Guns seized, son and father charged in latest Lowell SWAT raid

How are you going to hide arms trafficking from your parents if you keep the guns in your parents' house, and they also happen to live there? There's no physical evidence with a computer, bro.

Aside from the fact that the father has only been arrested - not yet convicted.

I own a few dozen firearms. They all sit in a safe. I started with small safe - I filled that up. Just before I decided I needed a bigger safe - I strategically left the small one open one night when the wife came home. "when did you get all those guns" - she said. I bought a bigger safe. I have pretty much filled that one up too. One day I was looking for something in the safe - the wife peaked in: "that's a freaking arsenal" -she said, because she didn't know how many guns I had purchased.

Do you have any more questions?

Last edited:
You don't need a duffel bag to carry a handgun or 3, and a pump action shotgun can fit in a reasonably small bag when broken down.

Maybe his father knew. Maybe he didn't. You don't know, you're just making assumptions.

He's assuming there was only one way in or out of the house, that his father never left the house - and that his father never slept - and that he strip searched the son every time he came or went.

In this instance, illegal for him to own. And whether it should or shouldn't be illegal isn't the question here. Under present law in the state of MA, his actions were UNLAWFUL. End of story.

I didn't make the law, I just abide by it.

If you drove a car in the past week, I feel very confident that you have broken at least one law. You never strayed even 1mph over the limit? You always without exception came to a complete rest before proceeding through a stop sign? Never crept over the solid line by an inch?

Ah you meant the old man. Well he had a hi-cap. Extra dangerous and extra illegal.

Those dam sharp edged Metal High caps, their deadly I tell ya.

images

For letting his a**h*** son live with him, with illegal firearms and illegal drugs.

That a good enough reason?
No. There's no indication that he knew the son was doing anything illegal. Stupidity is not against the law. Yet.

In this instance, illegal for him to own. And whether it should or shouldn't be illegal isn't the question here. Under present law in the state of MA, his actions were UNLAWFUL. End of story.

sheep2.gif

Under normal circumstances, I'd probably get pissed too...

The way I see this situation though, in addition to breaking the law himself (however stupid or unfair we think the law is) he should be arrested.

Moreover, for letting his son reside with him, while trafficking firearms and possibly illegal drugs, he should be held accountable. Somewhat like harboring a fugitive.

I just fail to see a way his son could have kept these things in the house, under his old man's nose, and his old man knew nothing about it. And for that matter, he should be arrested for sheer stupidity if he didn't know these things were happening under his roof.

Oh, please. My wife has ZERO idea of how many guns I have. No doubt the son somehow managed to forget to mention that to his old man, too.

I hide my arms "trafficking" from the Mrs. When I buy a new handgun, I stuff the box in my backpack and when I get home, I carry the backpack it downstairs to the safe. I've got so many guns in there, she doesn't notice a couple coming in or going out [rofl]

Yup.

In the words of my half-baked Jamaican friend, "F*ck you, F*ck you, F*ck you, F*ck you, You're cool, F*ck you, and I'm out."

Apparently you didn't see the movie. He's Cuban, B. [wink]
"First I'm going to kill your Mexican friend..."
"Yo, I'm CUBAN, B!"
"Yes, Cuban B."

Seriously think about this some time. I was you a few months ago in another thread. A guy got arrested for trafficking guns in Mississippi(?) to gang members in Chicago. I was all for it. The thing is, if you really think about it, the laws that did him in shouldn't exist in the first place. If these people are so dangerous, why are they out and about walking free? Did the person selling the guns know they were in fact criminals? Do we prosecute hardware stores after they sell tools to convicted felons, who then turn around and use them to steal property or hurt people? No, it's a gun thing. It's one more law they made to demonize gun owners in the name of public safety, and the public is not really all that safer because of it.

After taking a step back and looking at it from that angle, it's hard to see it as anything but just another way for the powers that be to piss all over our rights, even if it does get someone deserving every now and again. And in this case, it's not really clear that the father was deserving. But that's not the point. The point is, the reason this guy is going to jail is because of a BS feel-good law. There's nothing to show that he was a threat to you or me or anyone else.

Now, of course you're going to follow the law. I'm going to follow the law too. But I don't have to like it, and I'm not going to rejoice when someone suffers because of that law, regardless of the circumstance. Not anymore.

Sorry guy. I mean no one on here disrespect, but from what I read, and what I assumed, I think the law worked in people's favor. Like I said, even if I don't think the law is right, I believe it to have worked to my benefit in this particular instance.

All of your idiocy was banal to this point -- the typical stupidity of a small mind with an affinity for rules. But now you are simply evil. That you likely don't understand this makes no difference.

Looks like no one else picked up on this detail in the story.

David Christian, 25, of 53 Lane St., and Jonathan Dickie, 25, of 136 Smith St., were arrested in March on federal charges of dealing firearms without a license. Christian's case is still pending, while Dickie pleaded guilty in federal court on Oct. 14 and will be sentenced Dec. 10. Both men are facing five years in federal prison, according to Lowell police Capt. Jonathan Webb.

As the investigation continued, Dickie's mother, Carol Dickie, 50, and his younger brother, Richard Dickie, 23, also of 136 Smith St., were arrested in August. Carol Dickie is facing state charges of unlawful possession of firearms, while her younger son is facing charges of unlawful sale of an assault rifle and a large-capacity firearm. Their cases are pending.

Christian and Jonathan Dickie are being held in federal custody. Carol Dickie and Richard Dickie are out on bail on the state charges.

Webb said more arrests are expected in that investigation, which has already resulted in the seizure of 15 handguns, an AK-15 assault rifle and a sawed-off shotgun.

Webb said the weapons sold by this ring came from New Hampshire. They were bought by "straw purchasers," who meet firearm-purchase requirements, including the ability to pass a criminal background check. Those people then turned the guns over to Christian and the Dickies to sell, he said.

That's an AWB charge. I'll be very interested in seeing how that aspect of their case turns out, specifically what standards they used in determining post-ban configured status.

Regardless of irresponsible journalism in this article, do you guys not understand that getting some a**h*** that's illegally trafficking firearms off the street is good? That certainly doesn't hurt our cause.

I disagree with the GCA-68 and firearms licensing in general on a sterile, hypothetical level. In reality I want the law to change, but I don't shed tears for dirtbags who do scummy things. I also think it's perfectly rational to use SWAT to bring in an illegal arms dealer.

What's an illegal firearm and why should it be illegal? Serious question.

In Mass.? Sawed off shotguns, covert weapons, guns with defaced serial numbers or a post ban AW's are "illegal guns." This includes the Glock 7 featured in Die Hard 2, which seems to be where they came up with the idea for one of those laws. [laugh]

I'm willing to bet that you don't abide by them all. The danger in the "I'm a law abiding citizen" stance is that as a Mass. gun owner, you probably break gun laws every day, unknowingly. You may not have been caught, but chances are you're a criminal too. Food for thought.

You don't need a duffel bag to carry a handgun or 3, and a pump action shotgun can fit in a reasonably small bag when broken down.

Sounds like you lead an interesting life. [laugh]

Looks like no one else picked up on this detail in the story.

That's an AWB charge. I'll be very interested in seeing how that aspect of their case turns out, specifically what standards they used in determining post-ban configured status.

I disagree with the GCA-68 and firearms licensing in general on a sterile, hypothetical level. In reality I want the law to change, but I don't shed tears for dirtbags who do scummy things. I also think it's perfectly rational to use SWAT to bring in an illegal arms dealer.

In Mass.? Sawed off shotguns, covert weapons, guns with defaced serial numbers or a post ban AW's are "illegal guns." This includes the Glock 7 featured in Die Hard 2, which seems to be where they came up with the idea for one of those laws. [laugh]

I'm willing to bet that you don't abide by them all. The danger in the "I'm a law abiding citizen" stance is that as a Mass. gun owner, you probably break gun laws every day, unknowingly. You may not have been caught, but chances are you're a criminal too. Food for thought.

Sounds like you lead an interesting life. [laugh]

^ best summary of the entire debate right there![wink]

If you understood the meaning of the 2nd amendment to the Constitution and the concept of natural rights - you wouldn't be asking this question.

What's going on here is an attitudinal shift in thinking in our society.

Used to be you were innocent until proven guilty. A gun was just seen as a tool - and punishments were given out based on a person's ACTIONS - their actual behavior - not their POTENTIAL behavior.

Bingo!

Back
Top Bottom