• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun owner arrested in NJ after illegal search!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if these cops ever stop and think for a second about what their doing. These stories truly make my blood pressure go up.

Thats odd. Why didn't he kill them, or try to kill them? Wouldn't he be within his right to do that? Wouldn't he expect that anyone who does this is going to cause him great bodily harm?

Fruit of the poisonous tree from an illegal search?
It sure seems that way, but there is very little info out there on this case. I'd rather not speculate and put ideas out there that aren't true, but it sure seems like abuse of power.

Wish my brother wasn't a vegan "liberal" living in NJ. I'm having less in common with him every year.

So, the landlord entered his apartment, saw an AR and called the cops?
That's what I was thinking. Ugh.

Perhaps they have a version of Comm2A that can lend a hand.

---
The assault rifle had a bayonet mount and its barrel was threaded to accept a muzzle flash suppresser, making it illegal in New Jersey, Deputy Police Chief Peter Nalbach said.

Pantaleon was also charged with unlawfully transporting a large-capacity ammunition magazine when three, 30-round magazines were found at his home Friday, the complaint says. Police did not say what led them to Pantaleon's residence.
Still not sure how the cops got in the apt in the first place.

Link - Jersey City police say man had illegal rifle, handguns, prohibited bullets in home | NJ.com

--
Some more info here - Stand4Keith & Fight Police Tyranny in NJ by Roslyn Campbell - GoFundMe

Last edited:
Guy's toast. Not licensed in NJ. Landlord let the cops in to check on a "heating problem". Guy comes out of the bedroom with a zippered bag containing a handgun. Cops say, "What's in your hand". Search follows.

Good news is he's out on recognizance now. Bad news is ... he's toast. I'm pondering a contribution to his legal defense, but he's ****ed.

Oh, and did I mention that he's an RKBA activist, apparently, who has already pissed off the NJ cops by vidio recording them. Yeah. He's toast.

Nevermind, found the link. Can't believe I missed that info. I was on that page earlier today!

He had already started the permitting process in NJ, but I guess they DGAF.

Last edited:
Presumably they had no warrant and no probable cause for a search. This is still America. With a good lawyer the guns will be tossed as the results of an illegal search and after considerable expense, he will be exonerated, likely without even a trial. If the prosecutors do decide to try him and he is found guilty by a mentally retarded jury, it will be flipped on appeal. But its going to cost him a pretty penny.

It sure seems that way, but there is very little info out there on this case. I'd rather not speculate and put ideas out there that aren't true, but it sure seems like abuse of power.

Wish my brother wasn't a vegan "liberal" living in NJ. I'm having less in common with him every year.

That's what I was thinking. Ugh.

My brother lives in Manhattan....and he thinks NYC is all unicorns and rainbows. Even after subway detectives threw him to the ground and arrested him after seeing him pick his fingernails with a pocket Swiss Army, with a 1.5" blade. [puke2]

Presumably they had no warrant and no probable cause for a search. This is still America. With a good lawyer the guns will be tossed as the results of an illegal search and after considerable expense, he will be exonerated, likely without even a trial. If the prosecutors do decide to try him and he is found guilty by a mentally retarded jury, it will be flipped on appeal. But its going to cost him a pretty penny.

They are all mentally retarded. It's Jersey City. The armpit of the crotch of NJ.

So, the landlord entered his apartment, saw an AR and called the cops?

No. I clicked on the link that says "read more" and found this segment from the Landlord.

http://www.gofundme.com/Stand4Keith Read the second story down: Update

"When the owner opened Keith's apartment the officer walked in and knocked on Keith's bedroom door ( this is the loud noise Keith said he heard through his headphones) He had NO idea that there are people inside his apartment so he grabs the zipper pouch with his hand gun inside. When he sees the police at the front with the landlord and someone in his living room he puts it down, but the officer saw the motion, drew his gun on him, and asked what it was he had in his hand. With guns drawn they went into his room, found the zipper pouch, unzipped it to reveal the hand gun, and place Keith under arrest. This is what the landlord described."
Best regards.

Last edited:
Illegal Search.

I hope so, but I really don't think so. The property owner let the cops in to investigate a heating problem. The tenant comes out of the bedroom with a zippered bag in his hand that arouses suspicion. Looks like he's reaching for a gun? The bag is found to contain a gun. The guy has no NJ license. Subsequent search reveals more guns.

Wish we had a lawyer here, but I think they've all been banned.

My brother lives in Manhattan....and he thinks NYC is all unicorns and rainbows. Even after subway detectives threw him to the ground and arrested him after seeing him pick his fingernails with a pocket Swiss Army, with a 1.5" blade. [puke2]

Awful. I'd be livid.

I was in NYC in November 2011 (before my LTC) and some big drunk racist hobo was pissing in the subway and threatening white folks in the vicinity. No employees or cops in this subway... We ignored him and didn't make eye contact (I sure as hell would not have been backed up by father or my brother), but it was scary, even with my S&W HRT on me.

I think he disappeared into the tunnels since I didn't see him get on the train. Meanwhile, there's 5-0 topside harassing some vendor trying to cross the busy street, telling him to do what he already is in the process of doing. Cops should have been in this tunnel.

Since when are you not allowed to grab objects in your own home. He did not display anything so they had no reason for a search. The whole thing stinks and I would assume was a fishing expedition against him. I would not be surprised to see more and more of these happening.

Back
Top Bottom