• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Had to do it...DELIVERED 9/16/16

Looks like CMP build that rifle up from parts. Not a bad thing, the barrel they used was probably NOS or close to it. Should be a great shooter with the new stock too.

i put in my order for my first Garand this week, a CMP special grade, 3 cans of HXP and a M5A1 bayonet.

Probably don't get many requests for Korean War serial numbers, but we will see.

This might be a silly question, but I should worry about getting an uncut op-rod?

When is the first M1 shoot?

i put in my order for my first Garand this week, a CMP special grade, 3 cans of HXP and a M5A1 bayonet.

Probably don't get many requests for Korean War serial numbers, but we will see.

This might be a silly question, but I should worry about getting an uncut op-rod?

When is the first M1 shoot?

No , if you get a uncut rod you can find a generous buyer and or trade for a cut rod and a little cash.

Ammo shipped the day CMP received the order, mostly 1970's head stamps.

Rifle shipped in three days, 1953? production, 4,312,xxx Springfield.

that was quick. I mailed my order form yesterday. did you have to sign for the ammo too or just the rifle?

that was quick. I mailed my order form yesterday. did you have to sign for the ammo too or just the rifle?

CMP sends just about everything Adult signature required.
Ammo sales have most likely stalled after the price increase.
Generally rifle sales are quick to ship as long is its not a rush on them.
If you order a special or one of the sniper models you most likely will get it with in a few days of them receiving your order.

Tempting. 200 yards? I shot a practice match on reduced 100 yard targets the other day.

No 100 yards and it's a "shoot" not a Match you can shoot the course of fire as a match but it's basically a come and try event. Shoot positions,bench what ever. New crew running the show so it might be a little rough around the edges. They are trying to run actual matches.

I'm very doubtful you will get a uncut on a special anyway.
They will reserve most "rare" parts to assembly "correct" rifles or sell it on cmp auction.

Rifle looks great, no pitting that I can find, all springfield parts.

Including a 3 SA un cut op rod...

I would assume I shouldn't shoot with this in the rifle?

Rifle looks great, no pitting that I can find, all springfield parts.

Including a 3 SA un cut op rod...

I would assume I shouldn't shoot with this in the rifle?

its survived this long ? Im not much into collecting or rare parts. I would see what one could get for a refinished uncut op rod then go from there.

http://www.scott-duff.com/oprods.htm

That was a good read thanks. I can't post on the CMP forums for some reason, but I'll see if I can find a buyer on ebay and go from there.

I put some gunny paste on the stock because it was very dry, and greased it up.

Going to the range tomorrow and have some fun.

Hope make the CMP shoot.

That was a good read thanks. I can't post on the CMP forums for some reason, but I'll see if I can find a buyer on ebay and go from there.

I put some gunny paste on the stock because it was very dry, and greased it up.

Going to the range tomorrow and have some fun.

Hope make the CMP shoot.

hanson feb 4th 8am can shoot from the bench, positions what have you 60 rounds 10 sighters 20 slow prone, 10 rapid prone, 10 rapid sitting, 10 standing slow....or just sit at the bench and shoot what ever?

sent the order out last Tuesday, they received and shipped yesterday and it arrived to day. 5/44 Springfield to go along with my 8/43 Springfield. receiver is in great shape, much better that I was expecting. very happy with it. here is some crap cell pics of them both.

IMG_20170125_201226420.jpg IMG_20170125_201241317.jpg IMG_20170125_201322478.jpg IMG_20170125_201329026.jpg

Which one did you get today...

I can't get over how FAT those boyds stocks are. They must be afraid of them cracking!

As of today, the only M1 Garand available for order from CMP is the FG Special......
Did not notice regular FGs had gone. In the timeline looks like they're at late Nov to early Dec orders on field grades, further back for service grades. One gentleman says he got a Nov '39 serial (20942).

Which one did you get today...

I can't get over how FAT those boyds stocks are. They must be afraid of them cracking!

the 44 is the one I got today. the clean one with the new wood. I thought that new stock felt different, now that you said thatI went and looked at them again. that is a fat stock compared to the old gi stock.

Did not notice regular FGs had gone. In the timeline looks like they're at late Nov to early Dec orders on field grades, further back for service grades. One gentleman says he got a Nov '39 serial (20942).
I placed an order for a service grade just before they were listed as sold out on Sept 28th. It was posted to the e-store in early November with no activity since. There has been activity on the timeline for people who ordered a week before so hopefully I am getting closer.

the 44 is the one I got today. the clean one with the new wood. I thought that new stock felt different, now that you said thatI went and looked at them again. that is a fat stock compared to the old gi stock.

That's a decent looking receiver with cmp using pitted receivers.
Boyds stocks are always thick even on their other stocks other than M1.
I don't get why they can't just follow the blue prints for the stocks.

Back
Top Bottom