Had a gun in my face and got away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my part in that line of thought - I didn't care if he was in MA in making that comment - only that you have a firearm loose when you hit something it goes flying which is double plus bad no matter what state you are in...

Not to mention the displeasure of the nice ocifer who comes up to write you a traffic ticket...

You'll notice that I too jumped on the "screw carrying a gun on your lap" bandwagon. [wink] But I think that if you're in a position where you can't draw while belted in, having a car gun secured in a holster or center console could greatly benefit you. If it's out of sight, the cop won't notice when he stops you.

Someone made a good comment WRT to "driving away". Cars don't move away as fast as you'd like - particularly if you stomp on the gas in a panic...

In the scheme of a trigger finger pulling (let's say 200-400mS from eye-ball of perp seeing (or ear hearing) car move) the car won't get very far before his bullet leaves the gun...

Seems to me if you are going to drive away, it needs to be pretty early in the process before he has you sighted in (though you get some wiggle room if he is using Nyte Sytes[laugh] he will likely miss you anyway...)

PM sent. [grin]

Glad you're safe

Late jumping in here, but glad to hear you got out all right. Don’t blame yourself for this incident or any future crimes these bag guys might commit. The feelings you are experiencing are not unlike post traumatic stress and should be handled as such.

My opinion is that people should carry in whatever way is safe and comfortable for them. What works for me may not work for everyone else. When I drove in Iraq and Afghanistan I would tuck my pistol under my left leg. I made sure that I practiced drawing and dry firing from this position as to avoid getting my weapon jammed up in the interior of the door and to ensure that I kept my body clear of the weapon. Fortunately, I never had to fire my weapon from this position. I also had the advantage of having other soldiers with rifles and crew serve weapons in the vehicle.... not often a luxury one could expect in a Mercedes.

I feel you made the best decision to get the heck out of there rather than try and shoot it out. Usually this is the safest option. It sounds like if you had drawn in this two on one scenario you may have been slightly slower than your opponent in drawing your weapon, located in a lower (harder to defend) position, out numbered, out gunned and potentially stuck in a kill zone. Any gunfight you can get away from and live is a good one… even if you never fire a shot.

Glad you’re safe.

Glad you survived without injury. I always wondered if I was just being paranoid when I would put my holstered sig in the drink holder between my seats. I guess it was a better idea than I had realized.

Glad you survived without injury. I always wondered if I was just being paranoid when I would put my holstered sig in the drink holder between my seats. I guess it was a better idea than I had realized.

Not if you absentmindedly try to take a sip of coffee. [wink]

Still no verification of this happening? I'm on the fence here, this is BS until proven otherwise.

Thankfully you are ok.

Thanks for sharing this story. Let's hope it never happens to you, or us, ever again. It does illustrate why it is better to have a gun and not need it, then need a gun and not have it.

i have a mustang as well:

here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsiogA7ipCc

Okay, so you graduated in 2009 and back in 2007 you had ( or have ) a custom tribute mustang. Looking on the You Tube clip, you also worked for the company that built it and it was $95K.

So, either you are a very wealthy young man, and all credit to you if this is the case, or someone with a very serious Walter Mitty issue.

Sorry, but this dog don't hunt ...[rolleyes]

Thank God you are alive, it maybe a good thing you did not do anything. The law always seems to be on the side of the bad guy. You may have ended up doing time for defending yourself. I will start to carry more often now.

Okay, so you graduated in 2009 and back in 2007 you had ( or have ) a custom tribute mustang. Looking on the You Tube clip, you also worked for the company that built it and it was $95K.

So, either you are a very wealthy young man, and all credit to you if this is the case, or someone with a very serious Walter Mitty issue.

[laugh2]

[rofl][laugh2]

Wow...This thread still lives. Did we ever get a police report or news article on this incident? Could be a valuable too for all of us to learn something....

I'm still waiting on that as well.

Glad you're OK. As you probably know most of Bridgeport is a cesspool... stay the hell out of there! Stopping in Bridgeport in a new Mercedes is advertising for someone to rob you.

Rich

That right there.

Glad you escaped unharmed.

so Saturday night, me and a few of the boys from home decided to go out.

boys from home ... home boys ...

Reads like a wigger version of those Playboy fantasy stories about ... my girlfriend and her friend who was visiting from California.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom