• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Manufacturer Cancels Plans For New Facility In Brentwood NH

Wind I can kind of understand. Why do they bitch about solar?
Because liberals, like most of the women I know, treat life as if it's a buffet. They want the results of new technology and the ability to "champion" green energy so as to pat themselves on the back when among there peers, they just don't want to witness how it's accomplished. Sort of like the idiots that think meat comes from a store, and not the animal.

Because liberals, like most of the women I know, treat life as if it's a buffet. They want the results of new technology and the ability to "champion" green energy so as to pat themselves on the back when among there peers, they just don't want to witness how it's accomplished. Sort of like the idiots that think meat comes from a store, and not the animal.
But how are panels in someone's back yard / cranberry bog / whatever in any way impacting them? Again, the wind turbines... noise and if you're in the shadow, strobing. Panels just sit there like potted plants, or like plants turn throughout the day to face the sun.

But how are panels in someone's back yard / cranberry bog / whatever in any way impacting them? Again, the wind turbines... noise and if you're in the shadow, strobing. Panels just sit there like potted plants, or like plants turn throughout the day to face the sun.
Because they once saw their quaint view of cranberry bogs as a selling point. They don't want to look at a few thousand panel solar farm(IME what they believe to be) run by some evil greedy power company.

He was one of the hard to find workers.
i dunno, here's a quote from that article...
"In case you haven’t figured it out yet, Kevin tends to become agitated when working for anyone other than himself."
i've worked with enough people over the years like this to know that kind of guy. they never stay at a job long, a everyone is wrong, i'm right attitude, and if they don't quit they're usually terminated.

now, i still wonder what really happened to change those plans.

For those who are interested in who without wanting to click and read. It was Q LLC. AKA the company the makes the honey badger. Got to mess around with one of their bolt guns from a guy at Springfield Sportsman Club a couple months ago and it was pretty damn cool though.
Don’t forget the Sugar Weasel!!

Damn. You have to sell a lot of suppressors to generate 14M dollars in profit. He may not be as crazy as it seems.

At the time AAC had a huge piece of the MIL contracts for suppressors. The reason we always hear about Gemtech, Allen and KAC is because they had the 556 business. AAC had 100% of the 7.62, 45 and 9 cans with the military. I don’t think it was big business but they were also selling a bunch of Honey Badgers to the SF. I have an old AAC Tirant 45 and it’s probably still one of the quietest 45 cal suppressors I own. If you’re into podcasts, his Q and Ass podcast is interesting. He’s an interesting cat but he’s unlike anybody making guns and silencers in the business today. I literally own every available Q product except the Half Nelson. I’m headed up soon to do a customer build of my Mini Fix 300BLK.

From what I have heard from several former SIG employees , SIG'S problem is SIG.
When I looked at employee reviews for Sig,that seemed to be the case.
I remember talking to someone working at Shooters in Hooksett years ago who was a former employee and had similar things to say.

Hey, there's a reason Sig is always hiring!

Over the past 7 years at my current job, I’ve worked with at least 6 different former SIG employees.

the only good thing I heard was about the employee pricing.

... It would be nice to have more firearms manufacturers around New England.

check out:

and:

He makes very good stuff. My next suppressor will be a Q.
Didn't even know who they were until this thread. Another is Yankee Hill. Such cool stuff, so out of reach. It would be fun to have one of these on a .22, among other things. Your "endorsement" will make me pay better attention next time I see them mentioned. Thanks.

check out:

and:
I had no idea Savage was in MA. I was just looking at their FTR rifle.

That but in some cases these days its far worse..... someone told them it's "hip" or "mainstream" to support that crap and they double down on it. Mind virus.

Doesn't that really depends on how much he sold it for? Especially if he didn't have to sign it over with a non compete.

Yes, true enough. Makes me wonder if there were other stakeholders and he wanted to get away from them.

Or more specifically, Sig's problem is Ron Cohen. The guy who made Kimber ridiculously profitable, but destroyed the quality of their products.
Pretty much anyone I have met that worked for them has said they treat their employees like garbage.
I do know one young guy that worked for them for a while , volunteered to work every holiday and weekend shift.
Crazy long hours.
Very dedicated young man.
He got a raise.
1 cent an hour.

Gas and electric lines that would do little for the actual NH residents that would have to acquiesce.
Ya and that same line running thru Maine to benefit MA with a handful of nothing more than puss for Maine.
Yup.
Say No To CMP. You can bet your wallet I’ve supported them to stop it.

Back
Top Bottom