Gun Violence report in the hands of DeLeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember they limited the talks to several minutes (<5) but many of the moonbats droned on and on & nobody cut them off.

Ate up the majority of the time....which is their way of not letting pro 2a speakers get on. Already saw a few moms on the train this morning. Id toss my coffee but I really love dunkins!

Sent from the blind

Good luck to all those attending. Really wish I could make it there but its not possible this time. Don't let those delusional mothers take up all the speaking time!!

I probably just spoke to the same woman. She was fine to talk to but was obviously feeling the brunt of the whole thing. She definitely listened and also said one interesting thing which was that almost all those in favor (a small minority of all calls) were women. She further said that those woman weren't very informed about the overall topic but were simply calling because they thought more gun control was good.

I also told her that my rep has always told me he's against more gun control laws in MA and that I'll be mad if DeLeo moves his office down to the basement janitor's closet. She laughed but couldn't comment further on that.

Finally, she stated that he does read his emails and that it's a good idea to follow up with one after a call.

I bet they were mostly if not all MDA/Everytown zombies.

I ended up being tied up all afternoon at work. I have a speech ready, perhaps someone might like to use it, or parts of it. Thank you.

Dear Members of the Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security,

I am here today to rise in opposition to this bill and to convey my disappointment that Speaker De Leo’s proposed solution to the violence in our society is the further harassment and subjugation of lawful citizens of the Commonwealth.

Not only is this Bill offensive when taken at face value, with its suicide postings and placards and its childish reminders that suicide is bad, but more so that it contains significant unclear and expandable language clearly designed to be exploited later for our further continued harassment. For example;

• The requirement of an affidavit upon renewal of the LTC which lists lost or stolen firearms. Since reporting such matters is already law, why is this requirement being added? You can be certain that this will eventually be expanded to include "guns owned". In fact, the Speaker's own overview of this Bill already includes this language. How long before this will be manipulated into listing guns owned as a ransom for a renewed gun permit? Only the naïve could think that this affidavit business will end here, and we will be secure in our houses and effects as this requirement expands.

• The expansion of prohibited person status to include a multitude of misdemeanors punishable by one year or more in prison. This will disqualify many harmless people who have been convicted of defacing a library book, using pesticides off label or shoplifting less than $100. These are not the types of offenses which should prohibit a person from owning a firearm. The goal here is to further reduce the number of LTCs and FIDs by inflicting cruel and unusual punishments for petty crimes, in some cases retrospectively.

• Requiring private sales at dealers. This may expose private sales to the EOPS lists and the gun control whims of the Attorney General. This will allow the State to effectively eliminate entire classes of pistols, or any long gun, in the future, by making them un-transferrable, depriving those affected of valuable property, without due process of law.

In summary, the Speaker's solution to "gun violence" is to subjugate, harass and humiliate LTC and FID holders, who commit a vanishingly small amount of violent crime in the Commonwealth.

It seems that the Speaker is unable to put forth meaningful proposals to aid in the re-civilization of our society, and this ridiculous Bill, designed to collectively punish the law abiding for the acts of the lawless, is certainly proof of that. This claptrap needs to be decisively defeated.

Quick thought:

Isn't the main barrier to other states recognizing the MA license that MA does not report mental health committments to NICS?

So if thats fixed we should be asking for reciprocity agreements.

Compromise right? Its only reasonable? Its for the children? Their turn.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I ended up being tied up all afternoon at work. I have a speech ready, perhaps someone might like to use it, or parts of it. Thank you.

If you have time email that as "hearing testamony" to all maembers Of the safety and Homeland security committee. At a minimum to the committee chairman of the Senate and the chairman of the house

Missed my flight due to a mechanical delay, stuck in DC. Best of luck to those who can make it. Hoping those of us who cannot make it will get a run-down of the day's events from those who were fortunate enough to make it.

It's politics, not defeatism.

If we make this an all or nothing proposition, guess what we will get? All of it - the whole shebang.

Then stand up and announce this is public forum, first come first seated. Reserved seats will be ignored.
Ted - you better take a reserved seat!

EDIT: Following intently between patients....

How about we get asses in seats to displace them?? No sense in telling them reserved seats not honored when no one there to sit!!

Called my reps..the lady in DeLeo's office knew right away we were opposing the legislation! Will fax over letters later today.

Good luck guys, give 'em hell.

How about we get asses in seats to displace them?? No sense in telling them reserved seats not honored when no one there to sit!!
I agree - I thought you all were going to be there at 8 am - I mean we already knew the MDAs were planning to be there by 9-9:30.

Logging off and leaving shortly.

MOKS ARRIVING AND SAVING SEATS GET YOR ASSES IN HERE!!

WTF?!?

This is bull shit!

Then stand up and announce this is public forum, first come first seated. Reserved seats will be ignored.
Ted - you better take a reserved seat!

EDIT: Following intently between patients....

Complain to whomever is responsible for enforcing the rules, maintaining order.

Just talked to DeLeo's office. A very polite woman took my call, and was nice enough to tell me that just yesterday and today they got more than 500 calls, huge majority opposing the bill, just about 25 callers approving.

I tried calling many times, was put to the voice mail, but eventually I got a live person on the phone.

Just called his office, a very nice woman answered the phone. She said there are now tons of people who are calling to oppose the bill. Now on to calling my representatives. Maybe we can light a fire under their asses and make it known that our rights will not be violated like this.

If you have time email that as "hearing testamony" to all maembers Of the safety and Homeland security committee. At a minimum to the committee chairman of the Senate and the chairman of the house

I was told by my Rep (personally known to me for >30 years) that if you send it to the committee chairs, THEY will bundle all written testimony together and distribute to all 16 members. So no need to Mail to all. Unsure if they also do this with Email testimony as I didn't ask.

Have to go off to work now, so give them hell but don't deal emotionally, just state what's wrong with this crap bill and why.

I was told by my Rep (personally known to me for >30 years) that if you send it to the committee chairs, THEY will bundle all written testimony together and distribute to all 16 members. So no need to Mail to all. Unsure if they also do this with Email testimony as I didn't ask.

Have to go off to work now, so give them hell but don't deal emotionally, just state what's wrong with this crap bill and why.

Anyone have contact info for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom