• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guns shops from the other side of the counter!

this is exactly how i am, too. i really only patronize 2 shops, 4s and collectors, mainly cause i live between them an equal distance and i'm to old and lazy to travel. but lately have been know to go see alex at minuteman armament. so that said, i think all 3 shops know if i'm in, or calling on the phone, or emailing, i'm ready to buy. i never haggle on a price, it's not worth my dignity to beg for a couple bucks off. i'll just point and grunt, the guys know that means i'll take it. i always try to tickle the local economy whenever possible. i also get decent service cause you reap what you sow.

Four Season's is about an hours drive for me, and it is usually still worth the trip when buying new. In general, I am usually willing to pay about 10% more to support the local business when I can. Most folks know that shops with decent volume don't have a huge mark up on new firearms. They rely on decent margins on ammo, accessories, and service to turn a profit, so it is always part of my purchase to buy some ammo, a case or sling etc. that I know I am going to need anyway.
In today's world most of us are pretty well educated before we decide to make a purchase and have an idea of about what we should be paying for stuff. Everyone has to make a living, I just don't want them to make the whole thing off of me. One of the reasons that most of my guns are new is that many guys selling used are higher than giraffe pussy. You see it here in the classifieds all the time when guys list used firearms for more than they cost new at a decent shop.

Back
Top Bottom