has anyone fired one of these?

I've have and I was not impressed. One of my chums was thinking of buying one and we were able to try it out at the range first. I have to say this first: I'm biased - I do not like Taurus handguns; never have and probably never will.

The grip is weird - it's got floppy little rubber ribs around it. I have a cheese grater with the same grip and I don't like that either.

The recoil wasn't bad, but then again I regularly shoot loads with 3 times more powder and 1-1/2 times the bullet weight out of my 4" S&W 500. Even so, the recoil with a .410 was manageable even for my 12-year old son.

I couldn't hit anything with it using either .45 LC or .410 slugs. There's only a frame notch for a rear sight and it's not really deep enough to get a good sight picture. I don't think you're supposed to really use the sights on a gun like this but I tried.

The ad in the link said to "HEAD FOR THE CLAY BIRD RANGE"!?! Good luck! The only way you're going to break clay with this is to balance it on the end of the barrel.

The trigger was poor and the fit and finish were less than impressive. My friend ended up not buying it.

"The recoil wasn't bad, but then again I regularly shoot loads with 3 times more powder and 1-1/2 times the bullet weight out of my 4" S&W 500."

I remember the story you told me about breaking the florecient light-tube above you with your "12 Guage Slug Load" [rofl]

Yeah .410 Ain't Sh*7 after the .500 [smile]

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Yeah .410 Ain't Sh*7 after the .500 [smile]

Not to hijack the thread but I was at the range after work a little while back trying out some full house loads with the .500. I mean, we're talking super-duper-put-a-skull-and-crossbones-sticker-on-the-box loads. I was using these nasty, pointy, serrated 385 gr Remington hollow points in front of 42 grains of H110. To give you an idea of what that's like, H110 was designed for the .30 Carbine, and the mid-high load for the .30 Carbine uses 14 grains. These .500 loads had 3 times the powder of what you'd use for a hot .30 Carbine.

It was nearing dusk when I touched the first one off and it produced the biggest fireball I've ever seen come out of a handgun. It actually singed the little hairs on my fingers. An old guy came running over to see if I was all right because he thought my gun blew up!

I can't even imagine! K-Dub and I were talking behind you when you fed a cylender with some of the really warm loads you were shooting at the pumpkin shoot.

We just stopped mid sentence.....[shocked]

Wow, yeah I need to get one of thems!

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Back
Top Bottom