Guns aren't only AR or AK

There is a difference between building and assembling. Installing new floor mats = putting together upper A to lower B, bolting on a chrome air cleaner and valve covers = changing handguards and grip, degreeing a cam = 1911 trigger job, blueprinting an engine = accurizing an M14. HUGE difference.

I will admit that the username I picked in 2000 is a little dated, and I can see the comparison between the AR and a 350. When you build them (not assemble them) they are great performance machines that do their job very well. Just like an AR15. Nowhere did I insult the AR15. Fanboys just get butthurt when someone doesn't agree with them that an AR is the ultimate weapon of all time. They do their job and they do it well. They just have no place in my house. Or a soul.

BTW, I don't own a 350 anymore. I daily drive a Wrangler with a 4.0 and I'm looking for an AMC 401 for my CJ7 woods rig.

I wish I had more money and room to collect some guns with more character but I figured the first and only rifle I own would be as "useful" as possible. Unfortunately that made it a somewhat tacticool AK. I like it a great deal, but let's get something straight: I would throw it out of my car and run it over repeatedly with a semi if it would save the life of something that ACTUALLY has a soul (which is a valid reason to only abuse guns without significant history). Guns (and cars) to me are tools. Their purpose may only be to give me enjoyment, and I may grow attached to them, but I won't/refuse to love something that can't love me back.

We all have our own reasons for owning firearms. My reaction to your not liking ARs or AKs would have been "cool, tell me about what you do like!"

Last edited:
I'm not gonna lie, my favorite gun is which ever one I'm shooting at the time I am asked.

If you really push me to make a decision, then my favorite gun is the one that shoots when I want it to.

Yeah but then you would have an M1 garand that had its balls cut off.

Have you actually looked at the ballistics of Garand compatible .30-06 and 7.62 NATO? It doesn't seem you did.

Sorry, you are correct. I was thinking of the .308 Navy barreled receivers.

No biggie. Any idea what the difference is between the two? Did the Navy put a similar block in place or is the receiver itself different?

As a matter of fact, if I were to buy an AR I would put a wood stock on it. I've actually thought about doing it before. I think it looks pretty good, and it would piss off internet commandos to no end.

The problem with guns is the same as with cars. They make so many cool ones and you just can't own them all even though you want to.

Back
Top Bottom