• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Has someone had a LEO encounter with a non serialized firearm

Go test it out lol and let me know which one costs you more

Lol you could get out for 5 grand or 150 grand, but "the gun you used" is not statistically likely to be the biggest variable.

That's like telling a guy that if he gets into a car wreck he's going to face more liability because he had a sports car vs a shitty crapover SUV.... it just doesn't wash, there's too much other stuff going on.

Like a common ayoob glue sniffer thing is to talk about Harold fish and how he made things complicated because he shot Kuenzli with a 10mm. The reality was outside of that, Fish f***ed up nearly every part of his legal defense. The reason Fish went to jail had very little to do with the gun he was carrying, Ayoob fumes aside.

The test would be has any unlucky soul had an encounter with a modern NSN firearm that was "registered" and what was the result lol
Either a traffic stop, surrender due to RO, lawful use, other MA BS, etc.

Still don't get it. There's no debate about their current legality, but I digress...

Lol you could get out for 5 grand or 150 grand, but "the gun you used" is not statistically likely to be the biggest variable.

That's like telling a guy that if he gets into a car wreck he's going to face more liability because he had a sports car vs a shitty crapover SUV.... it just doesn't wash, there's too much other stuff going on.

Like a common ayoob glue sniffer thing is to talk about Harold fish and how he made things complicated because he shot Kuenzli with a 10mm. The reality was outside of that, Fish f***ed up nearly every part of his legal defense. The reason Fish went to jail had very little to do with the gun he was carrying, Ayoob fumes aside.
A dude driving a Ferrari won't get out the same as a guy in a prius most likely... and caliber doesn't matter for shit.. but if they can paint you a a nut job in your basement making unserialized guns and loading your own ammo yeah they will use that against you.

A dude driving a Ferrari won't get out the same as a guy in a prius most likely... and caliber doesn't matter for shit.. but if they can paint you a a nut job in your basement making unserialized guns and loading your own ammo yeah they will use that against you.
hmm. i personally know a guy who owns a pretty nice street/track scuderia and his daily driver is a prius. then what?

hmm. i personally know a guy who owns a pretty nice street/track scuderia and his daily driver is a prius. then what?
Depends on which one he crashes lol.

Its all perception right... some nerd in a prius crashes its whatever... some dude in a Ferrari crashes your minds eye goes to him doing burnouts and getting road head lol... meanwhile the reality is your probably not driving your Ferrari fast around here because when you hit a pot hole your out 20k for a rim... and the dude in the prius is probably texting drinking Starbucks screaming at everyone on the road lol... doesn't matter though you think the dude in the Ferrari is a menace

I'm not sure what the actual question is. As far as the title question goes....

Has someone had a LEO encounter with a non serialized firearm

I have 4 or 5 "LEO"s of various varieties in my extended family. I also build some interesting toys, some of which I've posted here and there (yeah - they are not "worth it" in general - it's called a hobby). At family gatherings I'll occasionally show off my latest project. Without exception, any "LEO" present has claimed that my completely legal build is illegal. Even after walking them through various BATFE web-pages & letters about home-built guns, they are still dubious.

So I'd guess that in any encounter "in the wild" (not with a relative), you're going to be getting harassed to some degree if you have a modern, no-serial-number gun. Just due to ignorance.

If you have a "leo encounter with a firearm" in any serious way you have bigger problems to worry about.

Even the hairiest one I've ever had where I thought the dude was going fishing trawler on me the guy still didn't want to see my
gun.
Fishing trawler? Is that like a blumpkin?

Back
Top Bottom