Gun Confiscation Coming in Virginia

The media focused mostly on the rally outside and unfortunately, not much coverage indoors in the General Assembly Building. In the morning, around 8am, it was in the low 20s deg. I waited about an hour to get inside the building. Then I waited some more for my Delegate to show up. Granted we did not have an appointment set with him. We discussed facts and data. He seemed receptive. We only had maybe 5 minutes or so, no more than 10, I think. He had another meeting to get to but was happy to listen and even took down notes about things that piqued his interest. He wrote down his personal cell phone on a business card should I need to discuss or share information with him, continue the conversation.

On to my Senator... no confirmed appointment, so was just waiting in line behind others who wanted to speak with her. She didn’t seem as piqued and interested but she took the time to listen. She expressed things like “Oh, I didn’t know that, I’ll have to look into it.” She had much more time available than my Delegate. Maybe her schedule was just more free in the morning.

She said that things like the AWB bill may have a hard time passing, mentioned that SB 16 was retracted. She didn’t seem to respond when it was pointed out that the HB 961 (the SB 16 replacement) is actually considered much worse because it will require what is essentially registration of your guns and violates our privacy. She did say that they in the Senate vs they in the Delegates will take things more into consideration. Implying that they don’t just ram things right through just because. She mentioned the Universal Background Check bill and how they took a look at it and ultimately amended some wording (removed “transfers” so you don’t need it if you’re transferring to family etc, but UCB will only apply to sales, thus removing the gun show loophole, in her opinion). She said they didn’t feel it was right, again, implying that they didn’t just ram things through and thought and research was put in.

Oh, and her office was shooting some kind of mist that was slowly killing me.... half way in, j was coughing and my throat was going nuts. I thought I was gonna have to walk out. Strategic tactic? Lol jk

Everyone in the building was polite and courteous... Delegates, Senators, and staffers alike. They all thanked us for coming to lobby and actually having a conversation.

Even talked to a Capitol Police officer and asked him what TQ he runs. He showed me his CAT lol

Having said that, at some point, I was in the restroom, and I overheard two people talking. I believe they were people who worked in the building, not lobbying like I was. One person said to the other, saying she spoke to a coworker earlier and asked if he was going to go out (presumably for lunch or something), she said he responded he wants to stay inside, away from all the shooters.

I’m not sure I like being referenced as a “shooter” in this case :rolleyes:🤷‍♀️

Oh! And Dick Saslaw’s office was quite popular with lobbyists. He is the one who proposed all the AWB stuff.

I'm torn on this.

I try to take the high road (and often fail at that) but when is enough, enough?

When is it the right time to water the trees?

Pace Claire Wolfe, but yesterday's event in Richmond and the success of the 2A sanctuary program have showed that the moral high ground remains nonviolent and working within the system. Mockery still beats direct confrontation. With a little luck and a lot of effort, we can get landslide victories in this election and then go full-speed to undo the damage that a century of "progressive" statists have wreaked upon our statute books.

I think the key element of the high ground is "defense". The initiator of the wet work will deserve the blame. You don't want to be that guy. But if a fascist .gov at any level sends badged thugs to use force against a peaceable citizen, I hope that many others will rally to his defense in the spirit of 1774.

Having said that, at some point, I was in the restroom, and I overheard two people talking. I believe they were people who worked in the building, not lobbying like I was. One person said to the other, saying she spoke to a coworker earlier and asked if he was going to go out (presumably for lunch or something), she said he responded he wants to stay inside, away from all the shooters.

Would have been awesome if you piped up and said, "We're in here too...We're everywhere!"

Cool pics, looks like you just missed a head on of Alex Jones sticking out of the hatch on the tinfoil-mobile with microphone in hand.

Thanks kiddo.

🐯

Actually don’t even know who he is (I do now). I just saw people point up the street and whip their cameras out. I was taking pictures of the dope Bearcat. I did NOT miss my shots lol

and by the way, I didn’t see that Mad Max Bobcat that was circulating around before with caption of “Spotted near Richmond”. Fake news??? lol

The media focused mostly on the rally outside and unfortunately, not much coverage indoors in the General Assembly Building. In the morning, around 8am, it was in the low 20s deg. I waited about an hour to get inside the building. Then I waited some more for my Delegate to show up. Granted we did not have an appointment set with him. We discussed facts and data. He seemed receptive. We only had maybe 5 minutes or so, no more than 10, I think. He had another meeting to get to but was happy to listen and even took down notes about things that piqued his interest. He wrote down his personal cell phone on a business card should I need to discuss or share information with him, continue the conversation.

On to my Senator... no confirmed appointment, so was just waiting in line behind others who wanted to speak with her. She didn’t seem as piqued and interested but she took the time to listen. She expressed things like “Oh, I didn’t know that, I’ll have to look into it.” She had much more time available than my Delegate. Maybe her schedule was just more free in the morning.

She said that things like the AWB bill may have a hard time passing, mentioned that SB 16 was retracted. She didn’t seem to respond when it was pointed out that the HB 961 (the SB 16 replacement) is actually considered much worse because it will require what is essentially registration of your guns and violates our privacy. She did say that they in the Senate vs they in the Delegates will take things more into consideration. Implying that they don’t just ram things right through just because. She mentioned the Universal Background Check bill and how they took a look at it and ultimately amended some wording (removed “transfers” so you don’t need it if you’re transferring to family etc, but UCB will only apply to sales, thus removing the gun show loophole, in her opinion). She said they didn’t feel it was right, again, implying that they didn’t just ram things through and thought and research was put in.

Oh, and her office was shooting some kind of mist that was slowly killing me.... half way in, j was coughing and my throat was going nuts. I thought I was gonna have to walk out. Strategic tactic? Lol jk

Everyone in the building was polite and courteous... Delegates, Senators, and staffers alike. They all thanked us for coming to lobby and actually having a conversation.

Even talked to a Capitol Police officer and asked him what TQ he runs. He showed me his CAT lol

I’m not sure I like being referenced as a “shooter” in this case :rolleyes:🤷‍♀️

Oh! And Dick Saslaw’s office was quite popular with lobbyists. He is the one who proposed all the AWB stuff.

Thank you for your efforts to stand up for gun owners in Virginia and the rest of the country.

The real question is whether or not it will have any effect on the pending legislation.🤞

Bob

Shut the f*** up cuck.

Were you there? Its time to get in these people's faces. f*** you f*** your opinion and f*** trying to appear good in their eyes. If you haven't noticed they hate us and casually joke about putting us in gulags, time for us to start casually talking about lobbing mk211 into substations and cellphone towers if they keep pushing.
Such an intelligent and well thought-out response, your eloquence amazes me.

Seriously, I'm all for differing opinions and a good argument, but this is nothing more than juvinial personal insults. Try to grow up a little.

Thank you for your efforts to stand up for gun owners in Virginia and the rest of the country.

The real question is whether or not it will have any effect on the pending legislation.🤞

Bob

Great question. Whatever the outcome may be, I can say I tried my best.

The next step is for all these people to be deputized by the Sheriff of a sanctuary county, have one of them fall on the sword and do something newly illegal, and wait to see what Gov. Blackface does with the Natl Guard ...

I'm not advocating for this, but someone is going to get called bluffing.

Such an intelligent and well thought-out response, your eloquence amazes me.

Seriously, I'm all for differing opinions and a good argument, but this is nothing more than juvinial personal insults. Try to grow up a little.

Says the guy who wants to appear rational to the media so they dont paint us as irrational. You can f*** right off. You and the media.

Didn't catch one, but she's the owner of Shooter's Grill in Rifle, CO. She's also running for congress.

AR-191209885.jpg

Sooooooooooooooooo NOT GUILTY!!

Seriously, I'm all for differing opinions and a good argument, but this is nothing more than juvinial personal insults.

A good argument like calling someone a “Crazy looking couch operator”, who incidentally was out and about and not on a couch, just because? Arguments like that? Holy hypocrisy Batman!

A good argument like calling someone a “Crazy looking couch operator”, who incidentally was out and about and not on a couch, just because? Arguments like that? Holy hypocrisy Batman!

This. And ill add that pussies who worry about the image we portray to the media will be the first ones to sell the rest of us out to the govt.

"Im not like them, im reasonable, i dont dress up like a couch operstor, they're the problem."

f*** you and everybody that looks like you 42, you cuck ass bitch.

I give that guy credit just for carrying that thing around with him.
That is one heavy rifle.

If you ask me he was the only one prepared if something happened!

He stood out because he was the only one with one.
If there were 100 of those on the streets he would be just another guy walking around.

It would have been a fun time talking to and being a hang around near him.

These people want to take our freedoms and some worry about a guy exercising his right..

More power to him and if anything he got gun owners to come together and support one another!
What did you do yesterday?

Mini thank you for going there and taking all the pictures and giving us a feel of what it was like!

Last edited:
This. And ill add that pussies who worry about the image we portray to the media will be the first ones to sell the rest of us out to the govt.

"Im not like them, im reasonable, i dont dress up like a couch operstor, they're the problem."

f*** you and everybody that looks like you 42, you cuck ass bitch.

Exactly. Look at every open carry thread ever on this forum. That sentiment is sadly present in all of them. “It doesn’t help our cause”. “Just because you can doesn’t mean you should”. “Just conceal. Nobody needs to brandish a rifle!”

It’s utter horseshit and is an antithesis to supporting the 2nd Amendment. It’s so disappointing seeing people on a gun forum no less, say crap like that.

Back
Top Bottom