Had a gun in my face and got away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you're safe- driving away=smart.

Question- where on earth did you find a 2010 Mercedes?? Is it a GLK-class SUV? because that's the only 2010 Mercedes that I know of that is on any lot right now. Most of the sedans won't be arriving until summer.

MAYBE I SHOULD UPLOAD THE POLICE REPORT? I'M PRETTY SURE IN THE STORY IT SAID, THE OFFICER SAID "VEHICLE MATCHED THE DESCRIPTION OF A STOLEN VEHICLE EARLIER THAT NIGHT"

guy who didnt read the story, Check

mention of police report, Check

college kid went out strapped but never mentioned drinking, check

giving some black people the benefit of being decent individuals who could have been simply asking for directions, check

guy angry at recent college Grad for having his finances in place, Check

Don't take it personally that there is a healthy skepticism for stories here. The bunch of guys here are some of the best because they are generally not hot heads but thinking, reasoning people who prefer to be knowledgeable on issues. They would love to scream your story to anyone who would listen but like the class acts they are, want to be sure it is real. If they ever told a false story, the moonbats would howl and it would destroy their credibility. Unlike the moonbats who suck up any and all disinformation and regurgitate it and turn it into law, these guys and gals try to dig a little deeper and would rather be right. That should be applauded, but I can see why you would get defensive. Understand where some of the skepticism is coming from.

Also, there are lots of people here of varying economic backgrounds. I mean varying by wide margins. As someone who is obviously either doing very well for their age or who grew up with better than average resources (I don't care which), you should realize that it is not as common to have that type of fortune (not meant strictly in the monetary sense) to be driving around in a brand new anything right out of school and so it is out of place to the skeptical. Don't take questioning of it as an indictment of your fortune (again, the word is not meant strictly to be monetary). I know Blitz and he works for what he has as most here do. The people here don't begrudge success.

Wow... glad you're ok. Makes me think about how I carry, as currently I think I would run into the same problem you had if I had to draw while I was sitting in my car.

Don't take it personally that there is a healthy skepticism for stories here. The bunch of guys here are some of the best because they are generally not hot heads but thinking, reasoning people who prefer to be knowledgeable on issues. They would love to scream your story to anyone who would listen but like the class acts they are, want to be sure it is real. If they ever told a false story, the moonbats would howl and it would destroy their credibility. Unlike the moonbats who suck up any and all disinformation and regurgitate it and turn it into law, these guys and gals try to dig a little deeper and would rather be right. That should be applauded, but I can see why you would get defensive. Understand where some of the skepticism is coming from.

Also, there are lots of people here of varying economic backgrounds. I mean varying by wide margins. As someone who is obviously either doing very well for their age or who grew up with better than average resources (I don't care which), you should realize that it is not as common to have that type of fortune (not meant strictly in the monetary sense) to be driving around in a brand new anything right out of school and so it is out of place to the skeptical. Don't take questioning of it as an indictment of your fortune (again, the word is not meant strictly to be monetary). I know Blitz and he works for what he has as most here do. The people here don't begrudge success.

That's one of the things I admire about terraformer is the eloquent and concise manner in which he sums up sometimes tricky subject. Some of us can be a bit more blunt, but that's the nature of dealing with some of us old farts who have seen a lot and still lived to not tell the tale [wink]

But, inconsistencies draw attention, and there are inconsistencies, so please expect to get a bit of cynical scrutiny. Someone fresh out of college driving a MB, but who'd rather have cash than surplus ammo in this climate...man, that dog don't hunt :)

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61865

Still, at those prices, maybe that's where the MB came from? [grin]

That's one of the things I admire about terraformer is the eloquent and concise manner in which he sums up sometimes tricky subject. Some of us can be a bit more blunt, but that's the nature of dealing with some of us old farts who have seen a lot and still lived to not tell the tale [wink]

But, inconsistencies draw attention, and there are inconsistencies, so please expect to get a bit of cynical scrutiny. Someone fresh out of college driving a MB, but who'd rather have cash than surplus ammo in this climate...man, that dog don't hunt :)

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61865

Still, at those prices, maybe that's where the MB came from? [grin]

Jeez Negotiator... I thought you counselor/psychologist types were supposed to be kind, caring and not judgmental!

[smile]

p.s. Just kidding... I have some reservations about the details as well. I'm not sure I can dismiss the entire incident, but some things don't add up.

Jeez Negotiator... I thought you counselor/psychologist types were supposed to be kind, caring and not judgmental!

[smile]

p.s. Just kidding... I have some reservations about the details as well. I'm not sure I can dismiss the entire incident, but some things don't add up.

It's all a big myth...we are cold, uncaring cynical bastards who trust no one and take your money while handing you a Kleenex. [wink]

Well, my type of psychologists are..but then its hard to do therapy with terrorists / hostage takers etc [frown]

It's all a big myth...we are cold, uncaring cynical bastards who trust no one and take your money while handing you a Kleenex. [wink]

Well, my type of psychologists are..but then its hard to do therapy with terrorists / hostage takers etc [frown]

[wink]well now....that explains alot, the psych people I know are sooo anti gun it is not funny.

the dumb asses took off the cap and let air out and messed up the valve stem. i had to bring it to Mercedes today, and they were like "What happened" i was like long story, just fixed it please. they also messed up the tire pressure sensor (TPS)??? i dont know where that is installed but i think from ripping around the corners didnt help me.

in case some of you were confused, they were shooting from a car, not sure if they got out of there car as i was to busy hauling ass to get away.

Tire pressure sensors are typically attached to the inside of the wheel by a steel band that goes around the hub.

Last edited:
Interesting. Know of anything like that that's IWB?
...Or even if that would be advisable?

I have no idea, I've never even seen a SkyCop in person (well I have seen a few Air Marshalls, but that's a different story, I meant the holster [wink]).

If they made one IWB I wouldn't carry it, since it would be pointing at your pelvis by my estimation.

I carry IWB at 3:30-4:00 on my waist, and have practiced drawing while seatbelted. No I don't muzzle sweep myself while doing it.

IMO a car gun would work nicely in this situation, center console or a holster mounted to/under the seat. The OP isn't in Mass. so he has little to fear about "Is it under your direct control?"

There's some things I'd like to see him clear up in his story, but were I in that situation (as I see it, obviously) the only thing I would've done different is draw my gun as soon as things started looking hairy and try to light them up while driving away.

But hindsight is 20/20.

The OP isn't in Mass. so he has little to fear about "Is it under your direct control?"
For my part in that line of thought - I didn't care if he was in MA in making that comment - only that you have a firearm loose when you hit something it goes flying which is double plus bad no matter what state you are in...

Not to mention the displeasure of the nice ocifer who comes up to write you a traffic ticket...

GSG said:
There's some things I'd like to see him clear up in his story, but were I in that situation (as I see it, obviously) the only thing I would've done different is draw my gun as soon as things started looking hairy and try to light them up while driving away.
Ok rambo[laugh]

GSG said:
But hindsight is 20/20.
Shooting behind you while driving isn't though[laugh]

Everyone's shape/physics in a car is a little different, but I have no hope of drawing from my strong side while belted in - belt very effectively blocks me in...

Someone made a good comment WRT to "driving away". Cars don't move away as fast as you'd like - particularly if you stomp on the gas in a panic...

In the scheme of a trigger finger pulling (let's say 200-400mS from eye-ball of perp seeing (or ear hearing) car move) the car won't get very far before his bullet leaves the gun...

Seems to me if you are going to drive away, it needs to be pretty early in the process before he has you sighted in (though you get some wiggle room if he is using Nyte Sytes[laugh] he will likely miss you anyway...)

Drinking or Going to clubs in CT while carrying concealed, check.

College kid driving a brand new Mercedes (due for release mid 2009) in one of the worst area's in CT, check.

Leaving at 2:30am after a night out, check.

Run flat tires flat, check.

Bad guys make eye contact and conversation, check.

Not being able to deploy your sidearm, check.

Police report? unchecked.

[thinking][hmmm]

That's just me, maybe I'm just cynical, I don't buy it.

Yep...There it is. Someone finally said it...whats that sound??? Its my BS detector going off.....

It's funny, but a similar thing happened to me a few years back. I was riding my bicycle in Cambridge, up Mass Ave from Harvard Sq going to Arlington. At a red light, some bad-a$$es pulled up to my left in a Dodge Ram. They asked where the nearest packie was. I knew something bad was up, so I just kind of mumbled "I don't know, please leave me alone" all the while I was trying to get my damn Kryptonite bike lock out of it's holder on the downtube. No luck. Just then, one of them finished chugging a can of Bud light and I knew it was about to go down- I stood on the pedals and punched it, just as the can went clinking behind me. I made it out of there just in time. I kicked myself the entire ride home for not being able to deploy that damn U-Lock in time. To this day I ride with a chain in a plastic sleeve around my neck instead of carrying that useless Kryptonite lock. If I ever see that Dodge Ram again, I'll be ready to rock and roll!

It's funny, but a similar thing happened to me a few years back. I was riding my bicycle in Cambridge, up Mass Ave from Harvard Sq going to Arlington. At a red light, some bad-a$$es pulled up to my left in a Dodge Ram. They asked where the nearest packie was. I knew something bad was up, so I just kind of mumbled "I don't know, please leave me alone" all the while I was trying to get my damn Kryptonite bike lock out of it's holder on the downtube. No luck. Just then, one of them finished chugging a can of Bud light and I knew it was about to go down- I stood on the pedals and punched it, just as the can went clinking behind me. I made it out of there just in time. I kicked myself the entire ride home for not being able to deploy that damn U-Lock in time. To this day I ride with a chain in a plastic sleeve around my neck instead of carrying that useless Kryptonite lock. If I ever see that Dodge Ram again, I'll be ready to rock and roll!

Take the chain out of the sleeve, shave yourself a badass Mohawk, you'll fit in better in that area anyway.

Boy you are a skeptical bunch.

I can’t find a Bridgeport police department online police log. And I don’t know where you live but all incidents do not show up in the local papers police blotter. Especially in Bridgeport.

Recently I was outside a school I had just left (so I wasn’t carrying) in a very nice town late at night but it isn’t too far from Bridgeport. And a vehicle pulls up and the occupants who looked like they were from Bridgeport rolled down their window and asked me for directions. They were slightly misplaced. There was definitely a slight bit of apprehension on my part and even more so since I wasn’t armed. So sometimes the scary[wink] looking people aren’t there to do you harm. So situational awareness is very important but just because something looks funny doesn’t mean you can act prematurely. You might have misinterpreted the situation.

I consider myself pretty good as to my situational awareness. I have a tendency to walk around my car and check it out before getting in. This would have been a good thing for the OP to have done. He would have seen the tire and he could have gotten his friends to help him. If nothing else they could watch his back. He would have seen that it had been messed with and been on alert. Things can happen anywhere so it is smart to always be aware but be a little bit more aware in places that may be questionable. But as is said 20/20 hindsight.

Bridgeport has some nice areas all the way to some very not nice areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom