• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HANSON MG SHOOT & GUN SHOW, May 27 & 28

This is year's shoot and gun show will be a two day event Memorial Day Weekend, May 27th & 28th. Shoot/Show running on Saturday 9am-4pm and Sunday Noon-4pm.

The club is 1/2 a mile off Route 27 in Hanson, driveway is off ELM ST.

Addmission is $8, on site parking is free. We will also have a shuttle bus running between the club and Hanson MBTA Commuter Rail Station, for those who wish to take public transportation.

The GUN SHOW will be held up in (and around) the Club House. And the Shoot down on the high power range, there will several "educational" demonstrations on the range as well.

In addition there will be the ussual raffles, door prizes, T-shirts, food, etc, Oh yea and a Tank or two...

As for the shoot there will be 200+/- Machineguns on the line, including 3 mini guns. Virtually every line possition will be "renting" guns to the public, so bring some cash if you want to play (there is an ATM on site, as well). However just a reminder that Hanson Town Ordnance prohibits those under 21 from shooting MG's, but those under 21 are still welcome to come watch.

For directions and official information visit:
www.hansonrodandgunclub.org/machinegun.html

2006314114639_flyer1.jpg

Just wondering... how big is the gun show itself? A dealer I know is working the show so i'm guessing its decent size. I know its nothing like the Big E shows, but will it be at least as big as the ones at the Holbrook club?

Milsurps 4 Me said:
Just wondering... how big is the gun show itself? A dealer I know is working the show so i'm guessing its decent size. I know its nothing like the Big E shows, but will it be at least as big as the ones at the Holbrook club?

The show won't be huge (like Big E, etc) but similar in size to the shows held at other clubs. It is being held in our club house, with some overflow outside.

Just found out I won't be able to make it this weekend. I'm pretty upset, but it's because the grandfather of a pair of sisters I work with just passed away and they're heading to NJ for a good chunk of a week, so I'm working all day Saturday now to cover their shifts. Maybe next year [crying]

dreppucci007 said:
Just found out I won't be able to make it this weekend. I'm pretty upset, but it's because the grandfather of a pair of sisters I work with just passed away and they're heading to NJ for a good chunk of a week, so I'm working all day Saturday now to cover their shifts. Maybe next year [crying]

Well come to the shoot Sunday then, who needs sleep??? I know I won't be getting any, the way things are planned, to ensure there is always someone there "in charge" I'll be there from friday afternoon straight through Sunday night [sad]

securityboy said:
Well come to the shoot Sunday then, who needs sleep??? I know I won't be getting any, the way things are planned, to ensure there is always someone there "in charge" I'll be there from friday afternoon straight through Sunday night [sad]

I work every Sunday from 9-6...The Saturday I had taken off from work so I could go...So unless there'll be a Monday shoot, I won't be there. [crying]

dreppucci007 said:
I work every Sunday from 9-6...The Saturday I had taken off from work so I could go...So unless there'll be a Monday shoot, I won't be there. [crying]

Sorry no monday shoot, I can't stay awake that long...[wink]

But there is always next year...

dreppucci007 said:
Dave, I solemnly swear to shoot twice as much as I was planning to, in your honor [wink]

Was watching the weather for this weekend and theyre saying rain for Saturday morning. [frown] I still plan on going but will probably be going alone and don't want to stand around waiting for the line to start up while it rains. I imagine the club house gun show will be pretty packed and probably won't take much time to look through.
Any ideas on what will be going on in the mean time while everyone's waiting for the weather to break?

Milsurps 4 Me said:
Was watching the weather for this weekend and theyre saying rain for Saturday morning. [frown] I still plan on going but will probably be going alone and don't want to stand around waiting for the line to start up while it rains. I imagine the club house gun show will be pretty packed and probably won't take much time to look through.
Any ideas on what will be going on in the mean time while everyone's waiting for the weather to break?

The shoot is rain or shine and we mean it. They never stoped a war because it was raining.

Milsurps 4 Me said:

I was at Hanson 4 years ago in the rain and it was a cold, muddy pit. I'd wait for a dry day like Sunday, especially if I were taking my daughters. Pelham has one of their MG shoots scheduled for 11 June.

Last edited:
Observations from this morning:

1. Mini-guns really DO shriek like in "Blackhawk Down!"

2. If they had two or three people taking money, instead of just one, the line to get in would be shorter and move faster.

3. If they actually TOLD you the registration area was in the range hiding on the left under the clubhouse, it would be a LOT easier to sign in.

4. The ban on .50 caliber guns is just stupid. I hardly think the deep BOOM! of a .50 BMG is worse than someone trying to melt the barrel on a 1919 by running a full 100-round belt through it all at once. Also, see #1. [wink]

5. A day without automatic weapons fire is a day without sunshine!

I had a great time. Shot a M1919, MP5 and a Krink.
My buddy tried out a MG42 and a AK47.

Scrivener is right on about the mini-gun, that freakin thing rocked

My wife and I went in the morning.

Had your pick more of what to shoot. In past years lines by mid-morning might end up where you had to wait to shoot 'til the afternoon.

The club set it up good and they had a lot of help there.

The lower indoor range has about 3 gun dealers. Is not a gun show like Holbrook, Bridgewater, Braintree, etc.

This time you have to go to the clubhouse and sign the waiver plus view a video, then they will give you a wristband to go to the range and pick out what to shoot.

Dana

Scrivener said:

4. The ban on .50 caliber guns is just stupid. I hardly think the deep BOOM! of a .50 BMG is worse than someone trying to melt the barrel on a 1919 by running a full 100-round belt through it all at once. Also, see #1. [wink]

[/I][/B]!

The 50 ban is not perminent. And was not because of noise. They were banned because at that range with AP rounds is not safe If you have ever seen a 50 tracer bounce at that distance you would think it isn't safe either. The 50's will be back. The club is going to rebuild the range and add another pistol range and at that time the 50's will return.

Scrivener said:

3. If they actually TOLD you the registration area was in the range hiding on the left under the clubhouse, it would be a LOT easier to sign in.

!

As far as being told it is next to impossable to get the word to everyone and at an event of this size there are a lot of shift changes which kind of screw things up all of your input is appreciated and we will try to address them all.

trigger said:
The 50 ban is not perminent [sic]. And was not because of noise.

I was told it was the noise of .50s generally and the quad .50 particularly. My source may - or may NOT - have been correct.

The 50's will be back. The club is going to rebuild the range and add another pistol range and at that time the 50's will return.

We live in hope......

Scrivener said:
I was told it was the noise of .50s generally and the quad .50 particularly. My source may - or may NOT - have been correct.

We live in hope......

Ill tell you Your source is all wet. There have been a number of rumors going around even one saying that the event was canceled. I belong to the club and chair the MGN commity that is putting on the event. Hope to see ya all there.

Scrivener I'm hurt you didn't come say hello [crying] [crying]

To anyone going today, I'll be hanging with the boys again, working my fingers to the bone (almost literally, I can see a fragment popping out of my thumb...)

And please don't shoot the Glock 18. I'm sick of stuffing those mags. They're impossible. Shoot the HK 51 or the M16 or even the BAR. Anything easy to load... Thank you [wink]

Scrivener I'm hurt you didn't come say hello

Where were you? I saw women at the table where I paid for my mags, but none loading.

Oh - tell whoever put up the signs, thanks so much for doing so AFTER we arrived. I got there at 9AM (15" later than I would have if the signs had actually been posted BEFORE the event started) and ended up going into Hanson itself.

If you're coming from the South, the sign that says "TO 27 / Hanson" is:

1. On the LEFT; and

2. BEHIND a tree.

You won't see it until you go home......

On the bright side, I got premium for $3.03/gallon just outside of town!

Went with my Dad SAt noon. Drove right in - no line. Parking was fine in the upper lot.

I met Securityboy but without some form of NES ID, I have no idea how many of you I missed.

Dad was very pleased to see the 2 tanks there. He had several real life experiences with them in France.

He said he's real glad that he didn't have to face one of those miniguns over there !

Pilgrim said:
Went with my Dad SAt noon. Drove right in - no line. Parking was fine in the upper lot.

Yes, it was JUST starting to thin a bit when we left about 11:15 or so; no line to get in and a few cars leaving.

Dad was very pleased to see the 2 tanks there. He had several real life experiences with them in France.

The first one in was actually a scout car with a "machine gun" cobbled together from what looked like a 1919 receiver welded to an M2 cooling shroud and some pipe for a barrel in a ring mount. The second vehicle, which came in a minute or two later, was a Stuart tank.

Back
Top Bottom