Guns seized, son and father charged in latest Lowell SWAT raid

Webb said more arrests are expected in that investigation, which has already resulted in the seizure of 15 handguns, an AK-15 assault rifle and a sawed-off shotgun.
Great reporting work.

McHugh Sr. was charged with eight counts of unlawful possession of firearms, unlawful possession of ammunition and unlawful possession of a large-capacity magazine. Police do not suspect the elder McHugh of selling firearms.

Read more: http://www.lowellsun.com/ci_16768002?source=rss_viewed#ixzz174IvLWG1

So in other words, the only thing the poor bastard is guilty of is not getting the State's permission to own guns, ammo and a piece of stamped sheet metal.

Yeah... no infringements on his Constitutional rights here. Nothing to see, move along, move along... after showing us your papers!

A simple google search will show you guys what an AK-15 is....

AKAR-15-gun.jpg

I know I feel better now that Sr. is locked up

I feel soooo much better knowing that the system has taken these guys guns away!!!!!!!!! [rolleyes]

-Mike

Regardless of irresponsible journalism in this article, do you guys not understand that getting some a**h*** that's illegally trafficking firearms off the street is good? That certainly doesn't hurt our cause.

This sob is still a criminal, so get him and his guns off the streets. Personally, I don't give a shit if he's carrying AR's or AK's or a ballpoint pen. His ass should still be locked up for illegal firearms possession and trafficking.

I dare someone to give me reason why he and his illegally acquired firearms shouldn't be taken off the streets.

You guys miss this part?

In a serendipitous twist, while at the Pawtucketville home, police discovered that McHugh's father, Raymond McHugh Sr., 57, the homeowner, was in possession of several guns that he was not licensed to own.

You guys miss this part?
Did you miss the part that if he'd lived in NH, he wouldn't need a stinking permission slip from .gov to own several guns? You've been behind the lines in enemy territory too long and have succumbed to the brainwashing.

I have not. I don't disagree that IF he lived in NH, this would have been different....

IF I were a billionaire, my life would be a lot different.

Your point is ????

What's an illegal firearm and why should it be illegal? Serious question.

In this instance, illegal for him to own. And whether it should or shouldn't be illegal isn't the question here. Under present law in the state of MA, his actions were UNLAWFUL. End of story.

I didn't make the law, I just abide by it.

Last edited:
I have not. I don't disagree that IF he lived in NH, this would have been different....

IF I were a billionaire, my life would be a lot different.

Your point is ????

In this instance, illegal for him to own. And whether it should or shouldn't be illegal isn't the question here. Under present law in the state of MA, his actions were UNLAWFUL. End of story.

I think you've proven our point: you're ok with people going to jail over stupid laws. It doesn't seem to piss you off at all.
It's not that we advocate breaking the law here. We just aren't happy when someone goes to jail for something that shouldn't be illegal in the first place. In fact, we generally get pissed. Case in point: this thread.

Your point is ????
Go read the Constitution. Start at the 2nd Amendment. This state requiring someone to have a permission slip before they can buy a gun is complete crap. It is unconstitutional.

There are thousands of MA gun owners whose "good for life" FIDs have expired without their knowledge. They aren't "dirtbags." They're citizens getting screwed over by the state.

Back
Top Bottom