• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun owner arrested in NJ after illegal search!

I am a lawyer. That was an illegal search.

Problems are:

1) the cops don't care and will do them anyway
2) the prosecutors don't care and will drag you through court
3) if you manage to win you still come out the other side broke, jobless and without your guns
4) if you win nothing happens to the cops or the prosecutors as punishment for violating your rights.

When this country collapses and another is created in its place there are three changes that need to be made.
1) all arrests go to trial, no plea bargains
2) if the prosecution loses, the prosecution pays for the entire defense and reimburses the defendant for all costs and wages lost and is liable in civil court for damages
3) all people involved in arresting and prosecuting for charges where rights are violated are immediately fired and/or disbarred.

The cops had no reasonable suspicion of illegal activity prior to entering his dwelling, which they entered without his consent. This whole thing is rotten.

Problems are:

3) if you manage to win you still come out the other side broke, jobless and without your guns
4) if you win nothing happens to the cops or the prosecutors as punishment for violating your rights.

When this country collapses and another is created in its place there are three changes that need to be made.
2) if the prosecution loses, the prosecution pays for the entire defense and reimburses the defendant for all costs and wages lost and is liable in civil court for damages
3) all people involved in arresting and prosecuting for charges where rights are violated are immediately fired and/or disbarred.

You're not kidding. I was involved in an accident with the 911 operator who tool my calls family member. Needless to say even though they did no reconstruction (local MSP reconstructionist was on and available but not notified), they impounded my car for over 1mo, charged me with everything under the sun. The guy never took a rider class, no license or permit, non dot helmet, and the reconstructionist I had to pay calculated him 75-80 in a 25 zone. It took me over $10k fighting it and all I got from the judge after his ruling was sorry you had to go through all this. The F'in ADA even knew they guy and that's why they wouldn't let up on jail time. They don't care who's right or wrong or what it's going to cost. If they have it in for you then you're screwed unless you have the resources to fight it.

This guy may have an illegal search but they are going to put him through hell to get it thrown out. Not to mention financially and the stress. Who knows maybe he will get a "sorry" from the judge[rolleyes][angry]

Police don't care about the law, so neither should we.

Exactly

- - - Updated - - -

You're not kidding. I was involved in an accident with the 911 operator who tool my calls family member. Needless to say even though they did no reconstruction (local MSP reconstructionist was on and available but not notified), they impounded my car for over 1mo, charged me with everything under the sun. The guy never took a rider class, no license or permit, non dot helmet, and the reconstructionist I had to pay calculated him 75-80 in a 25 zone. It took me over $10k fighting it and all I got from the judge after his ruling was sorry you had to go through all this. The F'in ADA even knew they guy and that's why they wouldn't let up on jail time. They don't care who's right or wrong or what it's going to cost. If they have it in for you then you're screwed unless you have the resources to fight it.

This guy may have an illegal search but they are going to put him through hell to get it thrown out. Not to mention financially and the stress. Who knows maybe he will get a "sorry" from the judge[rolleyes][angry]
Or an early morning drone strike.

Problems are:

You speak the truth, most folks can't afford me, most of my criminal clients are court appointed.

Only a matter of time now before someone snaps and Police stations start turning to ash. That is the down fall of being human eventually you must sleep.

Either NJ or NY will go up in flames, keep poking the Bees nest eventually the bees will retaliate.

Only a matter of time now before someone snaps and Police stations start turning to ash. That is the down fall of being human eventually you must sleep.

Either NJ or NY will go up in flames, keep poking the Bees nest eventually the bees will retaliate.

I was born and raised in north Jersey. The whole Tri-state area will just roll over for this. Nothing will happen in that area. I believe the country will split, and there will be areas that will put up with this shit, and areas that won't. I'll be moving to an area that won't.

Hudson Catholic High School, which is located near Pantaleon's residence, and another nearby school, Primary Prep Elementary School, sent notices to parents.
In the letter posted on the elementary school's website, director Maureen Hoffman says she was notified by Jersey City Police Chief Tom Comey that a man was arrested in possession of a "dangerous weapon" and ammunition.
"I was assured by the chief of police that there is no indication of terrorist activity . . . As always, school safety is our number one priority," reads the letter.

[puke2]

Hudson Catholic High School, which is located near Pantaleon's residence, and another nearby school, Primary Prep Elementary School, sent notices to parents.
In the letter posted on the elementary school's website, director Maureen Hoffman says she was notified by Jersey City Police Chief Tom Comey that a man was arrested in possession of a "dangerous weapon" and ammunition.
"I was assured by the chief of police that there is no indication of terrorist activity . . . As always, school safety is our number one priority," reads the letter.

Another ****en retard claiming to be an educator.

In Mass, the landlord would have NO RIGHT to allow ANY person into a tenant's apartment, absent a clear emergency (like smoke or water pouring out of the apartment) without the permission of the tenant.

If that is true in NJ, then the police would have had no lawful right or reason to be in that apartment and anything they saw or discovered should be thrown out.

Of course, the man has lost his job, his apartment, his guns and his life savings if he has any, but if justice is served he won't go to jail. Of course he IS in jail for lack of bail money...

(Lack of heat might be a reason to knock on the door and ask if he is ok, but does NOT give the landlord the right to admit someone to an apartment)

Guy spent a month in jail before he could get the bail lowered and get out. There NEEDS to be personal liability to any cop who does something like this. They need to be at risk of criminal charges and have their own money at stake in a lawsuit. Only when they have risk will they act ethically.

Keith Pantaleon Granted Suppression of All Evidence Obtained Due To Jersey City Officers’ Unlawful Entry of His Home

http://www.evannappen.com/jersey-cit...-his-home.html

fixed link

Excellent, another thing I can put on the list of: "things I knew would happen". See Post #17.

Edit:

Oh, and I forgot to add the mandatory, "Cops fu@cking suck."

Back
Top Bottom