Gun Shows Canceled

White Plains, NY - City Center canceled...looking for a new location
Danbury, CT - cancelled
Suffern, NY - cancelled
Waterbury, CT - temp cancelled
Poughkeepsie, NY - temp cancelled

Please check promoters websites for updates...

I wouldn't be surprised if it's because most of the usual vendors who sell at these events are nearly out of stock of firearms. The ammo guys are probably fairly picked over as well.

Since gun show prices are usually a little over the top, and everything is a little over the top. Its going to take them a while to figure out all their pricing so that they are not actually giving out deals.

Since gun show prices are usually a little over the top, and everything is a little over the top. Its going to take them a while to figure out all their pricing so that they are not actually giving out deals.

Hopefully this recent feeding frenzy is only driving up the prices of high demand EBR's and not affecting the other stuff that us more refined collectors are seeking.

Let me guess, knee-jerk reaction by venue management people ??? [sad2]

I wouldn't be surprised if it's because most of the usual vendors who sell at these events are nearly out of stock of firearms. The ammo guys are probably fairly picked over as well.
I'ld say both. More knee jerk reaction but definately some stock issues too.

The next gun show in New England will most likely resemble Black Friday sales at dept. stores. Except no door buster deals, instead the highest prices anyone has ever seen.

The next gun show in New England will most likely resemble Black Friday sales at dept. stores. Except no door buster deals, instead the highest prices anyone has ever seen.

Agreed, and I'm staying away from Carole's shows for that reason, until things calm down.

My thoughts also. Everybody's so empty of stock, if they held them, they'd be called just "Shows."

Has nothing to do with dealers or stock. Venues canceling or local politicians demanding shows be cancelled.

picked over and probably dont want to deal with protestors. maybe the next MA gunshow should have a rally point for NESers to meet, discuss etc?

My guess is half the dealers are either dumping out because of not enough stock (they're blown out pretty much clean on anything that isn't a fudd-like gun) or they would lose money closing up that pack-up friday to even bother going to a gun show.

-Mike

I can't wait for the next show. The people watching will be the best it has ever been. It will also be interesting to see who shows up for dealers and what they have.

The guy I work for part time has little to nothing left in stock and CANT get anything to replace it. Sure we have used shotguns and a few new handguns but ALL of the distributors have told him they are out of stock and those who do have inventory are saying 3 to 4 weeks delivery time. There is a show coming up in New Hampshire but hang onto your hats. The prices will be off the charts. Personally I am NOT buying anything during this frenzy. I have been lucky enough to have purchased over the years items I wanted or felt I wanted[wink].

I could be wrong about the inventory and maybe dealers will have some stock but prices.........I fear will be awful IMHO.

High prices and frenzied buying would bring even more cool stuff out of the woodwork. This is about CYA.

I've got an FAL I've been thinking of unloading - now I'm thinking the Manchester show that's coming up might be a good place to do it. I've always seen the people walking around with rifles on their back and the little flags sticking out of the muzzle with the "For Sale" sign on them - but what would be the deal if I'm selling to an out of state resident - find an FFL at the show who do the transfer? (I'm a MA resident - the show is in NH - so the transfer would likely be to a NH resident).

I've got an FAL I've been thinking of unloading - now I'm thinking the Manchester show that's coming up might be a good place to do it. I've always seen the people walking around with rifles on their back and the little flags sticking out of the muzzle with the "For Sale" sign on them - but what would be the deal if I'm selling to an out of state resident - find an FFL at the show who do the transfer? (I'm a MA resident - the show is in NH - so the transfer would likely be to a NH resident).

Yeah, must go through FFL. Could go through FFL to NH or MA resident.

-Mike

I'm hoping the Marlboro show is still on too. Can't wait to people watch. Maybe I'll walk around with one of my ARs to see how many crazy offers I get.

Back
Top Bottom