• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Control Is Back!

Horrible

NES Member
BACKGROUND CHECKS, BACKGROUND CHECKS, BACKGROUND CHECKS!!

http://www.slate.com/articles/healt..._deaths_and_self_defense_findings_from_a.html

Rethinking Gun Control -
Surprising findings from a comprehensive report on gun violence.

Background checks are back. Last week, Vice President Joe Biden said that five U.S. senators—enough to change the outcome—have told him they’re looking for a way to switch their votes and pass legislation requiring a criminal background check for the purchase of a firearm. Sen. Joe Manchin, the West Virginia Democrat who led the fight for the bill, is firing back at the National Rifle Association with a new TV ad. The White House, emboldened by polls that indicate damage to senators who voted against the bill, is pushing Congress to reconsider it.

Here’s a list of the 10 most salient or surprising takeaways.

1. The United States has an indisputable gun violence problem. According to the report, “the U.S. rate of firearm-related homicide is higher than that of any other industrialized country: 19.5 times higher than the rates in other high-income countries.”

Most of the remaining nine are asinine as well. But what do you expect from a bunch of DC bureaucrats, anyway!?

Be sure to take your blood pressure meds before reading!

Ironically at a time where a majority of Americans swing the other way.

Happened to see this mentioned in the Boston Globe today. Of course not on the front page.

http://www.people-press.org/2014/12/10/growing-public-support-for-gun-rights/
For the first time in more than two decades of Pew Research Center surveys, there is more support for gun rights than gun control. Currently, 52% say it is more important to protect the right of Americans to own guns, while 46% say it is more important to control gun ownership.

Ironically at a time where a majority of Americans swing the other way.

Happened to see this mentioned in the Boston Globe today. Of course not on the front page.

http://www.people-press.org/2014/12/10/growing-public-support-for-gun-rights/

I find that surprising, but encouraging. With the recent school shootings I'd have expected more of a gun control wave. Or maybe it simply follows the country's opinion of government as a whole (which right now is that Dems are a bag of crap).

I find that surprising, but encouraging. With the recent school shootings I'd have expected more of a gun control wave. Or maybe it simply follows the country's opinion of government as a whole (which right now is that Dems are a bag of crap).

It did spike the other direction right after the Newtown shootings, but has trended back the other way since. Also noted is a huge shift within the African American community

The problem is if you missed the article date, I would guess so did most others reading it. I didn't notice and thought it was a current one. Shame on yahoo for rerunning a crap article from a year and a half ago. Par for the course. Whatever it takes to keep the gun grabbers grabbing.

It is much easier to blame an object for the problem that can't defend itself, than an idiot causing the problem.

Last edited:
If you put your ear to the ground, you will also hear the whispers of a State bill soon to be crafted concerning Firearms being a medical health issue. Not that this has not been heard before, but something is forth coming from the legislature.

Keep your eyes and ears open for this one.

If you put your ear to the ground, you will also hear the whispers of a State bill soon to be crafted concerning Firearms being a medical health issue. Not that this has not been heard before, but something is forth coming from the legislature.

Keep your eyes and ears open for this one.

There were staffers blabbering about lining up the various municipal public health commissions that on the steps of the statehouse during the public hearing on Deleo's Bill. I've also noticed the press and activists starting to use medical language in addition to the associative semantics of "gun violence". All of a sudden places are "immune" or "infected" with "gun violence" and need to be "innoculated" etc.

Of course no mention of cracking down on street gangs and career criminals or providing sufficient psychiatric beds for the mentally ill.

Back
Top Bottom