He loved to draw pictures... praise for a dead criminal

Watch the video. That is some shameful manipulative reporting.

http://www.koco.com/news/19531910/detail.html

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The family of a teenager shot at a metro pharmacy on Tuesday said Antwun Parker did not intend to rob the store.
Pharmacist Jerome Ensland said he fired at least four shots at Parker because he said Parker and another person tried to steal money and guns. Ensland said he feared for his life.

Cleta Jennings said that she’s certain that her son didn’t plan to rob Reliable Pharmacy. She said he may have become involved with the wrong crowd.
“He was my baby,” she said.

She said Parker, 16, loved to play basketball and draw pictures. She said she didn’t care that Ensland said he didn’t mean to kill anyone because his actions took away a loving boy. ...

Last edited:
jonathan_drawing_nuke.JPG

some of his work?

Someone should post this on the mother's chest and on the kid's gravestone:

Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity. -Robert A Heinlein

Someone should post this on the mother's chest and on the kid's gravestone:

Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity. -Robert A Heinlein

thats a pretty sweet f'in quote.

My favorite line " "The first shot got him in the head, and that slowed him down so I could get my other gun.”

Jerome Ersland was back at work Thursday filling prescriptions and hoping that by taking the life of a 16-year-old boy two days earlier, he had saved others.

Rubbing an oversized bandage on his left forearm, where he said he was grazed by a robber’s bullet, Ersland related details of what he said was a highly organized hit on the Reliable Discount Pharmacy.

"I just regret anybody would get killed,” Ersland said. "But if I wouldn’t have been here, there would have been three people killed — the other pharmacist and the two techs.”

He also recalls the angry voices of people who gathered outside the pharmacy Tuesday night, shouting that he was a racist who unnecessarily took a life of the Seeworth Academy charter school student, Antwun Parker.

"There were a lot of black people gathered out there yelling and everything at my boss,” Ersland said.

An organized hit

After the pharmacy near SW 59 and Pennsylvania was robbed two years ago, the owner installed new security measures to try to make sure his employees would never again be forced to a back room and pistol-whipped. "We have a very good security system,” Ersland said, motioning to the magnetic door locks that won’t let anyone in or out of the store without permission. "The door locks, and they (robbers) knew that. They had cased it because they knew exactly what time to hit us when we’d have all of our narcotics out and our money out.”

About 10 minutes before 6 p.m., Ersland said, two robbers wearing ski masks waited for someone to leave the pharmacy and then grabbed the open door and threw down a board to stop the door from closing.

The robbers went in cursing and yelling, ordering employees to give them money and drugs, Ersland said.

Two women who were working behind the counter ran for a back room where they would be safe, but Ersland said he couldn’t run. Ersland said he’s a veteran with disabilities from wounds he received in Operation Desert Storm, wears a cumbersome back brace and just had his latest back surgery six weeks ago.

"All of a sudden, they started shooting,” he said. "They were attempting to kill me, but they didn’t know I had a gun. They said, ‘You’re gonna die.’ That’s when one of them shot at me, and that’s when he got my hand.”

Ersland said he was thrown against a wall, but managed to go for the semiautomatic in his pocket.

"And that’s when I started defending myself,” he said. "The first shot got him in the head, and that slowed him down so I could get my other gun.”

But as one robber hit the floor, Ersland said, a bullet from the other robber whizzed past his ear.

The pharmacist said he then got his second gun from a nearby drawer, a Taurus "Judge.”

After he had the big gun, Ersland said, the second robber ran.

But as he started to chase after the second robber, Ersland said, he looked back to see the 16-year-old he had shot in the head getting up again. Ersland said he then emptied the Kel-Tec .380 into the boy’s chest as he kept going after the second robber.

"I went after the other guy, but he was real fast and I’m crippled,” Ersland said.

Outside the pharmacy, he said he saw what he thought was a third black male in a car with the engine running and reaching for what appeared to be a shotgun.

"I pulled out my ‘Judge’ and pointed it right between his eyes and he floored it,” Ersland said.

The investigation

Because of the sensitive nature of the investigation, police said they could not confirm any of Ersland’s story, including whether Ersland was shot, whether the robbers ever fired on him or even if Parker was armed. On Thursday, police were still looking for the second robber, described as a black man in his 20s, about 5 feet, 7 inches tall, and weighing about 175 pounds. The man was last seen wearing a red shirt and dark pants.

A man was arrested about a block away after crashing a stolen car that fit the description Ersland gave, but police said the man has not been linked to the robbery.

After the gunfire

When he went back in the pharmacy, Ersland said, he called police.

"I asked if the girls were all right, and they were in the back crying,” he said. "I was glad to know they were alive. We were lucky and I’m glad I defended us, because I feel that a person has a right to defend themselves at their home or at their work. People deserve to be safe and not be afraid of people that want to take money when they don’t work for it.”

That’s what the Second Amendment and the state’s "concealed carry” license are for, he said.

"Fortunately, God made them miss me, except for this minor scratch,” Ersland said.

"I was able to return fire and protect the girls’ lives. God was helping me.”

Sounds like Mr. Ersland did the right thing. There is no way he would know that this kid was "Slow" and even if he did, so what? The dumb f&cker was shooting at him! At least his side of the story, but in my book, it he had a gun and was even pointing in my general direction, see ya later!

I'm sure he was "just getting his life together".

Cleta Jennings said that she’s certain that her son didn’t plan to rob Reliable Pharmacy. She said he may have become involved with the wrong crowd. “He was my baby,” she said.

There's lot of folks who do their shopping at pharmacies wearing ski masks...[thinking]

Another example of a bad parent blaming someone else for their shortcomings, & trying to defend her child's criminal actions. He tried to rob & shoot the guy, he deserved what he got.

Good for the pharmacist fighting back, despite his injuries/disabilities!

I say give the guy an award for his troubles, & for ridding society of the dirtbag.

Last edited:
Just once!!! I'd love to the mothers of these darling little angels come in front of the cameras and say something to the effect of:

" I sincerely apologize. I raised a monster. Through my lack of parenting, I take responsibility for the heinous acts committed by my child. I am sorry to all the people that he has hurt"..

I'm sure if the pharmacist had just complied the kids would've been good little boys, turned their lives around, and become descent members of society.

/Sarcasm off...

Good on the pharmacist. He must feel like crap knowing what happened, but I can't fault him.

The last thing he drew was his pistol. After that, it was strictly performance art. You might say that things got ... sketchy.

You always have a way to put it in perspective.......................[rofl][smile].............I wonder what the grouping was like when he said he emptied his .380 clip into the kid on the floor [wink], must of looked like modern art.............[grin]

Hey, least we all know what was going thru Antwan's mind when he robbed that store.............. a FMJ .380 [rofl] or Holy Sh*t, that guy has a gu.................[smile]

Just once!!! I'd love to the mothers of these darling little angels come in front of the cameras and say something to the effect of:

" I sincerely apologize. I raised a monster. Through my lack of parenting, I take responsibility for the heinous acts committed by my child. I am sorry to all the people that he has hurt"..

That will never happen because any parent who would take responsibility and say that is responsible enough to raise their child with respect for other people's lives and property. Growing up, my dad always told me if I ever pulled some shit like this that I better pray the police catch me before he did. I guess it worked because I never did try to pull this type of stuff.

He also recalls the angry voices of people who gathered outside the pharmacy Tuesday night, shouting that he was a racist who unnecessarily took a life of the Seeworth Academy charter school student, Antwun Parker.

"There were a lot of black people gathered out there yelling and everything at my boss,” Ersland said."[/I]

Yeah, this is the part I like. Maybe the robbers should have had a racially diverse crew so he could shoot them without regard to race, creed, color, religion or sexual orientation?

You can't shoot an armed robber or protest a President without being a racist these days.

Just like Jerry Seinfeld used to say on his show, "Good luck with aaaaallllllll that!"

http://www.kfor.com/news/sns-ap-ok--pharmacyshooting,0,2415801.story

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — An Oklahoma City pharmacist who shot and killed a 16-year-old would-be robber has been charged with first-degree murder.

Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater said Wednesday that 57-year-old Jerome Ersland was justified in shooting Antwun Parker once in the head on May 19. But Prater says Ersland went too far when he shot Parker five more times in the abdomen while Parker lay unconscious on the floor.

Ersland's attorney — Irven Box — says Ersland was protecting himself and two women inside the pharmacy.

Prater showed a security video in which two men burst into the pharmacy and one being shot. Ersland is seen chasing the second man outside before returning, walking past Parker to get a second gun then going back to Parker and opening fire.

http://www.kfor.com/news/sns-ap-ok--pharmacyshooting,0,2415801.story

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — An Oklahoma City pharmacist who shot and killed a 16-year-old would-be robber has been charged with first-degree murder.

Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater said Wednesday that 57-year-old Jerome Ersland was justified in shooting Antwun Parker once in the head on May 19. But Prater says Ersland went too far when he shot Parker five more times in the abdomen while Parker lay unconscious on the floor.

Ersland's attorney — Irven Box — says Ersland was protecting himself and two women inside the pharmacy.

Prater showed a security video in which two men burst into the pharmacy and one being shot. Ersland is seen chasing the second man outside before returning, walking past Parker to get a second gun then going back to Parker and opening fire.

while I'm not saying what the shop keeper did was wrong, it was certainly stupid.

edit: only the last part of what he did, I mean.

A classic example of why you should make no statements at the scene of a shooting, or after, without your attorney present.

There is probably a defense that could work for going to get a second gun and then returning to shoot a guy already shot in the head, but it will take a pretty good lawyer to help this guy.

My guess is that he would have had a much easier time of it if the deceased wasn't a member of a 'protected class'.

A classic example of why you should make no statements at the scene of a shooting, or after, without your attorney present.

There is probably a defense that could work for going to get a second gun and then returning to shoot a guy already shot in the head, but it will take a pretty good lawyer to help this guy.

My guess is that he would have had a much easier time of it if the deceased wasn't a member of a 'protected class'.

While STFU is always a good strategy, that wouldn't necessarily save the shooter from legal jeopardy in this instance. Forensics will likely confirm that the perp was prone when the additional 5 shots were fired.

If that information is correct, that he shot the perp 5 times after the perp was unconscious and prone on the floor, even the best lawyer in the world may not be able to keep him out of jail.

Back
Top Bottom