Gun Violence report in the hands of DeLeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres a difference between feeling happy vs. grateful that we werent completely infringed upon. No question that .gov's goal here is to kill us w 1000 papercuts but the original H.4121 was far more than a papercut.

im guessing few of us are actually "happy".

personally I feel there are still too many ?'s on this BS bill to generate any conclusions and like Derek I refuse to consider any discussions on "suitability" to be fruitful....its all bull$hit and I want to see the feds rip it up.

+1. My dream has been for the feds to rip up the suitability BS !!

THERE SHOULDN'T BE SUITABILITY. SHALL ISSUE OR GTFO. IS THAT TOO HARD TO COMPREHEND? YOU CAN EITHER OWN A FIREARM AND CARRY IT OR YOU CAN'T.
Do you live in this state? So you honestly think that was going to pass here? Your thinking is myopic. We fought the bill, as presented. We won. We can move forward on attacking the current laws now, as we've shown what we can do. Did you think that, magically, all the crap laws we currently have would magically disappear? That's like thinking gun free zones work. Seriously. Molon labe, right? How many hearings did you attend? How many times did you speak to your reps?

Just read the bill for the first time. Definitely a little hazy on a few issues, but I am pretty sure this bill will strip MA residents of selling FTF.

Line 266 reads:

SECTION 18: Section 128A of said chapter 140 is hereby amended by adding the following 2 sentences:- Any sale or transfer conducted to this section shall comply with section 131E and shall take place at the location of a deal licensed pursuant to seciton 122, who shall transmit the information required by this section for purchases and sales to the department of criminal justice information services. A licensed dealer may charge the seller a fee not to exceed $25 for each sale or transfer submitted on behalf of the seller to the department of criminal justice information services.

This is the most egregious section of the bill IMHO. Imagine inheriting your fathers gun collection when he passes away and paying $500 just to transfer the 20 guns he had in his collection to you!!

Do you have a link to the version of the bill you are reading? I think you may be reading the original version of the bill which bears little resemblance to what was passed.

Do you live in this state? So you honestly think that was going to pass here? Your thinking is myopic. We fought the bill, as presented. We won. We can move forward on attacking the current laws now, as we've shown what we can do. Did you think that, magically, all the crap laws we currently have would magically disappear? That's like thinking gun free zones work. Seriously. Molon labe, right? How many hearings did you attend? How many times did you speak to your reps?

He doesn't. He GTFO'd. Oh, and this is his website [wink]

Just read the bill for the first time. Definitely a little hazy on a few issues, but I am pretty sure this bill will strip MA residents of selling FTF.

Line 266 reads:

SECTION 18: Section 128A of said chapter 140 is hereby amended by adding the following 2 sentences:- Any sale or transfer conducted to this section shall comply with section 131E and shall take place at the location of a deal licensed pursuant to seciton 122, who shall transmit the information required by this section for purchases and sales to the department of criminal justice information services. A licensed dealer may charge the seller a fee not to exceed $25 for each sale or transfer submitted on behalf of the seller to the department of criminal justice information services.

This is the most egregious section of the bill IMHO. Imagine inheriting your fathers gun collection when he passes away and paying $500 just to transfer the 20 guns he had in his collection to you!!

And don't forget that this will take you 20 weeks due to one a week, if they are all Mass compliant. But you can pay with your EBT card.
And you will need all the paperwork / proof that they were in the state for X years blah blah blah, to transfer in state.

This is, very sadly, being called "a great victory"

Last edited:
This thread is full of WUT? LOL!

I love all the people from out of state calling us serfs, boot lickers, etc etc, you got ****ed. Do any of you remember what we were facing back after newtown? The sheer lunacy that was being proposed? We were looking at levels that would have made NY, CA, and CT look like freedom utopia. What in the actual **** did you think was going to happen? We were going to kill this bill in its entirety, repeal all the existing laws on the books, and find Linsky and Deval down at four season handing out a complimentary suppressors? Come on, lets be real here. The reality is we were not going to do much more than what we did. That's just fact and reality of how it works in this Democrat controlled state.

Do I love what we got? No. Do I feel like the hard work everyone put in and all the days out of work people took to attend rallies and hearings and what not helped? YES. ABSO-****ING-LUTELY YES. This should be something that is built off of to start going the other way. I'm not going to lie, after last september and the weak ass turnout, and large amount of apathy, I felt defeated and gave up a bit, but I feel a little vindicated for everything we did now that this has come out the way it did, but sure, you can call me a serf or bootlicker I suppose.

As for the FID becoming a may issue instead of shall issue......

Good.

I'm glad that now the FUDDS who ignored us and basically told us to **** off will see what it's like. I hope the next time hunter fred goes to get his FID whilst sneering at the AR guys at his club he feels what it's like to get a good ****ing by the COP in his town. Maybe next time his self righteous ass will stand along side us when we ask for his help. Maybe now they'll see that the pontificating we did at clubs and meetings wasn't just Alex Jones conspiracy shit and that there was and is a real threat to our rights.

In the end, I'm not thrilled, but I'm relieved and I feel like what we all accomplished is something to build off of. We all learned a lot from this and this shows that if you make some noise, it can help. Do I think that if we had made far more noise that we would have killed the bill all together? Perhaps we would of, I don't know, hindsight is 20/20, but for those of you who are calling out goal and saying they shouldn't have compromised and they should have basically went in there shouting molan labe mother ****er, please save it. Many of those people didn't even bother to take a simple day off work to help.

To everyone I met, to everyone who helped, made phone calls, donated to groups and helped pay for busses, to those who took time out of their lives and days to stand in the cold and hold signs, write letters, and meet with their legislators......thank you. Contrary to what some here may have to tell you, I think it actually worked to some degree.

From the NRA website:

Unfortunately, the Massachusetts House of Representatives today passed House Bill 4278, a watered-down version of House Bill 4121, by a 112 to 38 vote. While concessions were made and the NRA was able to scale back some of the anti-gun aspects, H.4278 still contains provisions which will directly and adversely affect your constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

Seems the NRA is clamining some turf on this......anyone know if they were actually involved?

From the NRA website:

Unfortunately, the Massachusetts House of Representatives today passed House Bill 4278, a watered-down version of House Bill 4121, by a 112 to 38 vote. While concessions were made and the NRA was able to scale back some of the anti-gun aspects, H.4278 still contains provisions which will directly and adversely affect your constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

Seems the NRA is clamining some turf on this......anyone know if they were actually involved?

Now this shit pisses me off. Unless someone can show me they somehow helped either behind the scenes or what not, I have good mind to see if I can cancel my life membership and tell them to go **** themselves.

This thread is full of WUT? LOL!

I love all the people from out of state calling us serfs, boot lickers, etc etc, you got ****ed. Do any of you remember what we were facing back after newtown? The sheer lunacy that was being proposed? We were looking at levels that would have made NY, CA, and CT look like freedom utopia. What in the actual **** did you think was going to happen? We were going to kill this bill in its entirety, repeal all the existing laws on the books, and find Linsky and Deval down at four season handing out a complimentary suppressors? Come on, lets be real here. The reality is we were not going to do much more than what we did. That's just fact and reality of how it works in this Democrat controlled state.

Do I love what we got? No. Do I feel like the hard work everyone put in and all the days out of work people took to attend rallies and hearings and what not helped? YES. ABSO-****ING-LUTELY YES. This should be something that is built off of to start going the other way. I'm not going to lie, after last september and the weak ass turnout, and large amount of apathy, I felt defeated and gave up a bit, but I feel a little vindicated for everything we did now that this has come out the way it did, but sure, you can call me a serf or bootlicker I suppose.

As for the FID becoming a may issue instead of shall issue......

Good.

I'm glad that now the FUDDS who ignored us and basically told us to **** off will see what it's like
. I hope the next time hunter fred goes to get his FID whilst sneering at the AR guys at his club he feels what it's like to get a good ****ing by the COP in his town. Maybe next time his self righteous ass will stand along side us when we ask for his help. Maybe now they'll see that the pontificating we did at clubs and meetings wasn't just Alex Jones conspiracy shit and that there was and is a real threat to our rights.

In the end, I'm not thrilled, but I'm relieved and I feel like what we all accomplished is something to build off of. We all learned a lot from this and this shows that if you make some noise, it can help. Do I think that if we had made far more noise that we would have killed the bill all together? Perhaps we would of, I don't know, hindsight is 20/20, but for those of you who are calling out goal and saying they shouldn't have compromised and they should have basically went in there shouting molan labe mother ****er, please save it. Many of those people didn't even bother to take a simple day off work to help.

To everyone I met, to everyone who helped, made phone calls, donated to groups and helped pay for busses, to those who took time out of their lives and days to stand in the cold and hold signs, write letters, and meet with their legislators......thank you. Contrary to what some here may have to tell you, I think it actually worked to some degree.

You make a valid point here! I've spoken to many of these guys at the clubs that have touted for years that the FID is Shall issue and the didn't think there was any way it would change.

You make a valid point here! I've spoken to many of these guys at the clubs that have touted for years that the FID is Shall issue and the didn't think there was any way it would change.

You're damn right. I'm glad as hell to be honest, I hope it hurts. For years and years they've been ignoring us and the legislation cause it didn't affect them. Welcome to the club *******.

THERE SHOULDN'T BE SUITABILITY. SHALL ISSUE OR GTFO. IS THAT TOO HARD TO COMPREHEND? YOU CAN EITHER OWN A FIREARM AND CARRY IT OR YOU CAN'T.

1,000,000,000,000,000 times this! its that 7ucking simple.....it real is!!!!

I think it's funny how so many people in this thread are actually happy with what's going on.

Pretty telling if you ask me.

I think it funny how people don't think peterson sold them out ....and if you look at what he did at the rally you will see it was all a set up (he is speaking and Deleo walking up the steps point's at Peterson and said ARE YOU WITH ME ON THIS Peterson looks at Deleo and said something like I CAN'T!! NOT ON THIS ONE if you was at the rally you would have seen Deleo waiting for Peterson to start speaking ................My only QUESTION is how much of this did GOAL know about before the rally before the voting. As I no longer support GOAL (I also pay for 7 memberships ) but I think its time to stop and support GOA

Last edited:
So, DeLeo saves face...

Interesting that Fox25 at 10 last night led with the Feds investigating him, and didn't even mention the bill being passed... by the time they mentioned it after 11 (and again the only time I've heard it this morning) the only thing they mention is suitability and the FTF web portal [rolleyes]

What about all the important stuff?! The safer schools, hall monitors?... teacher paid time off for training?!

My license is gonna have a suicide prevention hotline number printed on it, for ******'s sake.

There are gun owners in this state with grampa's DB shotty in the closet with no FID and no intent to get one... couldn't care less- "Fudds", I guess we call them...

On the opposite end, are the Molon Labe crowd... deep in ideals and rhetoric. It makes for great drama. I get it. ..and I don't. It doesn't further our common cause. It cancels out with the MOM in the front row, with the purple pants suit...and her knitting, with the sign that says "If it saves only one child"... Rest assured what you think of her is what they think of you...

Somewhere in the middle is reality.

Given the current political situation in this state, we sidestepped a kill shot and got clipped yesterday. Playing the game the way the game is played, doing business as business is done... call it what you want. Happy to have been wounded? OF COURSE NOT... I know, I know... ML. Keep it up. They just might. Sidestepping yesterdays potential allows us to fight on another day... to potentially heal this and past injustices... otherwise we're just absorbed over time (fudds), or burn out and are left laying on the field.

I personally think Mr. Peterson dove on a grenade for us yesterday... and I think all the other (R)'s in the room knew it. I think GOAL was effective, I think NES'rs calling/writing/emailing/showing up was effective... I think the threat of Comm2a waiting in the wings, effective. I don't know WHAT the NRA is crowing about, but then I only know what I'm allowed to know. Every little piece, effective. Every little piece alone? We'd have CT... CO... NY... whatever... pick one. But look at them all.

The reality of it is, some of the ML crowd want more overbearing gun control, so they have something to be disobedient about... a line in the sand... this far, no further, I will not comply. I'd rather have what we had here, and continue it. Stem the tide. Continue with facts, defeat them with their own logic. This could have been much, much worse. ..and so, yes. In that sense, I'm "happy". ---> [sad2]

I suppose I could GTFO, and I won't lie and say I haven't considered it... Unfortunately my actions affect so many more than myself. It sounds easy, and I guess on surficial levels it is... were I single I might be gone already... somewhere. Unfortunately, this crap will follow. If we had a President that hadn't squandered all his political capital elsewhere, who hadn't Alfred E. Newman'd himself SO, so many times before Newtown and since (thank you, Mr. President), this landscape would have looked a whole lot different than it did even yesterday morning, before Mr. DeLeo saved face.... CT... CO... NY...

Flame me, curse me, feed little excerpts of the reality above back to me out of context...whatever you need to make it sit right... IRDGAF...Truth is, we got clipped, and the fight goes on...

and I gotta go to work.

The difference is that (assuming that this chunk of the bill passes unchanged) before you'd be in full compliance of the letter of the law by sending in a printed FA10 from the PDF the state published on their website, and you had 7 days to do it.

Now, *in law*, there's no legal way to transfer a gun without using a computer and The Internet (which is in fact a restriction on some people) *and* you have to do it *before* the transaction. It went from "reporting" to "approval", and that's very bad.

The COP in Walpole said that EVERYONE has access to a computer, they can go to the library and use one. Yea I can see that, you walk into the library with your AR-15 to transfer on their PC, nothing to see here folks move along

So, DeLeo saves face...

This also speaks volumes. (not to discount the rest of your rant). The reality is that DeLeo had to pass something this session. We talk about the corruption legal issues ending his House Speaker position, but politically, if he didn't get this done this session, I think he would lose a lot of credibility with the D's and may have had his position as speaker challenged. Think of it, gun control legislation is an easy layup in deep blue MA, and the speaker can't get it done? Career-ender.

I think the only reason it came out as favorably as it did was our unanticipated collective response, coupled with time being so short on the current session.

Listening to NPR local news this morning they were claiming it as a show of support for a "strong gun control bill". They soecifically referenced suitability for FID as a good point.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

So, question, did you go to all the hearing screening Molon Labe not going to give up my guns no compromise! No? You somehow expected somebody else to do that for you though? Hmmm

I did go to some not all (BUT I HAVE A REASON FOR THAT ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LOOK UP MY GRANDSON ETHAN ON THIS BOARD)

NEED YOUR PRAYS FOR MY GRANDSON HE IS IN FOR A Brain tumor

Last edited:
Time to start calling R reps about the AWB? What better time to push for a repeal than now? You are all shouting to the choir. I dont think anyone on this forum supports suitability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom