• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Confiscation Coming in Virginia

this is what moms who need action wrote:

Yesterday, heavily armed gun extremists descended on Richmond, VA to intimidate the state's newly elected Gun Sense Majority. With the support of President Trump, they want to keep lawmakers from passing common-sense gun safety legislation.

These extremists want us to be afraid of them. But we're not going anywhere.

Join me today in our fight against gun extremism.

DEMAND ACTION

While armed, far-right extremists were in Richmond, we were hard at work. Over 100 Moms Demand Action and Students Demand Action volunteers from across the country held phone banks, generating several hundred calls to Virginia lawmakers in support of gun safety.

That's because we know that over 80% of Virginians support gun safety, and because we know the epidemic of gun violence that comes from inaction. Every day, an average of 100 people are shot and killed and hundreds more are wounded across the country.

Far-right gun extremists can try to bully us all they want, but we will keep fighting because we know that gun laws save lives.

I know that you guys want to take high road, but low road works pretty well for Democrats.

Last edited:
After watching the coverage of this yesterday. I now have the urge to buy a Barrett .50 cal. .
Or at least shoot one.

I’m a bit of a fan of the McMillan Tac-50 with a suppressor

2D18AE7C-6763-4362-961A-A5C90436253A.jpeg

It’s roughly “girlfriend sized” for size reference. I’m sure Cindy would hammer with it, and post awesome high rez photos of it.
Katie is 5’3” for scale.

66C2537B-4A17-4D5D-902C-764EC86F0B3F.jpeg

Jesus Christ. There are 37 (remaining) gun bills that the Senate committee will hear tomorrow.

There has never been a Republican-majority legislation body, federal or state, this motivated for pro-gun measures, same thing for supposedly conservative-majority courts. Controlled opposition is all they are. Lesson here is that pro-gun people need to get involved in local politics: sanctuary towns/counties can be an effective, organized line to hold the assault. We need voices/people in local GOP operations.

I know that you guys want to take high road, but low road works pretty well for Democrats.

Gun people are honorable people. We have a natural aversion to fighting dirty.

I’m a bit of a fan of the McMillan Tac-50 with a suppressor

It’s roughly “girlfriend sized” for size reference. I’m sure Cindy would hammer with it, and post awesome high rez photos of it.
Katie is 5’3” for scale.
Cindy's old avatar was her holding a Barrett up right. She's about as tall as from the butt to the top of the trigger guard. [smile]

The guy with the fifty was friendly and had a positive outlook on his reasons for being there.
The car he drove down to VA had more energy than his rifle.
And automobiles aren't protected by our constitution!

Maybe at the next rally he'll carry a Ma Deuce![smile]
Or a big black powder cannon over his shoulder![rofl]

Last edited:
The guy with the fifty was friendly and had a positive outlook on his reasons for being there.
The car he drove down to VA had more energy than his rifle.
And automobiles aren't protected by our constiution!

Maybe at the next rally he'll carry a Ma Deuce![smile]
Or a big black powder cannon over his shoulder![rofl]
Guy on another forum I'm on said the guy with the fifty lives close to him, and owns a gun shop.

I would be willing to bet that most of these moms have a firearm for protection.

I’d be willing to donate 100 lawn signs to them stating that their home is gun free.

Exactly. Look at every open carry thread ever on this forum. That sentiment is sadly present in all of them. “It doesn’t help our cause”. “Just because you can doesn’t mean you should”. “Just conceal. Nobody needs to brandish a rifle!”

It’s utter horseshit and is an antithesis to supporting the 2nd Amendment. It’s so disappointing seeing people on a gun forum no less, say crap like that.

Everyone take a breath and remember "shotguns in the quad on church day".

PREACH!
Peaceful protest will never get you anywhere, period. It didn't help the pussy hats, it didn't help the injuns in Dakota, and it won't do a thing for us. Politicians in general just don't really give a f*** about the "we the people"'s opinion.
Kiccker is, it's the people who tell others to dress nicely, pick up their trash, and be the best beta cucks they can be, who are calling the French cowards.

PREACH!
Peaceful protest will never get you anywhere, period. It didn't help the pussy hats, it didn't help the injuns in Dakota, and it won't do a thing for us. Politicians in general just don't really give a f*** about the "we the people"'s opinion.
Kiccker is, it's the people who tell others to dress nicely, pick up their trash, and be the best beta cucks they can be, who are calling the French cowards.
This event was a watershed moment in the history of civil rights, and has quietly changed the narrative for at least the next generation.

Sure, the media will tank it when they couldn't turn it bad. But the people who were there will talk of it, quietly, surreptitiously even. With forbidden knowledge of the truth of the day.

They will hold and tell of the grievances they were not permitted to petition the government for redress without being forced to give up other rights. They will tell of how the government endangered people by shunting them into large groups, unable to move, blocking exts, just fodder for a bomb or a panic.

All of this will be remembered by future generations. Those of us who were there can say, forever, I was there. We tried the peaceful resolution. We tried diplomacy. We showed our bona fides. Yet you, Democrats, continued to attack the civil rights of Americans, unjustly, and we could no longer stand by idly.

PREACH!
Talking softly, and talking softly while carrying a big stick are opposite things. The former is harmless, the later is peaceful by choice, and a reminder to the question: how good is your 1000-yard security perimeter?

Sure, the media will tank it when they couldn't turn it bad. But the people who were there will talk of it, quietly, surreptitiously even. With forbidden knowledge of the truth of All of this will be remembered by future generations. Those of us who were there can say, forever, I was there. We tried the peaceful resolution. We tried diplomacy. We showed our bona fides. Yet you, Democrats, continued to attack the civil rights of Americans, unjustly, and we could no longer stand by idly.
Sounds like a lame speach straight out of Braveheart. NOBODY will remember, outside of the people who were there. Because it was an uneventful event. You accomplished nothing, except showing them that you will disarm and play nice whenever they tell you to. Because that's exactly what happened. They're not impressed, and for good reason. Sorry to burst your freedom fighter bubble here.
Talking softly, and talking softly while carrying a big stick are opposite things. The former is harmless, the later is peaceful by choice, and a reminder to the question: how good is your 1000-yard security perimeter?
The biggest stick in the world isn't helping your case if you don't have the nuts to swing it. Just ask Obama, he had it, and nobody was scared. I know the difference between peaceful and harmless. You're making my point. You're peaceful when you are willing, and have the skill and means, to perpetrate a great deal of violence, but don't do it by choice.
You guys may have the skills, and you may have the means, but you do not have the will. And, sorry again for the bubble bursting, that makes you the picture of harmless, until you prove otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom