• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Violence report in the hands of DeLeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any compromise on the birth right of self defense is a defeat. I don't understand how people can't grasp it.

Henceforth, can we all start referring to it as a pyrrhric victory*?

*A Pyrrhic victory is a victory with such a devastating cost that it is tantamount to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way; however, the heavy toll negates any sense of achievement or profit (another term for this would be "hollow victory")

Printed for reference. Will come in handy when sending out emails either "thank you for trying" or "I will vote against you as will many of my friends and family". Thanks

I am printing it out to pin on the cork wall of my club. I am also going to ask a few Gun shops to post it.

Think about the alternative if we all just "turtled up" and did nothing when the Speaker of the House submitted his original bill.

Sadly enough, there are people who were fully aware of what was going on from day one, and still couldn't find the time or even be bothered to make calls, write an email, attend a rally... anything. Whatever. I don't want to be one of those dudes constantly whining "Where were you, man?!!!" and I know people are busy with work and family things and so on...

Complacency in our own ranks is what buries us but it seems that this time we whipped up a lot more noise than most thought we could. I'm not "grateful" or "thankful" by any means of what came out as H.4278, but I recognize that our efforts at least did something to slow down that freedom-stripping, hot poker-tipped, cavity probe train that was heading full steam up our collective asses.

I'm not sure how to feel about GOAL though. They did a lot, that's for sure. But to call this a "victory"? C'mon guys. That's silly talk.

Who here has brought up repealing the AWB with their reps yet? If you are posting here you can send an email.

Here is your copy and paste email for those that voted no.

Hello _________,

I just wanted to take the time to thank your for standing against the recent bill passed by the house. Thanks to your resistance and others like you this bill was far more watered down than was originally proposed.

With the passing of this bill by the house NOW is the time to push back. Now is the time to get a repeal of the "assault" weapon ban in front of the house to further increase the rights of Massachusetts residents. We have a motivated minority population that with their calls and actions greatly reduced this bill, lets see if we can use that organized voice to expand the rights of MA residents.

Please consider doing everything in your power to get an AWB repeal in front of the house while this session is still active.

Regards,

HK, I (and everyone else) respect your opinions and posts, but there's no way you can say "good" to FID may issue and really mean it. This is one of THE biggest/greatest 2nd Amendment RIGHTS that we HAD left in this f*cked up CommonPuke of LiberChusetts, and now you say "Good" that a Chief of Police "may issue"???? (like the Waltham scumball piece of sh*t who had the power to deny (and DID deny) law abiding citizens their applications for LTCs (and now would FIDs), and he had the denial power and exercised said power FREQUENTLY - all while beating the living HELL out of his own wife (plead guilty) repeatedly in their home. And he's just ONE of the disgusting Power-Crazed Nazi CoPs in this Fourth Reich known as Massachusetts. There are many more d*ickhead CoPs just like him, all of whom now will have the power to DENY a basic RIGHT here in the CommonPuke. Your 16 year old can be denied his first rifle, your wife her RIGHT to protect herself with Pepper Spray (don't forget, that one is still in limbo even though the public thinks it "passed" recently). More "denied" stamps on more RIGHTS, and you suggest (hopefully in sarcasm??) that this is "Good" because now Elmer Fudd from Boonietown Massachusetts will be pissed off??

Perhaps I'm jaded but ya, I sort of do. I stood in front of a room of about of 100 supreme fudds. Peterson was actually in the room as well and spoke before I did and barely mentioned how utterly dangerous the legislation being proposed was.

I was blatantly flat out ignores and when I tried to engage them face to face some asked "why or how does this affect me, I don't own those types of guns".

Ok. Fine. You helped make this bed, now lie in it. Sometimes to win the war, you have to take a bullet, this is one of those times. If this change in the law gets 500, 1000, 2000 more people in our corner to start pushing in the other direction, than so be it.

Let me put it this way we still have FTF but you need to use the portal Right? Ok before was paper and most of the time the state lost the paper .But now you have the portal that is a database so if anyone thinks this is not firearm registration you are dreaming .

Let me put it this way we still have FTF but you need to use the portal Right? Ok before was paper and most of the time the state lost the paper .But now you have the portal that is a database so if anyone thinks this is not firearm registration you are dreaming .

We already have registration of sales. This doesnt change that. Have you contacted your rep today? You seem to have alot of energy, put it to use.

We already have registration of sales. This doesnt change that. Have you contacted your rep today? You seem to have alot of energy, put it to use.

Mass never had firearm registration or any database

And yes I contacted my rep my wife and his wife work together Thank you for asking

This is what I sent to my Yes-voting Dem. Rep:

As a legal gun owner in MA, I'm very disappointed in the position you took to further empower MA Chiefs of Police to deny MA citizens their natural, constitutional, civil rights by reducing the FID license from a "shall" issue to a may issue, pending the COP assessment of suitability. LTC and FID licenses should be "shall" issue, based on standard Federal definitions of "prohibitied persons".

With all due respect to Chiefs of Police in our state (and XXXXXXX in our town), you have severely infringed on the rights of the people, purportedly to benefit public safety, by empowering the COPs to not only enforce laws (as they should), but to use their judgement to predict who "might" break laws in the future. This is not their job, and shouldn't even be a Judge's, unless a legal instrument like a restraining order is in place.

I respect your desire to "do something" about societal violence, but abandoning due process and usurping citizens' rights was the wrong thing to do. Criminals break the law, regardless of how difficult it is for non-criminals to follow the law.

Mass never had firearm registration or any database

And yes I contacted my rep my wife and his wife work together Thank you for asking

If that was the case, then why can they provide you with a list of every gun you have ever owned along with who you bought it from and it's serial number? I got that list (6 pages long) and used it to compare to my records. They have it, it may not be called registration but look at the EFA10 and it says "Gun Registration" right at the top.

If that was the case, then why can they provide you with a list of every gun you have ever owned along with who you bought it from and it's serial number? I got that list (6 pages long) and used it to compare to my records. They have it, it may not be called registration but look at the EFA10 and it says "Gun Registration" right at the top.

I can't answer that I can only tell you that mass never had gun registration

I am going to email thanks to the people whom voted against it.
I may also start contributing to those....
You get the idea.
We fought and I got a chance to meet and walk with giants.
At worst ...a stalemate.
ggboy

There's a database in Chelsea that proves you wrong. Whether or not they call it registration is irrelevant. They can call it pumpkin pie an it's still registration.

Not sure what your point is anyway. We had registration we still have registration. That part didn't change. The method with which we register changed but the end result is the same.

There is still no provision to remove firearms you have owned but sold correct? Soon as this passes should have a shoot where a 10/22 is transferred to every person with transfers left at the party. Corrupt the data.

That is true, they call it "Sale Registration" but since they can give you a list of every gun that was on the database as ever belonging to you, it is gun registration

if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it isn't a robin

I
It is clear to me that the strong reaction to this bill that many people took the time to communicate DIRECTLY to their representatives had an impact. IMHO the changes in this bill did not come as a result of ANY lobbying done by an organization but from direct contact/communication with representatives done by their constituents. While organizations (including GOAL) can take credit for mobilizing this effort it was the people themselves who accomplished whatever was eventually accomplished.

That is a lesson to be learned here. Nobody (GOAL, GOA, COMM2A, NRA) can protect your rights alone. You must ultimately get involved yourself.
The strong reaction to the bill gets their attention, then you need an experienced lobby to help influence and/or craft the replacement law

You keep repeating this in the face of all evidence to the contrary. If you know something the rest of us don't, which I doubt, share.

Otherwise, the evidence is a long time electronic portal for dealers that sends sale/transfer data directly to the state (you think it's going to dev/null?), a paper form that was clearly designed with OCR in mind and then, later, a web version of that same form. You and the state can call it what you like but when the data consists of my name and the make/model/serial# of the gun I just bought and it's sent directly to the state, I'll call it registration.

The strong reaction to the bill gets their attention, then you need an experienced lobby to help influence and/or craft the replacement law

Does GOAL have an AWB repeal bill written up? If it doesnt why not? What can I do to make it happen? Today is the day folks.

You know,one of the big arguments about not being able to vote via computer from home in this state was because the minorities or poor might not have access to computers.
So,this new bill proposing that all gun sales go through a web portal is racial discrimination.
The whole premise that one person (chief) can tell another individual they can't exercise their constitutional right (even though there is no dis-qualifier) is discrimination.imho

Absolutely correct! It is also the same as Boris mentioned last night in this thread that it is considered racist to have to show id to vote, yet subjecting the same minority to have to jump through several hoops, COUGH UP $100 to get a license and then still have to undergo a background check at the point of sale simply to exercise their civil, Constitution, and GOD-GIVEN right is somehow NOT considered racist blows my mind and completely defies common sense!!!

Ok I don't get it.

When Deleo first announced the bill I had GOAL in my Twitter and Facebook feeds constantly at least 2 times a day all the way up to last Friday. I didn't find out about yesterday's circle jerk till I read it here on NES and then I believe I recieved just one email from GOAL at some point yesterday and so far that's it.

I always have my tinfoil hat on and it just seems odd that they have been this quiet compaired to the past lets say the past month. And come to think of it actually ever since Mr. Wallace's meet with Deleo it's been awfully quiet at least on my end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom