massachusetts law prohibits sale and possession of Assault weapons. G.L. c. 140, §§ 128 and 131M.
As of yesterday, your previously Mass legal ARs and AKs are illegal assault weapons, making it illegal for you to sell them. AG again:
  • Under state law, owning or transferring an Assault weapon can lead to substantial fines or to prison time. See G.L. c. 140, §§ 128 and 131M for details.

At this point, who the hell knows.

Philip_Dawe_(attributed),_The_Bostonians_Paying_the_Excise-man,_or_Tarring_and_Feathering_(1774)_-_02.jpg

Once finished with this recipe, throw into Boston harbor.

If she has waited this long to do this, doesn't it make her complicit in every homicide committed by firearm since in office?

Rep D'Emelia out of Bridgewater is with us unhappy but does not have any more info than we do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Could this be a test? Testing the waters if the Democrats gain the white House. Or a test for other states to follow if the Mass. AG gets away with this, opening the door for more AG 's in other states to copy.

Well, not to change the subject, but this is merely an extension of Obama's many illegal executive orders. Look at VA, where McAuliffe(another Clintonite) declared that 200,000 new Democratic voters existed by deciding that convicted felons can vote, contrary to state and federal(I think) law.

Do it, see what happens. Best case is the sheep do nothing. Worst case is you get your way for several years until SJC (unlikely) or SCOTUS(technocrat pigs and progressive ballwashers) disagree and hand you a guide book on what to come back with for them to approve. They win, you lose, see you when you become persona non grata because your records are flagged.

Just spoke to a legislative aid who told me that he can't say with any certainty, but this is something he expects to see debated on the floor, and that house members aren't happy about it. What that means, who knows.

Mike

I think it means that most of the house members aren't happy to have missed out on all the photo ops yesterday.

If she has waited this long to do this, doesn't it make her complicit in every homicide committed by firearm since in office?

Edited:

There have been no homicides committed by [strike]any of[/strike] anyone in MA wielding these firearms since she became AG, so there is no blood on her hands, at least in MA.

Last edited:
This remains unclear. It is illegal to possess or transfer an assault weapon. From the AG: Massachusetts law prohibits sale and possession of Assault weapons. G.L. c. 140, §§ 128 and 131M.
As of yesterday, your previously Mass legal ARs and AKs are illegal assault weapons, making it illegal for you to sell them. AG again:
  • Under state law, owning or transferring an Assault weapon can lead to substantial fines or to prison time. See G.L. c. 140, §§ 128 and 131M for details.

At this point, who the hell knows.

"can lead to substantial fines" - for example, if it was an assault weapon purchased new today. As to everything prior to yesterday, who knows.

By no means a scientific survey, but I've talked to a few LEO's and they're not pleased. So if Maura decides tomorrow to round up your banned weapons (consider it a felony to retain the firearm), are LEOs going to tell their top cop to **** off?

By no means a scientific survey, but I've talked to a few LEO's and they're not pleased. So if Maura decides tomorrow to round up your banned weapons (consider it a felony to retain the firearm), are LEOs going to tell their top cop to **** off?

Their family is more important than your guns.

Irony of mass laws:

I used to have an FID card. I wanted a rifle and had no interest in handguns. In the late 90's, Mass made it so i had to get a LTC for a few rifles i was interested in. Thanks MA, i am now interested in handguns and have a couple.

I used to be satisfied with my neutered "compliant" M4 copy. Now that its considered a legal (for now) illegal AW, my pinned stalk will soon be a moving like the free staters ones.

See there is an upside to stupidity.

PS- See what i did there? Its a M4 copy, not an AR-15 copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom