• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Had to do it...DELIVERED 9/16/16

That's good. On my '43 91/30 you can kind of tell that they were rushing a little, but it's not really bad or unsafe or anything. Just maybe not quite as pretty as a pre-war hex receiver where they could afford to take their time

well remember they couldn't take their time, they were fighting off a ground invasion from Germany. We didn't have that problem here, we were taking the war to them.

got my DBU...

We have received and verified your recent order. There is nothing that we will be able to tell you about the order until we have input all orders received ahead of yours into the system. Your order will now advance to our sales area and from there to our shipping area. You will receive other emails as the order progresses. It will go on back order at this time and could be up to 6 months before it ships.

i'm ok with the wait...really hoping they fill my request for an H&R with GI furniture, but i'd settle for another Springfield :D

pretty darn happy right now, as I got a little miffed when I saw that their orders had been shut off again so quickly.

next time i'm sending in the order the day sales open up again...certified overnight.

i'll use this thread to post updates as they happen.

got my DBU...

We have received and verified your recent order. There is nothing that we will be able to tell you about the order until we have input all orders received ahead of yours into the system. Your order will now advance to our sales area and from there to our shipping area. You will receive other emails as the order progresses. It will go on back order at this time and could be up to 6 months before it ships.

i'm ok with the wait...really hoping they fill my request for an H&R with GI furniture, but i'd settle for another Springfield :D

pretty darn happy right now, as I got a little miffed when I saw that their orders had been shut off again so quickly.

next time i'm sending in the order the day sales open up again...certified overnight.

i'll use this thread to post updates as they happen.

Nice, congrats! Must be a good feeling.

But damn, up to six months? Not looking good for a potential New Years/birthday (Feb) present.

I've thought about doing the overnight route, too, but I'm thinking as long as I check regularly I should get it in in time. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't see them opening it only for 2-3 days, I would think they'd get caught up to be open for at least a few weeks. I was going to pickup one of the prepaid priority mail envelopes or something like it to send. I've bookmarked the sales page and I'm just going to check it every morning after grabbing a cup of coffee.

Do keep us updated, I'm interested to see how it all goes.

Nice, congrats! Must be a good feeling.

But damn, up to six months? Not looking good for a potential New Years/birthday (Feb) present.

I've thought about doing the overnight route, too, but I'm thinking as long as I check regularly I should get it in in time. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't see them opening it only for 2-3 days, I would think they'd get caught up to be open for at least a few weeks. I was going to pickup one of the prepaid priority mail envelopes or something like it to send. I've bookmarked the sales page and I'm just going to check it every morning after grabbing a cup of coffee.

Do keep us updated, I'm interested to see how it all goes.

My longest wait was mailed in order jan2 recieved rifle july 3

My longest wait was mailed in order jan2 recieved rifle july 3

My grumbling was selfish in nature, hoping they'd be back sooner rather than later. Like dakar, I wouldn't mind waiting if I were in the figurative line. When I first looked a year or two ago, they were running 6 month wait.

Although, waiting on an order to ship didn't work out for me too well on 7/20, when I was seven weeks into an eight week shipping wait for an item...

First CMP M1 : 4-5 month wait? I forget, but I did receive a nearly correct HRA in cosmoline.

Case added!
Nice! Congrats. I've been perusing the New Order Timeline on the CMP forums and it looks like there's been some movement the last few days. Mostly Field Grades, but nice info nevertheless. Still can't post on the forums there.

Do they overnight them or is it 2-3 day shipping similar to the HXP? Hoping now that the holidays are over they start cranking through [mg]

they are shipped over night and a "before" 10am delivery. Although there is no guarantee.

they are shipped over night and a "before" 10am delivery. Although there is no guarantee.
Also, should one expect an email each step, i.e., DBU, hit estore, hit card, case added, etc., or just DBU and shipping? I've seen some people not getting ORD RCV and DBU emails.

Just sit back like the rest of us and refresh your estore account 20x a day until you receive the rifle

Also, should one expect an email each step, i.e., DBU, hit estore, hit card, case added, etc., or just DBU and shipping? I've seen some people not getting ORD RCV and DBU emails.

i have a fedex account so i get notification when a shippving label is created and then a tracking number.

So, I kind of cheated...and the only reason I'm admitting it is because I don't want you guys getting frustrated that you haven't received your rifles yet.

I called the CMP and informed them of my overseas deployment happening VERY shortly (just got my orders today) and asked if they could delay the shipment of my rifle until my return. The nice lady who shall remain anonymous instead insisted on expediting my order and put it at the top of the pile of orders to get picked/shipped. Please realize I actually had no other option at this point due to the fact that I'll be vacating the continent and would not be around to receive the rifle had it been shipped while I was away on orders.

Long story long...a July 1944 Springfield is on its way and I should have it in my hands by tomorrow morning at 10:30...just in time to not have enough time to grease it up and take it to the range...so don't be too jealous.

Also, it may have been mentioned where I'm going in another thread, but it's not a sandbox...and it's not a hostile environment...I just didn't want you guys asking Granny Gertrude and the church lady group to pray my life be spared by some goatdick sucking hadjis in some desolate shithole others have been unlucky enough to get shipped off too. If anything, I guess you can pray I don't come back with an STD or a tattoo I don't know the meaning of.

If I have a chance in the morning, I'll snap a few pictures and post em up...my 'green' membership runs out tomorrow, so I might not be able to...it depends if my membership lasts through the 5th, or expires tonight. I plan to re-up my status when I get back...I just don't have much use for it for the foreseeable future.

Regardless...be patient...the lady said they're moving right along, and they were VERY close to my order (#[FONT=&quot]628060) when I called anyway...but I think I got a week or two advantage over the rest of you guys that have been waiting.[/FONT]

So, I kind of cheated...and the only reason I'm admitting it is because I don't want you guys getting frustrated that you haven't received your rifles yet.

I called the CMP and informed them of my overseas deployment happening VERY shortly (just got my orders today) and asked if they could delay the shipment of my rifle until my return. The nice lady who shall remain anonymous instead insisted on expediting my order and put it at the top of the pile of orders to get picked/shipped. Please realize I actually had no other option at this point due to the fact that I'll be vacating the continent and would not be around to receive the rifle had it been shipped while I was away on orders.

Long story long...a July 1944 Springfield is on its way and I should have it in my hands by tomorrow morning at 10:30...just in time to not have enough time to grease it up and take it to the range...so don't be too jealous.

Also, it may have been mentioned where I'm going in another thread, but it's not a sandbox...and it's not a hostile environment...I just didn't want you guys asking Granny Gertrude and the church lady group to pray my life be spared by some goatdick sucking hadjis in some desolate shithole others have been unlucky enough to get shipped off too. If anything, I guess you can pray I don't come back with an STD or a tattoo I don't know the meaning of.

If I have a chance in the morning, I'll snap a few pictures and post em up...my 'green' membership runs out tomorrow, so I might not be able to...it depends if my membership lasts through the 5th, or expires tonight. I plan to re-up my status when I get back...I just don't have much use for it for the foreseeable future.

Regardless...be patient...the lady said they're moving right along, and they were VERY close to my order (#[FONT="]628060) when I called anyway...but I think I got a week or two advantage over the rest of you guys that have been waiting.[/FONT]

Just drop it off to me for some loving storage and I will feed it well while your gone.

HAH! The first thing I did when I saw the serial number was google July 1944 and hit the Wikipedia link!

Pretty amazing...SO much history happening every single day back then.

No pictures of the rifle yet (it seems before 10:30 means between 10:15 and 10:30 as the package is in W. Boylston and I live in Worcester)...but I'm going to head home at lunch to do the unboxing and shove it in the safe. It appears as though my green membership is going to last through the day, so I SHOULD be able to post up some pictures this afternoon sometime!

Thank you all for your support...but like I said, don't feel bad for me. In a few days time I'll be farther away from home than I've ever been...but it's summer there. Although not probable, it's certainly possible my M1 Garand has already been where I'm going...it would have gone into service right along the timeline it would take it to reach this place.

What was happening when your M1 was being built...

July 1944

1: The Leningrad diarist Tanya Savicheva dies of starvation at the age of 14. Her diary of her family's death during the siege becomes famous.
2: V-1's continue to have devastating effects in South-East England in terms of material destruction and losses of life.
3: Minsk in Belarus is liberated by Soviet forces.
: The Allies find themselves in the "battle of the hedgerows", as they are stymied by the agricultural hedges in Western France which intelligence had not properly evaluated.
: Siena, Italy falls to Algerian troops of the French forces.
6: Largest Banzai charge of the war: 4,300 Japanese troops are slaughtered on Saipan.
7: Soviet troops enter Vilnius, Lithuania.
9: After heavy resistance Caen, France is liberated by the British troops on the left flank of the Allied advance.
: Saipan is declared secure, the Japanese having lost over 30,000 troops; in the last stages numerous civilians commit suicide with the encouragement of Japanese military.
10: Japanese are still resisting on New Guinea.
: Tokyo is bombed for the first time since the Doolittle raid of April, 1942.
11: President Roosevelt announces that he will run for an unprecedented fourth term as U.S. President.
12: Hitler rejects General Field Marshal Walther Model’s proposal to withdraw the German forces from Estonia and Northern Latvia and retreat to the Daugava River.
13: The Soviets take Vilnius, Lithuania.
: The Lvov-Sandomierz Offensive begins.
16: First troops of the Brazilian Expeditionary Force (FEB) arrive in Italy
17: Field Marshal Rommel is badly wounded when his car is strafed from the air in France.
18: General Hideki Tojo resigns as chief minister of the Japanese government as the defeats of the Japanese military forces continue to mount. Emperor Hirohito asks General Kuniaki Koiso to form a new government.
: St. Lo, France is taken, and the Allied breakout from hedgerow country in Normandy begins.
19: American forces take Leghorn (Livorno), Italy far up the Italian boot.
20: The July 20 Plot is carried out by Col. Claus von Stauffenberg in a failed attempt to assassinate Hitler. Hitler was visiting headquarters at Rastenburg, East Prussia. Reprisals follow against the plotters and their families, and even include Rommel.
21: US Marines land on Guam.
22: Hitler gives permission to retreat from the Narva River to the Tannenberg defence line in the Sinimäed hills 20 km West from Narva.
23: The Poles rise up against the Germans in the Lwow Uprising
24: Marines land on Tinian Island, last of the Marianas (after Saipan and Guam); Tinian will eventually be a B-29 base, and the base from which the atomic bombers departed.
: Operation Cobra is now in full swing: the breakout at St. Lo in Normandy with American troops taking Coutances.
: At the start of the Soviet Narva Offensive, July 24–30, the Soviet 8th Army is beaten by the Estonian 45th Regiment and East Prussian 44th Regiment. The army detachment "Narwa" begins to retreat to the Tannenberg line.[11]
: Majdanek Concentration Camp is liberated by Soviet forces, the first among many. The Soviet Union is now in control of several large cities in Poland, including Lublin.
: US bombers mistakenly bomb American troops near St. Lo, France.

26: The first aerial victory for a jet fighter occurs, with an Me 262 of the Luftwaffe's Ekdo 262 damaging a de Havilland Mosquito reconnaissance aircraft of the Royal Air Force's No. 540 Squadron RAF.
: The Leningrad Front's Narva Offensive captures the town.[11]
27 July to 10 August: Battles on the Tannenberg Line. At the start of the battles there are 25 Estonian and 24 Dutch, Danish and Flemish infantry battalions on the German side at the Narva Front. The artillery forces, and the tank, engineer and other special units are composed mainly of Germans. The attack by the Soviet Armed Forces is stopped, tens of thousands of men are killed in both sides.
28: The Red Army take Brest-Litovsk, the site of the Russo-German peace treaty in World War I.
: The first operational use of the Me 163B Komet rocket fighter occurs by units of JG 400 in defense of the Leuna synthetic fuel facilities, the Third Reich's largest synthetic fuels complex.
29: A decisive day in the Battle of Narva, allowing the German army detachment "Narwa", including Estonian conscript formations to delay the Soviet Baltic Offensive for another one and a half months.[11]

Thanks Wiki.

1944 my great uncle was in northern italy after a short stint in N. Africa.
He was pulled from his unit and returned the the US for training. then shipped back to Italy early 1944 from what my Aunt tells us.
He remained there until the end of the War then went back to Japan for 7 months. He makes no mention to what he did.
From what my cousin tells me My great uncle was in from 1942-47
10th Mt. Div.
Only thing i have seen is some of his weapons qualifiction papers
expert , M1, thompson,BAR, 1911, M1 carbine
marksmen on the grease gun.
My cousin also claims he had a flamethrower clasification?
Any how the story is he gave away all his medals and ribbons shortly after returning form japan. My other cousin said some where donated ?
Im trying to get into his stuff thats stored at my cousins house to see what i can find.

Last edited:
Not quite sure where my grandfather was in July 1944. He was in US Army starting Sept. 16, 1940 and was medically discharged in July 1945. The hospital he was discharged from (Cushing, I'm assuming the one in Framingham) wasn't opened until 1944, I believe, although he could have been convalescing somewhere else prior to that.

Certainly a different life from what I'm used to.

Congrats, Dakar!

I called the CMP and informed them of my overseas deployment happening VERY shortly (just got my orders today) and asked if they could delay the shipment of my rifle until my return. The nice lady who shall remain anonymous instead insisted on expediting my order and put it at the top of the pile of orders to get picked/shipped. Please realize I actually had no other option at this point due to the fact that I'll be vacating the continent and would not be around to receive the rifle had it been shipped while I was away on orders.......................

That is the nice thing about the CMP.

Be careful wherever you're going...and thank you.

T

And this

WOW! I knew it wasn't going to be an H&R like I had stickied for...or GI wood...but i'll be damned if I didn't get the cleanest/newest looking 1944 iron I've ever seen! This thing looks like BRAND NEW!!! It's actually in far better shape cosmetically than my August 1944 I ordered 3 or 4 years ago. WOW...just WOW!!! It'll be tough to match the accuracy of the other springfield...as I shoot 10 ring with that thing all day with regular HXP, but if any rifle will do it, perhaps this will be the one! Didn't have a ton of time to take pictures, but I got the major externals accounted for. Good luck to all you guys still waiting!

IMG_20170105_141456439[1].jpg

IMG_20170105_141604696[1].jpg

m1.jpg

IMG_20170105_141550699_HDR[1].jpg

IMG_20170105_141629993_HDR[1].jpg

IMG_20170105_141537123[1].jpg

WOW! I knew it wasn't going to be an H&R like I had stickied for...or GI wood...but i'll be damned if I didn't get the cleanest/newest looking 1944 iron I've ever seen! This thing looks like BRAND NEW!!! It's actually in far better shape cosmetically than my August 1944 I ordered 3 or 4 years ago. WOW...just WOW!!! It'll be tough to match the accuracy of the other springfield...as I shoot 10 ring with that thing all day with regular HXP, but if any rifle will do it, perhaps this will be the one! Didn't have a ton of time to take pictures, but I got the major externals accounted for. Good luck to all you guys still waiting!

View attachment 187033

View attachment 187034

View attachment 187035

View attachment 187036

View attachment 187038

View attachment 187039

Sweet!! That does look like it's in VERY good condition. Congrats.

Awesome man, congrats! Hope it'll do as a going away present! Best of luck on your travels.

Back
Top Bottom