• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

gun shopping(well browsing) on the web

In response to a thread on a different forum I listed three shops with their used and sometimes new inventory on their web sites. Some even have their retail (not MSRP) prices.

I know of Four Seasons in Woburn, A. G. Gun in Lowell and Collectors Gallery in Stoneham who make this info available.

I am not plugging any of these specific shops, just saying I browse their sites often.

There must be others. Is it worth asking the Moderators to put a Sticky thread, maybe in the classifieds section ? We all might find a new place to checkout or a specific gun we have wanted.

Bill

Did you try the Dealer Classifieds? I think a sticky with Gun Shop web sites would be useful, but I don't think many shops update or maintain their site very well(If they even have one) so it might not work.

Yes I read the dealer ads.

I don't mean all gun shops. I mean the ones who list their used inventory on the web. For example the 'nothing but used guns' link at Four Seasons.

No need to maintain links or anything, I'd just like to know what else is out there.

If the mods consider it a conflict with the dealer section then maybe it won't work.

Bill

AG Guns in Lowell, although I despise the shop (check out the review thread)
Northeast Traders, another controversial shop
First Defense, although it's a little messy and not always complete
Yankee Artifacts

Shooter's Box in Malden is very fair. Great prices on ammo and very fair for used firearms. The inventory covers a wide selection, but there isn't much of it. Be warned, it looks sketchy because it's in the back of a Mineke.

Four Seasons is good and Carl's a great guy. Only problem is that they really only deal in defense items/accessories.

North Shore Firearms is a nice place to get apparel and some nice shotguns for skeet/hunting/trap.

Law Enforcement Equipment in Waltham has great prices on ammo and S&Ws

McElhiney's in Waltham is great for rare, engraved, or limited edition firearms. But he is hard to get a hold of

AG Guns in Lowell, although I despise the shop (check out the review thread)

I bought one revolver there 18 months ago and stopped in one other time to check out a used .22

Yes I do see the issue people here may have had with them, attitude or an odd sense of humor, but no one seems to touch their prices, even the chains sale prices are not much better (I have been watching 870 prices but have not bought one yet). One thing I did was when I walked in is I said 'Hi' first. Something I rarely do but it seemed to help with the attitude issue.

I just don't see why more shops don't list their inventory on their web pages.
It has to help sales.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom