HB500 (hunting with suppressors) in Committee 2/17

Frickin' awesome. A birdie told me SIG had something to do with it by holding a suppressor demonstration/education day for interested reps/senators and F&G. Does anyone know if F&G voiced opposition this time around?

I am pleased to announce that the House Concurred with the Senate for the final phase of passing HB500, allowing the use of suppressors while hunting, and it will be headed to the Governor for signing into law! I urge you to contact the Governor and let her know you want the bill signed!

Representative James Spillane
http://www.jamesspillane.org

On to the final step.

HB500 Signed. Effective: Immediately.

I'm not saying I'll vote for her, but I'm starting to reconsider actively campaigning against Hassan.

[thread=311309]Maggie has signed HB500.[/thread]. [smile]

With the new law in effect, a buddy organized a suppressor demonstration day for some F&G Officers.

He asked me to help by bringing my NFA items and some steel targets. He and his other friend brought their NFA items also.

There was a short discussion of the laws related to suppressor ownership and then the officers had the opportunity to shoot various suppressed rifles and pistols.

A few of the officers I spoke to were neutral in their opinion of suppressor hunting and the new law.

Many were surprised to learn that NH was the 40th state to allow suppressor hunting.

They were impressed with the sound reduction provided by suppressors.

IMG_20160726_125352965.jpg

IMG_20160726_134259147_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160726_134808651_HDR.jpg

Kyle Aspinwell (Glock District Manager) was there and gave a short presentation on the newest pistols.

We had an opportunity to shoot them and he also bought the pizza for lunch!

Andy, what was the reason they were neutral (if they shared that info)? I am only assuming they were neutral because they were face to face with guys who want to hunt with suppressors.

Andy, what was the reason they were neutral (if they shared that info)? I am only assuming they were neutral because they were face to face with guys who want to hunt with suppressors.

One stated that his poaching arrests resulted from investigation methods other than chasing gunshots.

I still don't fully understand why F&G is so opposed to hunting with suppressors. Their poaching argument doesn't hold much water being that suppressors have been legal in NH for years. Only thing I can come up with is they just love being dicks.

Back
Top Bottom