H 5029

That's easy! One word "Kennedy"

Next time please try to make it a little tougher [smile]

j/k, I feel your pain. Strength in numbers is all I can come up with. We should have a "Take an anti shooting" shoot EVERY weekend to convert people. I try to convert people every chance I get.

This was suported overwhelmingly 115-40.

Why do we have some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation?

http://www.wickedlocal.com/sudbury/news/x1806342376/Beacon-Hill-Roll-Call

The reason this was supported so strongly is that it was meaningless. If this was accompanied by an amendment to make licensing "shall issue" it would have went the other way. Most of the yes votes will still tell you that "discretionary licensing" is a "reasonable restriction" and paying for your "right" is acceptable. Smart money would be a no vote if this resolution had any binding effects whatsoever. This way they can tell their gun owning constituents that they supported this important resolution. At the same time they tell their Anti constituents that it was meaningless and there are more important fights. This way they get to talk out both sides of their faces, as politicians so love to do. Just my 2 cents.

Opponents said that they disagree with the court's interpretation of the Second Amendment and argued that they still believe that it applies only to the militia. (A "Yes" vote is for resolutions supporting the opinion of the Supreme Court. A "No" vote is against the resolutions).

Opponents disagree with the SCOTUS...and will wilfully violate their ruling.

Because the people that live in our state are flaming liberal moonbats. They don't think, they feel. And the term "Gun Control" feels good. Therefore candidates who support gun control get a lot of votes and get to keep getting paid. Period.

I know it's a human thing but I get a kick out of the lefties when the Supreme Court supports one of their casues ( think abortion ) that doesn't have a foot to stand on in the Constitution. They think it's the greatest thing that the court has stepped up to acknowledge something that is important. The Heller decision is something that they don't agree with and will gnash their teeth together until all are gone. I wonder what color the sun is in their world?

Joe R.

Back
Top Bottom