Gunsmith near Littleton?

Try Noah's Motors in Saugus. He specializes in milsurps and has been around forever.
Noah's Motors - NMSAMA MFG. - Saugus, MA

Noah's has a good reputation.

If it is a question of mechanical troubleshooting and/or questions on accurizing, I'll be at the 300 after the breakfast.

I thought your name read familiar. I remember you from the Qual. Your rifle liked the 55 grain PMC.

I'm thinking of buying a new wood stock set and having Consolidated re-parkerize the metal parts. Any suggestions for new stock sets?

1) Are you looking for beauty, match accuracy, or both?
2) What is your budget and are you willing to do the stock fitting work yourself?

DuPage Trading makes the stocks for the CMP. I'd recommend their "unfinished" stock sets. It jut saves you a lot of elbow-grease and man-hours sanding off the sh*tty-looking finish so you can make it look fantastic.

NEW M1 STOCK SETS Archives | Dupage Trading Company

Plan on spending eight or ten man hours match fitting and finishing it. It's a fun bench project.

If you want something special, give them a call and ask about buying a stock set with a lot of figure in the grain. They'll sell you something nice, but it'll cost you more, and you pretty much have to take what they give you.

Dean's Guns used to have reasonable offerings. They seem crazy expensive now.

DGR - Dean's Gun Restorations

If you want to see what difference a Dean's stock might make, I have one you could try.

Put three or four enblocs downrange, to see what happens with your groups--just as a baseline.

Like I said, I'm going to the breakfast on Sunday.

Let me know.

Lastly--I have a lot of mint-looking Garands, and quite frankly after having them for awhile they bore the sh*t out of me.

Honest patina on a battle-rifle is a thing of beauty, although if your rifle has that black paint-looking finish a lot of the Greek Garands came back with I understand your objection, and it's your friggin rifle (lol).

All the best.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom