• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Confiscation Begins In Massachusetts

Yup. Never needed anything to possess in NH. That's all in the bizzaro would of MA.

And, you don't really need it any longer. It was only really needed for CC.
Your really a couple of votes for Governor away from being the northern most county in Mass. Renew, avoid the rush.

I support what the dude is doing and I think it's great from several angles. That said - if you're going to poke the bear in the eye than you had better have your shit together. What did he think, that they were honestly just going to roll over? Sorry, but people in government are too petty for that. He should have predicted their response.

iu

Yea the law is stupid. Yea I don't agree with it. But when you're going to throw yourself into the public eye and do so by pissing on those in power, you had best be ready for the crack back... His license should have been renewed and in good order and he should have had a lawyer on retainer for whatever may come.

This was bound to happen sooner or later. This state more resembles Soviet Russia than free America.

Makes scores of lawrs and everyone is a criminal. Then only prosecute your political enemies.

Unfortunately the average voter isn’t smart enough to see this strategy.

Soooo
If my license was pulled, I would not travel alone w weapons in my vehicle, because according to the state I shouldn’t be in possession of them
I would call a friend, have him pick them up & bring them to my brother in law in NH

Surrender this !!!!!

As far as confiscation, yada yada, the very second you've got license troubles, GET THE FIREARMS INTO "LEGAL" HANDS. Period. Don't give them the chance. Ever

Question for those that actually know. Let us say you found yourself in this position, if you could get a licensed friend to your house before the warrant got there, would you technically be “safe”? So long as a licensed person is present to preside over the alleged firearms, and is willing to take responsibility for them, the reasoning for a warrant would be nullified no? How about justification for confiscation?

Clearly, keep your shit in order is lesson #1 here. I wouldn’t want to test it, but I love the idea of the legal equivalent of pulling a Roscoe P. Coletrain on the jackboots....

He is one of the persons organizing the "Straight Pride Parade" in Boston. His social media has bitten him in the ass.

Super happy fun america
Our Team
Our Team
Super Happy Fun America is committed to creating spaces for people of all identities to embrace the vibrancy of the straight community. We believe that true diversity is only possible when people of all sexual orientations are free to celebrate their lifestyles.
We seek full straight equality

Mark Sahady: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Boston Straight Pride Parade: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Question for those that actually know. Let us say you found yourself in this position, if you could get a licensed friend to your house before the warrant got there, would you technically be “safe”? So long as a licensed person is present to preside over the alleged firearms, and is willing to take responsibility for them, the reasoning for a warrant would be nullified no? How about justification for confiscation?

Clearly, keep your shit in order is lesson #1 here. I wouldn’t want to test it, but I love the idea of the legal equivalent of pulling a Roscoe P. Coletrain on the jackboots....
If the guns are still there physically when the police arrive they will not allow anyone else to take them. You can bet on that, period. The guns need to be physically out of state before the police arrive.

Is this where having a FID as well as a LTC helps?

Or will they just pull both
They would pull both and I'm certain that a judge would agree (wrt FID). Also since you can't possess anything but low-capacity long guns with an FID, they would still confiscate everything. The arrogance is deeper than you think.

1. Personal Opinion, I think the Straight Pride Parade is stupid. My gut says’s this guy is a dipshit (don’t know him).
2. As others have said, you know what happens when you kick the hornets nest. I understand his predicament but Not really sympathetic.
3. Hope he cards (and photocopies) anyone he meets online for the near future, just saying.

Every tyranny starts with "the mandatory registration". Registration has nothing to do with your needs or the needs of other citizens.

Registration is giving any government a reliable list of prospects which government needs to round up first. Once you are registered, you can't hide anymore, and you are tracking yourself for the .gov. and you are paying them for it! Registration can be passed from one regime to another, you did not possibly experience it yet, but my family did.

My grandfather had to register as a Jew and my grandmother had to register as a person living with a Jew when Nazis swallowed the entire Europe. This registration followed them all the way from the Nazism to communism and ultimately led to my grandfather being suicided by the communists in 1950's. First, they have had to give up a piano, then they had to walk in the street, not on the sidewalk, then they were not allowed in parks, then they have lost their business ....You all know the story!!

When you are registering in Massachusetts you are registering as an enemy of the people. You are fingerprinted and harassed by a local police freely. They may or may not licence you. They may also just mail you that your license has expired but they will keep working on it.....As they wish.

You, defending this lunacy, and agreeing with this lunacy, only confirm that you belong here and nowhere else. You have lost the fight and you know it, you just like to keep bringing up idiotic excuses, explaining why this needed to be done, and why those, who did not do it, or who became victims of the clueless process, should suffer consequences. You are helping them to improve the prison you did not build.

History teaches us that we have lost already and we are in the holding pen.

Last edited:
1. Personal Opinion, I think the Straight Pride Parade is stupid. My gut says’s this guy is a dipshit (don’t know him).
2. As others have said, you know what happens when you kick the hornets nest. I understand his predicament but Not really sympathetic.
3. Hope he cards (and photocopies) anyone he meets online for the near future, just saying.
Wow. 1st Amendment much?

People’s rights shouldn’t be threatened for having a political opinion

Every tyranny starts with "the mandatory registration". Registration has nothing to do with your needs or the needs of other citizens.

Registration is giving any government a reliable list of prospects which government needs to round up first. Once you are registered, you can't hide anymore, and you are tracking yourself for the .gov. and you are paying them for it! Registration can be passed from one regime to another, you did not possibly experience it yet, but my family did.

My grandfather had to register as a Jew and my grandmother had to register as a person living with a Jew when Nazis swallowed the entire Europe. This registration followed them all the way from the Nazism to communism and ultimately led to my grandfather being suicided by the communists in 1950's. First, they have had to give up a piano, then they had to walk in the street, not on the sidewalk, then they were not allowed in parks, then they have lost their business ....You all know the story!!

When you are registering in Massachusetts you are registering as an enemy of the people. You are fingerprinted and harassed by a local police freely. They may or may not licence you. They may also just mail you that your license has expired but they will keep working on it.....As they wish.

You, defending this lunacy, and agreeing with this lunacy, only confirm that you belong here and nowhere else. You have lost the fight and you know it, you just like to keep bringing up idiotic excuses, explaining why this needed to be done, and why those, who did not do it, or who became victims of the clueless process, should suffer consequences. You are helping them to improve the prison you did not build.

History teaches us that we have lost already and we are in the holding pen.

I'm an American.
I'm a Jew whose mother was born in Vienna and fled Hitler.
My maternal grandfather disappeared.
My godparents had tattoos from one of Hitler's camps.
I'm not giving up my firearms.

I think that this type of situation would make for a really interesting case..

IF 2a is a Right an not a privilege. Does having a license lapse, a process/ clerical issue Make you a prohibited person?
Does the license confirm your right? Or does it Grant you a Right?

Maybe in mass this is a differentiation without a difference. But I suspect Strict Scrutiny outside of Mass by a kangaroo-less review of judges make look at this quite differently.

Also Heller. If he never took the guns outside of his home. Without the license, is he no longer at all to possess within his own home?

I think the Mass SJC has made so many pretzel logic decisions that, a higher court HAS to call them out at some point.

When the cops said they were gonna tear his house apart he should have said good I'll make sure to film it all. Cops don't seem to like being filmed much. Especially the ones that aren't as familiar with all the laws they're supposed to uphold. They could end up doing something unlawful that a good defense lawyer could capitalize on later

I guess my question would be if I had them moved to my Bil out of state, would I be required to tell the police where they were?
And they w execute the search warrant even if you tell them they are not there
Prob look harder, cause they couldn’t find them

Yup, but I keep it for concealed carry and for FOPA when I'm traveling up that way. "Officer I'm going to my friend's house in New Hampshire".

NH has had constitutional carry for awhile now. No P&R needed.

Look at a map and think about what I posted.

You're in GA, right? NH doesn't add any states that you aren't already legal in. FOPA doesn't require you to have a CCW in the destination, just that you can lawfully have it there. You can with or without the P&R (and could have even before Con Carry was passed in NH).

Back
Top Bottom