• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Have you ever had your holster/gun catch on anything while you were carrying?

I went to home depot with my wife to return some slate tiles that we did not need.

As I am walking into the store with the box of tiles I see a young employee with a shopping cart and asked him if i could use it. so as I bend over the shopping cart to put the box into it I hear a click sound. My holsters belt clip locks onto the wire meshing of the carrage. Not only does it go over the first wire mesh it sticks under the second one. Its a new holster that i just started wearing and I carry IWB appendix. The belt clip is very tight because its so new. Now I am literally stuck to the cart. I only have a t-shirt on and try to detach myself without revealing the gun. No matter how I move I can't get the thing to let go. I would have just lifted everything out but I have the employee and others starting to watch me and figure out whats up. The last thing I want to start is its a guy with a gun scene. I got it loose and moved on without issue. Me and my wife had a good laugh about it. It got me to thinking that stuff like this must happen all of the time.

I went to home depot with my wife to return some slate tiles that we did not need.

As I am walking into the store with the box of tiles I see a young employee with a shopping cart and asked him if i could use it. so as I bend over the shopping cart to put the box into it I hear a click sound. My holsters belt clip locks onto the wire meshing of the carrage. Not only does it go over the first wire mesh it sticks under the second one. Its a new holster that i just started wearing and I carry IWB appendix. The belt clip is very tight because its so new. Now I am literally stuck to the cart. I only have a t-shirt on and try to detach myself without revealing the gun. No matter how I move I can't get the thing to let go. I would have just lifted everything out but I have the employee and others starting to watch me and figure out whats up. The last thing I want to start is its a guy with a gun scene. I got it loose and moved on without issue. Me and my wife had a good laugh about it. It got me to thinking that stuff like this must happen all of the time.

I've never caught my iwb on anything but I have sat down in restaurants and had my muzzle or mag smack wood and make thuds lol

Juat when I dry homp shopping carts or varmint fences.[rofl]
That is funny. Those of us who are big boned don't have that happen too often.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

No, but one day the manager of my credit union smacked her hand on the gun butt and I could hear the "smack"! She thought it was my cell phone so I just let it go, but she knows that I carry.

It also happened the same way to a female friend.

I only cringed because it must have hurt based on the noise.

The IWBs I use now have one-way snaps so this couldn't happen, but my old cheap IWBs . . . I could definitely see the possibilities.

I crouched down at the dog park and leaned against the chain link fence. When I went to stand my grip got stuck in the fence.

Nobody saw my gun.

I've only been carrying for about a year and a half, but no good stories yet. However, ask Atilla about the time he ended up on Fenway's Kiss Cam while flashing his piece and 9,000 people got a good look.

I suspect that everyone who has ever carried at 3-4 o'clock has gotten entangled in a chair at least once.

AIWB (with a fixed-loop Shaggy) is the best solution I've found.

I get the grip of my glock 17 snagged on the door frame of my girlfriends Hyundai almost every time I step in. Tiny car + 6'2" 250lb Jeff = a scene. Especially while carrying at 3-4 o'clock.

Back
Top Bottom