Gun Violence report in the hands of DeLeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remember, a compromise BOTH sides give something, and BOTH sides get something. We ALREADY GAVE, so they owe us.

I understand, believe me. But why not give concessions to the meaningless bits and fight against what really matters? These line items are all pet projects of someone. Cull the meat from the bone and let's fight for the best bits!

I would volunteer time to enumerate the NES line item response, if that is deemed worth doing. It would have to be after hours and I would need at least 10 people to help, and a meeting space, but we can do it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I can't do that.

It's just as inappropriate for chiefs to show up in uniform and support the bill. The key there is no one will try to punish them for taking that position.

Understandable. Can you convinced your fellow officers to push back against this bill?

Thanks.

I understand, believe me. But why not give concessions to the meaningless bits and fight against what really matters? These line items are all pet projects of someone. Cull the meat from the bone and let's fight for the best bits!
I disagree at this point. It's like asking you to concede something because "Bin Laden..." If you let them nibble away, they'll just be back.

I disagree at this point. It's like asking you to concede something because "Bin Laden..." If you let them nibble away, they'll just be back.

But something is going to get passed. Unless we trade horses here, we could get it all rammed at us.

Call me a wussy if it makes you feel better. I'd rather have a phone number on a piece of plastic than have other, more important, things that give LEOs PC simply because I exercise my civil rights.

It pleases me that I recently finished the John Adams bio by McCullough. A true independent and statesman, who knew when to cut bait when necessary.

This is MA, they will be back, whether we like it or not, and there's not a ****in thing we can do about it except try to kneecap the ****ers in court. It's the only power we really have to actually STOP them.

Even gutting this bill by getting rid of the worst parts would be a "win" by MA standards.

-Mike

Please be respectful. Otherwise no one will hear you. Be as specific as possible as far as what sections are objectionable.

I'm a GOAL member. I'm happy to volunteer my rhetorical skills. Just need help dissecting the bill.

I was planning to go, had the form ready for a vacation day, but something went south at work. Unless some great stuff happens before 10 am, I am out.

Would a bunch of you please go to the Statehouse Bookstore (just to the left of where you enter), and pick up a bunch of the FREE posters of "Massachusetts Gun Laws"? Then hand them out to the committee before the meeting. Put one at each seat on the table. Thank you.

Has each section been covered by someone who is going? Our side needs to make sure there isn't a single section which goes unoppposed. They WILL be keeping track.

Thanks again to those who can make this. I've been to every one of these for at least the last 5 years.

I was planning to go, had the form ready for a vacation day, but something went south at work. Unless some great stuff happens before 10 am, I am out.

Would a bunch of you please go to the Statehouse Bookstore (just to the left of where you enter), and pick up a bunch of the FREE posters of "Massachusetts Gun Laws"? Then hand them out to the committee before the meeting. Put one at each seat on the table. Thank you.

Has each section been covered by someone who is going? Our side needs to make sure there isn't a single section which goes unoppposed. They WILL be keeping track.

Thanks again to those who can make this. I've been to every one of these for at least the last 5 years.
Sure thing

I've sent my emails, made some calls, and even gotten my club involved. Let's see how we do tomorrow.

I had something go south at work tonight too....and I told them to fvck off and delgated it. My daughter and I are leaving for Boston at 7AM.

This time it is too important to be a keyboard commando and hopefully the state house has free wifi
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it again"
I think this is kinda weak since the last rep-up was on another thread but whatever.

One thing we noticed from the last few meetings - 'groups' get priority status and are allowed to speak first. If the attendees can organize into small groups (3-5) when they sign in, you might get a chance to talk while the pols are still there. Make up a name that won't obviously give you away so that you get pushed to the back of the line by the anti's.

Do we have several people to group together as ItsTime2a.org?

I will sign us up as a group to speak if we can organize a small group there

I will have a charcoal suit with red tie on. Other than that I look like every other middle aged, balding, white guy gun owner in attendance.

Who ever speaks about the 1 year Misdemeanor make sure you say it needs
To be change too "more than 2 years". IN BOTH SECTION 19 AND 26 Also remember to mention that the federal Prohibited person
has to be convicted of a state Misdemeanor Punishable by more than two years. (US18 921) the same place they got the definition for Domestic violence.

Last edited:
Do we have 2 min or 3. Had speach cut to 3 min then read its 2. Unfortunately this bill is probably going to pass so we should be more concerned about changing what needs to be changed and getting up there and saying to voted down.
So pick a point talk about what needs to be changed or eliminated about that section
Just
My thoughts

Last edited:
We should save our money to challenge certain aspects of it with Comm2A IMHO. GOAL was about as effective as Naughton on this bill.

Sent from the blind

We should save our money to challenge certain aspects of it with Comm2A IMHO. GOAL was about as effective as Naughton on this bill.

Sent from the blind

...meanwhile, the numbers of license holders in the state get whittled down even further due to the misdemeanor disqualifier and the mystery 'suitability list'. These lawsuits would take years. Comm2A has it's place as does GOAL. They're both fighting the same war but from two different fronts.

I did write to all members of the committee and explained that the Misdemeanor needed to be raised to "more than two years." And also the suitability paragraph at the end of section 19 and section 26 needed to be removed

...meanwhile, the numbers of license holders in the state get whittled down even further due to the misdemeanor disqualifier and the mystery 'suitability list'. These lawsuits would take years. Comm2A has it's place as does GOAL. They're both fighting the same war but from two different fronts.

I dont see that trend stopping. The fact is the majority of people coming INTO mass as not 2a friendly. I see the same trend in southern maine with NJ and NYorkers coming in and wanting to increase gun laws and ban hunting. The whole suitability piece needs to be challenged legally its a cluster fck. Im headed into Boston for the sideshow anyone else headed in? Last time we were outnumbered from my count. Not sure why the Guys from Goal were shoved into lousy seats, seems Jim wpuld have had better seats based on his group was speaking.

Sent from the blind

How about we band together as the "citizens for a safer Massachusetts"? I'm the mid-40s white guy, 6'2" wearing a black suit, blue shirt, and blue/black striped tie.

While some will take the approach of addressing specific items of the bill in a specific manner, I'm going to put this bill in the context of the 1998 gun control act, its abject failure to reduce crime and self harm, and its success in reducing the number of lawful gun owners.

I do hope we have our moment to speak… Looking forward to this!

Heading in shortly!!

I get out of work at 8. Hoping 917 from sharon to SOUTH station green line to park st
I will be cutting it very tight but will be there
Submitted written Testimony in case I don't get a chance to speak

How about we band together as the "citizens for a safer Massachusetts"? I'm the mid-40s white guy, 6'2" wearing a black suit, blue shirt, and blue/black striped tie.

While some will take the approach of addressing specific items of the bill in a specific manner, I'm going to put this bill in the context of the 1998 gun control act, its abject failure to reduce crime and self harm, and its success in reducing the number of lawful gun owners.

I do hope we have our moment to speak… Looking forward to this!

Heading in shortly!!
Best of luck Ted, and rest of NES. Wish I could be there with you. I'm at the office today seeing my patients. I'll have to catch the recap. If you get your chance, I know you'll do well. Be sure to open with Hippocratic oath analogy.

I wanted to make this !! .. But everything conspired against me. But just in case I wrote in everywhere I could. !! here is wishing us Luck !

Do we have 2 min or 3. Had speach cut to 3 min then read its 2.

If you're going by my post with a 2 minute speech as saying that there will only be two minutes... Don't. I pulled the two minute limit out of my hat, it was a pure guess. I have no idea how much time will be allotted for speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom