Gunbroker issue

Won auction Mon night, have emailed every day since and called today with no reply from the seller (who is a small LGS). Gunbroker won't allow me to pay by credit card thru the website, so I have to contact the seller to pay or mail him a check. At this point I'm getting very sus about the thing and IDK what my options are regarding Gunbroker as they are garbage tier in customer service.

What are my options here?

Gunbroker won't allow me to pay by credit card thru the website, so I have to contact the seller to pay or mail him a check.
Gunbroker won't, or their listing said it wasn't an option?

Seeing as he hasn't taken any of your money, not sure what you're sus about. Worst case scenario, you don't get what you won, but you haven't paid for it anyway. 🤷‍♂️

Did you do some due diligence such as reverse lookup of pics, check for actual storefront, dig into feedback to ensure pos feedback is from legit accounts, etc.? If you don't see any big red flags, it might just take the seller a while to respond.

Couple years ago Mrs. Mountain wanted to get me a VEPR in 54R. The seller gave me great concern, but mostly because he was disorganized and also he tried to use a FFL that would not ship to a Mass FFL for some odd reason. (FFL from NJ, had moved to NC). Comms were slow too. Frustrating, but the rifle ended up being better than described and the price was great.

Good luck, hope it works out.

Remember, Gunbroker is not the seller. They are not a REAL auction site, they just broker the sale, the actual transaction is between the seller and buyer. This means they don't need to be an FFL dealer. But it also means any issues are between you and the seller. Their payment services are practicably a separate thing.

Gunbroker won't, or their listing said it wasn't an option?

Seeing as he hasn't taken any of your money, not sure what you're sus about. Worst case scenario, you don't get what you won, but you haven't paid for it anyway. 🤷‍♂️
Gunbroker said they weren't doing it, but it could have been that the seller didn't or doesn't do immediate checkout. Usually I don't pay thru gunbroker, but was considering it given the lack of communication.

So, what did you buy that you’re so excited about?
H&R top break. Been looking for a small frame .32 that's DA/SA in good condition for about 2 years now. Pre Covid these things were everywhere, but the interest for me wasn't there at the time. Now the only top break .32's that are usually around are the large frame ones for .32 S&W Long. Been wanting to do a test to see what velocity .32 S&W gets in revolvers chambered only for that as I suspect the velocity will be higher in them than if shot in longer chambers meant for .32 S&W Long, H&R Mag, .327 etc.

Mine is blued, which I have to give H&R credit for, their bluing has always been under appreciated especially compared to the meh bluing we get on affordable revolvers today.

H&R top break. Been looking for a small frame .32 that's DA/SA in good condition for about 2 years now. Pre Covid these things were everywhere, but the interest for me wasn't there at the time. Now the only top break .32's that are usually around are the large frame ones for .32 S&W Long. Been wanting to do a test to see what velocity .32 S&W gets in revolvers chambered only for that as I suspect the velocity will be higher in them than if shot in longer chambers meant for .32 S&W Long, H&R Mag, .327 etc.

Mine is blued, which I have to give H&R credit for, their bluing has always been under appreciated especially compared to the meh bluing we get on affordable revolvers today.
They are definitely an under rated gun. I have 4 or 5 of their top breaks. I have a .32, the rest are .22s. I paid between $50 and $100 for them. Got them all at Rileys.

They are definitely an under rated gun. I have 4 or 5 of their top breaks. I have a .32, the rest are .22s. I paid between $50 and $100 for them. Got them all at Rileys.
Prices for them don't really seem to move even with inflation, I've not paid more than $160 for an H&R and this will be my 4th one. I do find the top breaks to be better than the solid frames.

Gunbroker said they weren't doing it, but it could have been that the seller didn't or doesn't do immediate checkout. Usually I don't pay thru gunbroker, but was considering it given the lack of communication.
Gunbroker doesn't handle the credit card payments like eBay does, you have to have a merchant account on a third party, connect them, etc. "Immediate checkout" is a misnomer for buyers to feel warm and fuzzy. They immediately tell you they've received payment, but it then goes to the seller's merchant account, which then has to transfer to the seller, etc... Which is why some sellers don't ship for several days, they're waiting for the funds to actually arrive. If the seller doesn't sell a lot of things, like I don't, he likely hasn't decided it was worth all the hoops to jump through.

You likely already knew most of that, but in case anyone else passes through here and runs into a similar situation.

The next question is...if you weren't getting any communication and were getting suspicious...why would you throw money at the person? That's the complete opposite reaction that I have, when I can't get in touch with a seller... 🤔

Anyway, they have 5 days to get in touch with you after a sale. Pretty sure Monday night doesn't count. If you don't hear from them by tomorrow, leave negative feedback, and walk away. All you're out is a little bit of time from your calls/emails. Not ideal, but pretty minimal loss.

Post the link? Or send it in private message. Might be able to find some extra insight.

The next question is...if you weren't getting any communication and were getting suspicious...why would you throw money at the person? That's the complete opposite reaction that I have, when I can't get in touch with a seller... 🤔

That is what I was wondering. But then I thought "NES" ...

So he lost his guns in a tornado? I guess that's better than a boating accident.
Idk, I'll try to call him tomorrow, but I doubt phones will be working.

With my luck he probably got sucked into the tornado and is somwhere in the land of Oz without any red shoes.

Are any of the .22s for sale? Looking for an inexpensive gun for dog training with blanks. Blank guns are overpriced and I don’t want to deal with a single action style loading gate.

ETA: Just saw you are in Alabama

Back
Top Bottom