Littleton County Rd

When:
August 29-30, 2009 8:30AM

Range Fee: None

Camping available:
not on site.

Hotels:
TBA

Directions: Take I-495 to Route 2 west. Immediately take exit 39. Turn left at the end of the ramp onto Taylor St. Take your first left onto Porter Rd. and follow it to the end. At the end of Porter Rd., turn left onto Whitcomb Ave. (Whitcomb Ave. becomes Littleton County Road). After 1.3 miles, look for a driveway on the left side (small sign, dirt road, easy to miss). If you reach Old Schoolhouse Hill Rd. or Cleaves Hill Rd., you've gone too far.

State Laws to be aware of:
Your rifles MUST, repeat MUST, be locked unloaded in your trunk or other secured container. Don't even think of bringing a handgun with you unless you have a Massachusetts Non-Resident LTC. No reciprocity. Print out the event info page as "proof of competition."
NO HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES MANUFACTURED AFTER 1994!!!
No "assault weapons" - we still have an AWB. ARs cannot have a flash hider, collapsible stock or a bayonet lug unless they are "pre-ban". Non-residents CANNOT purchase ammo in this state. They have to bring it with them... or go to New Hampshire overnight. Check other State Laws.

Misc:
25 meter only

Who to contact for more information: Crak or Dwarven1 on the appleseedinfo.org or northeastshooters.com forums, or email: [email protected]

Last edited:
Back at Harvard in August. Will update this with registration link over the weekend, but mark your calendars. We only grabbed enough ranges this time for 50 shooters, so I dare you to sell us out and make us scramble for more. [smile]

Just signed up for Sunday only as I can not attend Saturday. Going to get the extra 6 points this time!

Just registered today!
There are several women and one man I know who also are interested. One of the women also registered today.

The women do not own any rifles. Any idea if there will be some available for them to borrow for the shoot?

Thanks

I think we will find a way to use dwarven1's (and maybe even Nickle's) loaners even if he can't make it, so yes.

I'd also encourage y'all to look at Athol too. Plenty of room!

Cool. The person who registered yesterday with me wants to get her own rifle soon, so hopefully we will only need to borrrow one for the shoot.

Thanks

Now the tough decision about which rifles to bring. [thinking]

I may just use an AR the whole time, b/c I don't have a .22 with peep sights.

I may just use an AR the whole time, b/c I don't have a .22 with peep sights.

With the round counts we have it would actually be cheaper to buy and equip a 10/22 with tech-sights as well as pick up a few thousand rounds of .22 ammo then it would be to buy all the ammo you need for a weekend of appleseed.

Yeah, but I'll have to convince SWMBO that I need a new gun for the shoot. [sad2]

It's unfortunately not just a matter of simple economics. [hmmm] I have plenty of .223 on hand already, but I prefer not to cut into my stockpile if I can help it.

I have two semi-auto .22s (Remingtons), but one has open sights and the other a scope. Plus, they both have tube mags, and neither has a sling.

Maybe I'll just bring a variety of stuff to the shoot to see what works out best.

Last edited:
I'm of the "just shoot the AR" mind. You'll have to learn it eventually anyway. Might as well be now. Turn the ammo into skill. The loophole if you want to go with .22 and not buy another gun is a .22 bolt for the AR with 4 ten round black dog mags.

"What new gun?"

BTW, it sounds like you have plenty of loaners to bring for your friends! [smile]

Cool. The person who registered yesterday with me wants to get her own rifle soon, so hopefully we will only need to borrrow one for the shoot.
I should have another loaner LTR ready to go by then (bought a 10/22 for REAL short money yesterday), but there's another 10/22 at Callaghan's in Marlborough with a $165 price tag on it. Why not take that person to the shop with you and have her buy it? You can help her make it into an LTR.

I have two semi-auto .22s (Remingtons), but one has open sights and the other a scope. Plus, they both have tube mags, and neither has a sling.

Maybe I'll just bring a variety of stuff to the shoot to see what works out best.
So either get peep sights for one of them, add a sling and you're golden. You CAN use tube mags at an AS. It may not be as convenient as box mags, but I don't recall ever promising ANYONE that becoming a Rifleman was easy OR convenient.

Ross

tagging for a scheduled time off request... I happen to have the week of the 10-14th of August - is there any going on around that time?

August 8th and 9th in Jericho, VT and Colebrook, CT.

Colebrook has 200 yard positions for Sunday and Jericho has a 600 yard range. Bring something with a little reach. (My M1 is coming up to VT with me.)

Aug 15 & 16 in Bennington, VT.

Thanks for the links Dwarven - Anything special a MA resident needs to do know about attending one in VT, or should I just read up. :)

Thanks for the links Dwarven - Anything special a MA resident needs to do know about attending one in VT, or should I just read up. :)

Be really careful that all that free air doesn't go to your head, or you might not come back.

Watch out for whatever rifles or magazines that you buy up there - it's a free state, and while a 20 or 30 round mag might be OK in VT, it's sure to turn you into a ravening monster, bent on killing cats and chihuahuas once you cross the border.

Rifles have been known to have eeeevil bayonet lugs up in VT, where the secret incantations of the Liberals keep them harmless, but once back in MA? It's "Deval bar the door"! You bring one of them eeeevil assault weapons back here to the home of Isaac Davis and Paul Revere, and it'll be chaos. Dogs and cats, sleeping together... voters holding their elected representatives accountable for their actions... all the things that would horrify "Spend it all Deval" and Martha "We really discourage self-help" Coakley.

OK, seriously... don't have a loaded rifle or shotgun in your car. Don't bring a silencer with you. (yeah, right...). That about covers it.

Last edited:
Be really careful that all that free air doesn't go to your head, or you might not come back.

Watch out for whatever rifles or magazines that you buy up there - it's a free state, and while a 20 or 30 round mag might be OK in VT, it's sure to turn you into a ravening monster, bent on killing cats and chihuahuas once you cross the border.

Rifles have been known to have eeeevil bayonet lugs up in VT, where the secret incantations of the Liberals keep them harmless, but once back in MA? It's "Deval bar the door"! You bring one of them eeeevil assault weapons back here to the home of Isaac Davis and Paul Revere, and it'll be chaos. Dogs and cats, sleeping together... voters holding their elected representatives accountable for their actions... all the things that would horrify "Spend it all Deval" and Martha "We really discourage self-help" Coakley.

OK, seriously... don't have a loaded rifle or shotgun in your car. Don't bring a silencer with you. (yeah, right...). That about covers it.

Thanks for taking out the time to review for me.. You are an asset to the cause!

Now back to your normal scheduled Rallying.

Plenty of room here. Get your registration in as soon as you can, though, because if we get too many for one line, we have to open up another... which means we need more instructors. So... if you want to go, register now!

I'll be there as an Instructor In Training! I should have a handful of loaners with me as well.

Saturday is the most important day if you've never been to an AS. Saturday is full of instruction and history. It's the foundation on which to build. Sunday is fine tuning on what you learned the day before and shooting lots of AQTs.

Still haven't had enough people sign up to warrant going to the second line...

Rumor has it that the Shoot Boss will be introducing a Virginia-style goodie. Y'all don't want to miss that, now do ya?

No, I'm not telling what it is. [wink]

please excuse the ignorance but what is this event, i've heard of it but never got details. i shoot mostly pistol but like to mix it up every once in a while

Back
Top Bottom